Windows 10: Huge FPS drop after a driver ? update

Discus and support Huge FPS drop after a driver ? update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I'm not sure if its the right place to ask so sorry in advance. After recently updating my NVIDIA Drivers to the newest version i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sir_tonberry, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Huge FPS drop after a driver ? update

Hello. I'm not sure if its the right place to ask so sorry in advance.

After recently updating my NVIDIA Drivers to the newest version i have experienced a huge fps drop in all games. Note that i also updated windows the same day so that may be the cause as well, it wasnt the big update however because 2004 is not yet available for me, just some smaller ones . At first i thought it may be caused by the new drivers being bad so i rolled back to older drivers time and time again , however it did not help. Tried setting the games to use only High performance GPU with no positive result either andalso tried changing settings to Maximum performance and lowest quality but that also did not help. I even tried a clean nvidia reinstall using DDU, and installing drivers that i knew worked perfectly but even that did nothing. I'm completely out of options and have no idea what might be causing those Issues. Any help would be appreciated.

My processor is Intel i5 7300 with integrated HD graphics 620
    My GPU is Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050
    My system version is Windows 10 1903 OS build 18362.959

:)

sir_tonberry, Jul 16, 2020

2. Huge FPS drop after update

Until this week, my laptop was just fine. So a couple days ago, Windows 10 decided to update (version 1607), and now my overall FPS has ridiculously dropped. The computer takes a lot more time to start, stutters all the time, and games that I used to reach
    130~140 FPS are now playing at an average of 20~30 FPS. That is absolutely ridiculous. I have tried to rollback to before the update, but the System Restore failed, so I'm stuck with this update, unless I format (which I'm trying not to). I already have reinstalled
    the drivers (NVIDIA, Intel), to no use.

gabrieltaets, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Cs Go Huge Fps Drop and Lags

Hey i bought a new laptop just few days back and i tried many game on it. All worked fine but CSGO Lags and gives huge frame drops causing me not able to play and the fps then constantly keeps decreasing causing the game to be not worth playing.

Intel 7700Hq

GTX 1060

16GB ram

NaitikGupta, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Huge FPS drop after a driver ? update

FPS drop on Windows 10

what is the model of your laptop. What graphic drivers do you have installed? Can you list a game or two where you measured the FPS drop?

Kevin C [MSFT], Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Huge FPS drop after a driver ? update

1. Huge FPS drop after a driver ? update - Similar Threads - Huge FPS drop

2. Massive fps drop after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Massive fps drop after Windows update: After installing the latest Windows update KB5034467 the game installed Rainbow Six Siege, which I've been playing for years is simply unplayable. It was working just fine before, medium graphic settings and getting over 100 fps.AFTER the update, I'm getting 3-4 fps. How is...
  3. Unable to gaming after windows update huge FPS drop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to gaming after windows update huge FPS drop: Dear Microsoft,Please let me know when i can play games again, because after i installed windows updates, almost all games have huge FPS drops in full screen mode.This is a huge problem for months now. I can't play old games too like games from 2007My PC:Asus n752vx...
  4. fps drops after latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    fps drops after latest update: hi I'm on version 20h2 with the latest update and when I tried to play a game like any game the fps will just drop to 30 or 10 in some cases when it is normally on 60 cpu: i5 3470 Gpu: Gforce gtx 960 4gb Ram:16gb ddr3 1600mhz btw all the latest nvidia drives are installed...
  5. fps drops after update

fps drops after update: Hello! I mainly play csgo. It used to run in 60 fps. Yesterday, there was a small update. After the update, the fps keeps dropping to 5-15 constantly. I tried to revert that update but I couldn't because windows will only allow me to revert versions and I can't do that...
  6. Huge FPS drop in game after upgrading to version 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Huge FPS drop in game after upgrading to version 2004: Had an upgrade to 2004 yesterday, opened up a game and found out the FPS dropped a lot, Deleted Windows.old because i didn't have much disk space left. Anyway to rollback to 1909 without reinstalling the whole system or just recover its file. Specs: i5-5200u GeForce 940M...
  7. FPS drop after newest windows update

FPS drop after newest windows update: after updating my computer to the newest windows update, some games that ran smoothly is now having some big FPS drops how can i fix this? submitted by /u/oofnibbaaa [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h0w4wq/fps_drop_after_newest_windows_update/
  8. FPS DROPS AND TEARING AFTER THE UPDATE

FPS DROPS AND TEARING AFTER THE UPDATE: So i finally did that update that was popping up the whole time and ever since i have been getting fps drops in games like rocket league and cs how do i fix that and if that cant happen how do i go back to the previous version of the windows submitted by /u/DGodSpeed...
  9. Random Blurry Graphics and Zoomed/Huge FPS Drop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Blurry Graphics and Zoomed/Huge FPS Drop.: So I was casually playing World of Warcraft late at night and then after I was AFK for about an hour I came back and noticed my graphics were terrible in game without the settings being altered and my FPS dropped to constant 1-5 FPS from a normal 40-50 I closed out the game...
  10. Huge fps drop on games after upgrading to Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Huge fps drop on games after upgrading to Windows 10.: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 because there are a handful of upcoming games that I am interested in that are only available from the Windows store (Gears of War, Killer Instinct, and Quantum Break), and I also want to take advantage of dx12 when games start to utilize it....