Windows 10: Huge disk storage doesn’t add up

Discus and support Huge disk storage doesn’t add up in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I’m using an HP laptop running on Windows 10. It’s been pretty slow recently and I noticed that there’s 411 GB out of 446 GB space being used in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Brie Elle, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Brie Elle Win User

Huge disk storage doesn’t add up

I’m using an HP laptop running on Windows 10. It’s been pretty slow recently and I noticed that there’s 411 GB out of 446 GB space being used in my hard disk drive. I’m not using the laptop that much and I checked the storage in settings to see what was taking up all that space. I already went through my desktop and the pictures folder and there wasn’t enough files to take up that much space 169 GB and 89.7 GB. As for the apps & features, I manually calculated and there’s just about 6.8 GB based on what’s displayed in the settings. I don’t know how it managed to get up to 108 GB. Storage

:)

Brie Elle, Jun 28, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Huge disk storage doesn’t add up [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 28, 2021
  3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Jun 28, 2021
  4. Huge disk storage doesn’t add up

Storage Spaces setup doesn´t recognize my SATA disk

I want to use ReFS (Reciellent File System) to store my files on Windows 10 because it seems like ReFS is safer for file storage than NTFS. As far as I understand, you need to configure Storage Spaces with mirror space as well to really make use of the ReFS
    monitoring and file maintenance.

Read more on the HowToGeek website:

How to Use Windows 10’s Storage Spaces to Mirror and Combine Drives

My problem is as follows. I have one SSD and two 2 TB SSHD:s my laptop. The SSHD:s are of exactly the same kind, but one of them is installed as a SATA disk and one is installed as a USB disk in a HDCaddy where the optical drive used to be. When I try to
    setup Storage Spaces the SATA disk is not shown as availible only the USB disk in the HDCaddy is shown, why is that?

If my research is correct, I need to have two disks in storage spaces and format as ReFS to get the protection against file corruption that NTFS don't provide so I'm very grateful for any suggestions.

My system is Windows 10 pro Version build 17134.

EDIT AUGUST 11TH 2018:

I suddenly realized there is a Windows recovery partition on the SATA disk, and I suppose I need to delete it to get Storage Spaces setup to recognize this SATA disk. Since I have several backups of the OS, and a couple of bootable USB sticks, I don't need
    a recovery partition. But I'm not ready to go ahead just yet. I need to do som more file backups first and dwell on this for a while, I don't want to rush into such a big change.

salvemundum, Jun 28, 2021
Thema:

Huge disk storage doesn’t add up

1. Huge disk storage doesn’t add up - Similar Threads - Huge disk storage

2. Storage space doesn’t add up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage space doesn’t add up: My storage space on my pc doesn’t add up to all the space the apps say they take up plus my storage space keeps changing, my computer said I had 15gb free but when I reset my computer it said I only had 5gb free...
  3. Storage space doesn’t add up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage space doesn’t add up: My storage space on my pc doesn’t add up to all the space the apps say they take up plus my storage space keeps changing, my computer said I had 15gb free but when I reset my computer it said I only had 5gb free...
  4. Storage space doesn’t add up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Huge Disk Space

Huge Disk Space: I had a problem about my disk space and I decided to look which file is taking a huge place293GB, although I don't have so many programs on my pc.Then I saw a file which was named ,C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\ClickToRun\ProductReleases\AF99D195-6556-4A34-8A4B-17FADA230DEEand I...
  6. Huge Disk Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Huge Disk Space: I had a problem about my disk space and I decided to look which file is taking a huge place293GB, although I don't have so many programs on my pc.Then I saw a file which was named ,C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\ClickToRun\ProductReleases\AF99D195-6556-4A34-8A4B-17FADA230DEEand I...
  7. Storage does not add up

Storage does not add up: Hi, I am currently running on Windows 10 and I am trying to clear out my storage in order to make my games run better. Right now, my "Apps and Features" are taking up most of my space. According to the storage settings, it is taking up about 142 GB worth of storage. However,...
  8. Storage does not add up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage does not add up: Hi, I am currently running on Windows 10 and I am trying to clear out my storage in order to make my games run better. Right now, my "Apps and Features" are taking up most of my space. According to the storage settings, it is taking up about 142 GB worth of storage. However,...
  9. Storage does not add up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Unable to add new disks to storage pool

Unable to add new disks to storage pool: I am attempting to add a pair of new disks to a storage pool, but when I do I get the following error: Can't Prepare drives Close all applications that are accessing the drive, and then try again The system cannot find the file specified. 0x00000002 [ATTACH] I notice...