Windows 10: Huge file taking up space

Discus and support Huge file taking up space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is this file safe to delete? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dews20, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Dews20 Win User

Huge file taking up space

Is this file safe to delete?

Huge file taking up space c90aa552-28d4-4a1d-af12-95d826c19864?upload=true.png

:)

Dews20, Feb 9, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

System Taking Like All of my space ._.

Windows File Explorer is not great at finding out where your hard drive space is being used . . .

• Click HERE to download a small free utility Called TreeSize.
    • Run that utility as Administrator
    • Point it to your C Drive
    • Let the list of files/folders build
    • Expand out the folder(s) that are taking all your hard drive space
    • Please provide a screenshot of the resulting window in order for us to make a better analysis of what is happening with your system and suggest a remedy

DaveM121, Feb 9, 2021
  3. Not enough space even though there is space

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We will surely assist you with the issue. Refer the below steps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to change the file system to NTFS while formatting and then try copying the files and check.

Step 2:

• Take the backup of the data, if you have any important data in it?
      • Let’s format the drive and check.
      • Go to this PC.
      • Right click on the external USB device.
      • Select Format.

Note: Formatting will delete all the data in the device, taking a backup of the data is recommended before performing a format.

Keep us posted for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Feb 9, 2021
  4. Huge file taking up space

PCDr taking a huge amount of space in the ProgramData folder

I've seen another thread in this forum regarding PCDr (a folder within the ProgramData folder) and a couple of answers suggesting it could be either Dell software or malware. I have a Dell desktop myself, and I looked a bit more carefully at the contents
    of this folder when I realized that it was occupying about 57 Gigabytes (yes!) in my C drive, leaving my computer almost unusable (I have a relatively small C drive that is a solid state drive, and a bigger D drive). I noticed that essentially *all* of this
    space was taken up by 'dmp' files from PCDr, from a day in which I was presented a low disk space usage warning (a week ago), which is very intriguing (I am not quite sure whether it was the actual source of the low disk space warning, or a consequence of
    it).

BTW, other logs within this folder appear to clearly suggest telemetry-related software. Could somebody confirm what software this folder belongs to, how to remove it, and possibly how to report that it must be completely broken -if it can allow its own
    'dmp' files to take up that much space- (there were thousands of such files in PCDr/6992). I doubt that this is malware though, since the logs and files offer clear glimpses as to the program's workings. However, there is no way to uninstall via the regular
    Windows 10 Programs and Apps, as far as I can tell. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! (I've already deleted myself the 'dmp' files, but I want to prevent a new whole bunch from being created).

ngPatricia, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

Huge file taking up space

1. Huge file taking up space - Similar Threads - Huge file taking

2. Temporary Files Not Available to Delete Taking Up Huge Amount of Disk Space After Reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temporary Files Not Available to Delete Taking Up Huge Amount of Disk Space After Reboot: After rebooting, I lost copious amounts of disk space randomly and more reboots don't help. Today I decided to crack down again on the random disk space loss after rebooting my device and I noticed that temporary files were taking up more storage than usual. I went to go the...
  3. Temporary Files Not Available to Delete Taking Up Huge Amount of Disk Space After Reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temporary Files Not Available to Delete Taking Up Huge Amount of Disk Space After Reboot: After rebooting, I lost copious amounts of disk space randomly and more reboots don't help. Today I decided to crack down again on the random disk space loss after rebooting my device and I noticed that temporary files were taking up more storage than usual. I went to go the...
  4. WindowsApps Folder taking huges amount of space

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    WindowsApps Folder taking huges amount of space: hello i notice a computer our compagnies that have a 256 GB HDD the windowsApps Folder is taking 190 GB of space some apps are not even installed like HiddenCityMysteryofShadows or DisneyMagicKingdoms etc...the folder is present with different version.so how can i remove...
  5. WindowsApps Folder taking huges amount of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WindowsApps Folder taking huges amount of space: hello i notice a computer our compagnies that have a 256 GB HDD the windowsApps Folder is taking 190 GB of space some apps are not even installed like HiddenCityMysteryofShadows or DisneyMagicKingdoms etc...the folder is present with different version.so how can i remove...
  6. WindowsApps Folder taking huges amount of space

7. Unknown Space taking up huge amount of space in external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown Space taking up huge amount of space in external hard drive: The SSD external harddrive has 4TB space capacity, using around 27gb of space, but there is/are unknown files occupying space. I have tried all possible solutions, deleting folders, show hidden files, etc. I even tried reformat it, however, when I start to transfer files back...
  8. Unknown Space taking up huge amount of space in external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Space taking up huge amount of space in external hard drive: The SSD external harddrive has 4TB space capacity, using around 27gb of space, but there is/are unknown files occupying space. I have tried all possible solutions, deleting folders, show hidden files, etc. I even tried reformat it, however, when I start to transfer files back...
  9. Unknown Space taking up huge amount of space in external hard drive

10. WSL take huge amount of disk space??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WSL take huge amount of disk space??: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/6razyboy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e7t8lq/wsl_take_huge_amount_of_disk_space/