Windows 10: Huge font cache folder - safe to delete?

Discus and support Huge font cache folder - safe to delete? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1016). While doing analysis for huge folders and files in C drive I came across font cache folder. It is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by archz2, Aug 15, 2020.

1. archz2 Win User

Huge font cache folder - safe to delete?

I have Windows 10 version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1016). While doing analysis for huge folders and files in C drive I came across font cache folder. It is occupying a whopping 11.7 GB space.

Can I safely delete this folder without causing any trouble?

Huge font cache folder - safe to delete? [​IMG]

:)

archz2, Aug 15, 2020
  2. Didi-H Win User

Huge "cache" file, is it safe to delete?

Hello Coulton, I'm Didi F., an independent advisor.

It is safe to clear this folder, however don't delete it.

You can clear this folder, the Delivery Optimization cache, following the procedure indicated here :

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/404170...

Regards,

Didi

Didi-H, Aug 15, 2020
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Huge font cache folder - safe to delete? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Huge font cache folder - safe to delete? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Aug 15, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Huge font cache folder - safe to delete? - Similar Threads - Huge font cache

2. deleted a huge folder , is there any to recover it ;

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleted a huge folder , is there any to recover it ;: So like the title suggests, I deleted a HUGE folder, 128 gigabytes by ACCIDENT, and it erased everything on my computer and now I can’t get it back. Basically what happened was, I was backing up my phone to my computer and I wanted to back into my D: drive but I accidentally...
  3. deleted a huge folder , is there any to recover it ;

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    deleted a huge folder , is there any to recover it ;: So like the title suggests, I deleted a HUGE folder, 128 gigabytes by ACCIDENT, and it erased everything on my computer and now I can’t get it back. Basically what happened was, I was backing up my phone to my computer and I wanted to back into my D: drive but I accidentally...
  4. Is this folder safe to delete .openjfx, .cache & Package Cache

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is this folder safe to delete .openjfx, .cache & Package Cache: Hi, these file has just randomly started showing up on my C:/Users/My Name. I have no idea what this folder is and it was created 22 Feb 2023. Along with the .cache folder which is in the same place, this has a folder inside of it called fontconfig, i just want to know if...
  5. Is this folder safe to delete .openjfx, .cache & Package Cache

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this folder safe to delete .openjfx, .cache & Package Cache: Hi, these file has just randomly started showing up on my C:/Users/My Name. I have no idea what this folder is and it was created 22 Feb 2023. Along with the .cache folder which is in the same place, this has a folder inside of it called fontconfig, i just want to know if...
  6. Is this folder safe to delete .openjfx, .cache & Package Cache

7. Delete WIndowsApps Folder Huge Files

Delete WIndowsApps Folder Huge Files: Hello there I have some old data in other drives of windows where I had installed xbox games and I think that's what has created that folder. Even though the games are no longer there I can't see to detete those files. I have assigned all permissions but some big files are...
  8. Huge "cache" file, is it safe to delete?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Huge "cache" file, is it safe to delete?: I ran a CCleaner scan this morning and there is a 30 gig file that I sure am not using. Heres a snip of it: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/huge-cache-file-is-it-safe-to-delete/13bde00b-43ed-44cb-972e-80ff3e1eb449
  9. My cache is huge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My cache is huge: My cache located C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Caches is over 400gbs big, can I delete it or will my computer explode if I do?...
  10. Help to delete a huge amount of folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Help to delete a huge amount of folders: Hello Guys, So i was trying to install a new language on my laptop. and i downloaded the language file which is a RAR folder then i extracted it directly to OS(C*Smile the problem is i got a super huge amount of folders and files extracted there almost 12000 folders or...