Windows 10: Huge FPS drop in game after upgrading to version 2004

Discus and support Huge FPS drop in game after upgrading to version 2004 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Had an upgrade to 2004 yesterday, opened up a game and found out the FPS dropped a lot, Deleted Windows.old because i didn't have much disk space left.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BuckyTM, Sep 28, 2020.

1. BuckyTM Win User

Huge FPS drop in game after upgrading to version 2004

Had an upgrade to 2004 yesterday, opened up a game and found out the FPS dropped a lot, Deleted Windows.old because i didn't have much disk space left. Anyway to rollback to 1909 without reinstalling the whole system or just recover its file.

Specs:

i5-5200u

GeForce 940M

8GB ram

256 GB SSD

:)

BuckyTM, Sep 28, 2020

2. drop fps every game

Hi,

You can check Preeti Patel's answer on this
    link
    . Some users found her answer helpful. We suggest that you also try to follow the steps she provided and let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Cs Go Huge Fps Drop and Lags

Hey i bought a new laptop just few days back and i tried many game on it. All worked fine but CSGO Lags and gives huge frame drops causing me not able to play and the fps then constantly keeps decreasing causing the game to be not worth playing.

Intel 7700Hq

GTX 1060

16GB ram

NaitikGupta, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Huge FPS drop in game after upgrading to version 2004

Huge fps drop on games after upgrading to Windows 10.

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 because there are a handful of upcoming games that I am interested in that are only available from the Windows store (Gears of War, Killer Instinct, and Quantum Break), and I also want to take advantage of dx12 when games start to utilize it. I've read that some people have noticed a minor dip in fps after upgrading, but my experience was so bad I had no choice but to revert back to Windows 7 Ultimate.

Examples:

Rise of the Tomb Raider- Windows 7-max fps-62, min fps-43. Windows 10-max fps-44, min fps-31
    Just Cause 3 Windows 7-max fps-54, min fps-30. Windows 10-a consistent 30 fps.
    Project Cars Windows 7-max fps-118, min fps-88. Windows 10- max fps 88, min fps-73.
    Mad Max Windows 7-max fps-111, min fps-88. Windows 10- a consistent 60 fps.

As you can see, these represent more than just a "slight drop" in framerate which I was willing to accept. Is anyone else having similiar issues with their gaming rig?

My pc

i7 4790k 4 ghz cpu
    gtx 980 ti x 2 SLI
    32 gb ddr3
    Asus Extreme Motherboard.

johnnysac5, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Huge FPS drop in game after upgrading to version 2004

1. Huge FPS drop in game after upgrading to version 2004 - Similar Threads - Huge FPS drop

2. Fps drop in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drop in games: so as the title says , i have been facing fps drops in games. for example sekiro which was working fine last year is currently unplayable because after say 5 minutes the fps drop from 60 to 30. I open up my task manager to see whats wrong and everythings fine. I checked using...
  3. Fps drop in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fps drop in games: so as the title says , i have been facing fps drops in games. for example sekiro which was working fine last year is currently unplayable because after say 5 minutes the fps drop from 60 to 30. I open up my task manager to see whats wrong and everythings fine. I checked using...
  4. FPS drop in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS drop in games: windows updates are causing fps drops down to 20 - 10 fps in games that used to run at 80 -100 fps. I have tried every single fix out there. i've tried several different graphics driver versions, reinstalling windows, even a complete factory reset . specs - Lenovo legion 5...
  5. FPS drop in games

FPS drop in games: windows updates are causing fps drops down to 20 - 10 fps in games that used to run at 80 -100 fps. I have tried every single fix out there. i've tried several different graphics driver versions, reinstalling windows, even a complete factory reset . specs - Lenovo legion 5...
  6. Fps drops in-game after few hours

Fps drops in-game after few hours: Hey, I'm Bhargav Motiwala. I'm using a Lenovo L340 gaming laptop 1TB storage. I play valorant everyday and recently I upgraded to Windows 11 and now I'm facing a problem that my fps everytime drops from 120fps to 40-50fps. I have tried multiple things like changing driver...
  7. Unable to gaming after windows update huge FPS drop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to gaming after windows update huge FPS drop: Dear Microsoft,Please let me know when i can play games again, because after i installed windows updates, almost all games have huge FPS drops in full screen mode.This is a huge problem for months now. I can't play old games too like games from 2007My PC:Asus n752vx...
  8. Drop in FPS after Windows 10 version 2004 Update

Drop in FPS after Windows 10 version 2004 Update: I updated to version 2004 yesterday and since then when I play games my FPS drops drasticallyfrom 70 to 6 within a few minutes and then it goes back up and repeats the same. I tried reinstalling my driverswhich are up to date and even did a factory data reset. Can anyone tell...
  9. Huge FPS drop after a driver ? update

Huge FPS drop after a driver ? update: Hello. I'm not sure if its the right place to ask so sorry in advance. After recently updating my NVIDIA Drivers to the newest version i have experienced a huge fps drop in all games. Note that i also updated windows the same day so that may be the cause as well, it wasnt...
  10. Huge fps drop on games after upgrading to Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Huge fps drop on games after upgrading to Windows 10.: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 because there are a handful of upcoming games that I am interested in that are only available from the Windows store (Gears of War, Killer Instinct, and Quantum Break), and I also want to take advantage of dx12 when games start to utilize it....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. FPS