Windows 10: Huge D/L 290GB, U/L 20GB after startup. Suspicious?

Discus and support Huge D/L 290GB, U/L 20GB after startup. Suspicious? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After turning on my Dell laptop G5 5500, 250G hard drive, Windows 10, it proceeded to download 290G and upload 20G of data over the next 2 hours via... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by El_Dude, Jun 3, 2023.

1. El_Dude Win User

Huge D/L 290GB, U/L 20GB after startup. Suspicious?

After turning on my Dell laptop G5 5500, 250G hard drive, Windows 10, it proceeded to download 290G and upload 20G of data over the next 2 hours via Google WiFi, according to the Home app on my mobile device, the only source for this kind of info of which I'm aware. I was not streaming any videos nor music, and while i do have OneDrive as a backup, that would account for only 4G-5G, assuming it was operating.1. What could possibly account for these large amounts data activity?2. What's the most practicle way for a layman to determine the nature of data that's uploaded from and downloaded

:)

El_Dude, Jun 3, 2023
  2. Pipepro Win User

Huge differenvce in D/L speeds on different PC's

I went to device manager clicked on properties then advanced tab and this is what I have to work with.
    Huge D/L 290GB, U/L 20GB after startup.  Suspicious? 116390d1485975592t-huge-differenvce-d-l-speeds-different-pcs-qual.jpg

Pipepro, Jun 4, 2023
  3. miata54 Win User
    Different D/L speeds

I've got two PC's connected to the same router with both connected via Ethernet cable. D/L speeds between the two are wide apart. I'd like to know what factors could influence this difference.

PC#1

i7-9700K 3.6 ghz base
    32GB DDR4 2666 RAM
    802.11 Network card
    D/L speed between 50-60 MBps

PC#2

AMD 1660 2.4 ghz
    4GB RAM (unknown speed)
    802.11 Network Card
    D/L speed between 10-12 MBps

Would a faster processor influence DL speeds?

miata54, Jun 4, 2023
  4. Huge D/L 290GB, U/L 20GB after startup. Suspicious?

DIVX player D/L fails

When I run the Windows update troubleshooter it says I have a missing or corrupt service registration and that I should reset it but it didn't tell me how! I know nothing about PC's (obviously) so I don't know how to reset it or why I should have to.

I am using Win 10. I had Win 7 and accepted the free download from MSN when it became available. It's not a bootleg copy and everything else so far has worked and D/L'ed fine.

The DIVX installer D/L's fine but when I try to run it (as adm.) I get a pop-up that says
    "an error has occurred. Please check your internet settings and try again."

Windows also suggested I modify the register to solve the problem. (with my very limited PC skills I wouldn't do that on a dare!) Sounds dangerous!

As I stated before, this DIVX D/L is the only problem I have had with any D/L's.

I haven't made any changes to my PC. I did uninstall the old DIVX player when the new player DL failed per a suggestion from another tech site but that didn't help.

thanks for the help,

lige

lige perry, Jun 4, 2023
Thema:

Huge D/L 290GB, U/L 20GB after startup. Suspicious?

1. Huge D/L 290GB, U/L 20GB after startup. Suspicious? - Similar Threads - Huge 290GB 20GB

2. Zukbkkkbkblvbksevbsle l

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Zukbkkkbkblvbksevbsle l: Bjbujkybkevkeiburnkebebkchrvr https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zukbkkkbkblvbksevbsle-l/a3163943-9c74-47d8-ab84-5483f9bcc6a4
  3. Zukbkkkbkblvbksevbsle l

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Zukbkkkbkblvbksevbsle l: Bjbujkybkevkeiburnkebebkchrvr https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zukbkkkbkblvbksevbsle-l/a3163943-9c74-47d8-ab84-5483f9bcc6a4
  4. Huge D/L 290GB, U/L 20GB after startup. Suspicious?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Huge D/L 290GB, U/L 20GB after startup. Suspicious?: After turning on my Dell laptop G5 5500, 250G hard drive, Windows 10, it proceeded to download 290G and upload 20G of data over the next 2 hours via Google WiFi, according to the Home app on my mobile device, the only source for this kind of info of which I'm aware. I was not...
  5. Huge D/L 290GB, U/L 20GB after startup. Suspicious?

Huge D/L 290GB, U/L 20GB after startup. Suspicious?: After turning on my Dell laptop G5 5500, 250G hard drive, Windows 10, it proceeded to download 290G and upload 20G of data over the next 2 hours via Google WiFi, according to the Home app on my mobile device, the only source for this kind of info of which I'm aware. I was not...
  6. notepad can't read files, also it shows l l l when typing.

notepad can't read files, also it shows l l l when typing.: HelloI am facing a problem with notepad on windows 11. When I try to run txt files in notepad, it shows nothing. Also when I type in notepad it shows l l l l.I tried to search for solution and I found that there is a fix for that by using command DISM /Online /add-Capability...
  7. Different D/L speeds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Different D/L speeds: I've got two PC's connected to the same router with both connected via Ethernet cable. D/L speeds between the two are wide apart. I'd like to know what factors could influence this difference. PC#1 i7-9700K 3.6 ghz base 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM 802.11 Network card D/L speed...
  8. R`einst````a````l`l````i`n```g`````````~W``````in `1``0` ```````a`n`````d...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    R`einst````a````l`l````i`n```g`````````~W``````in `1``0` ```````a`n`````d...: Hi, My Dell laptop developed HDD issues a while back after I had upgraded it from Win 8.1 to win10. I had to buy a new Hdd n reinstall the Win10 but my software person didn't reinstall my laptop's win10 from MS server but got me a Win10 pro from a network that i'm not a part...
  9. since d/l Win 10 ... no Internet

since d/l Win 10 ... no Internet: After using Windows 7 for years, I was finally convinced to d/l Win 10. On my main computer, (this one) all is well now; initially Win 10 could not d/l updates, but I got that sorted. However my second conputer (Gigiabyte GA H61M S2PV, 4Gbram, i3 2nd gen processor) has not...
  10. Huge differenvce in D/L speeds on different PC's

Huge differenvce in D/L speeds on different PC's: Down in Florida for the winter. I had my cable activated with the same Motorola (SBG6580)wireless modem as last year. All 3 devices I use are the same, Lenova laptop was Win 8.1 now Win 10, Network adapter is a Qualcomm Atheros AR956x....Gateway All in One was Win 7 now Win...