Windows 10: HUGE fps problems occuring over the last few days.

Discus and support HUGE fps problems occuring over the last few days. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; SPECS: XPS 15 9570 Dedicated GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 1050ti with Max-q Design Integrated GPU: IntelR UHD Graphics 630 i7-8750H CPU 512GB 16GB RAM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GOO90, Jun 7, 2020.

1. GOO90 Win User

HUGE fps problems occuring over the last few days.

SPECS:

XPS 15 9570

Dedicated GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 1050ti with Max-q Design

Integrated GPU: IntelR UHD Graphics 630

i7-8750H CPU

512GB
    16GB RAM

My problems are very similar to the ones outlined in this post same laptop, same specs, problems occured in the same month:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ell-full/713a28e6-d2dd-4572-8cd5-84c99997075a

Problems:

This suddenly started a week ago: FPS is incredibly poor 5-20 FPS, sometimes can reach 60 FPS but every 5 seconds it drops back down to 20 FPS.

What I suspect:

I believe this is a problem to do with my display adapters 1050ti and IntelR UHD Graphics 630, however I may be wrong.

Tests I have done so far:

Dell Full Hardware Test comes back with these results:

IntelR UHD Graphics 630 GPU Pipeline Data Test - Cannot Run

IntelR UHD Graphics 630 Shader Rendering Test - Cannot Run

IntelR UHD Graphics 630 Fixed Transformation and Lighting Test - Cannot Run

IntelR UHD Graphics 630 Wireframe Line Test - Cannot Run

IntelR UHD Graphics 630 Wireframe Shader Rendering Test - Cannot Run

IntelR UHD Graphics 630 Shader Rendering DX10 Test - Cannot Run

IntelR UHD Graphics 630 Shader Rendering DX11 Test - Cannot Run

IntelR UHD Graphics 630 Multiple Rendering DX9 Test - Cannot Run

IntelR UHD Graphics 630 Transformation and Lighting Stress Test - Cannot Run

IntelR UHD Graphics 630 PCI Express Status Test - Passed

IntelR UHD Graphics 630 Primary Surface Test - Passed

IntelR UHD Graphics 630 Video Memory Test - Passed

Dell Support Assist troubleshooting - specific piece of hardware test

Video Card Devices results:

IntelR UHD Graphics 630

Video test - FAILED

Video stress test - FAILED

Heaven Benchmark application:
    FPS constantly bounced between 60 fps and 20 fps - similar to performance in all games.

Disabling IGPU in Device Manager in hopes that laptop is forced to use 1050ti.
    Launched Modern Warfare 2019 - 1050ti remains on 0% utilisation and game runs at 1 FPS.

Sometimes when I did this, I recieved an error that 'GPU Microsoft Basic Render Driver is not supported', potientally my laptop is using this display adapter over my 1050ti?

Monitoring Task Manager

I have monitored task manager while playing games, and my IGPU usage often spikes to 100% causing frame drops.

Potiental solutions I have tried:

- Clean Install of Windows - booted from a usb etc.

- Changing all settings in nvidia control panel, dell power manager, power plan to high performance modes with 1050ti selected.

- Using display driver uninstaller application from the internet - uninstalled both video drivers in safe mode then re-installed them. I have tried this multiple times and each time installed the video drivers from different sources.

Driver sources I have downloaded from:

More system version information:

To my knowledge these are the most recent versions:

Windows OS Build - 10.0.19041 Build 19041
    Windows Version - 2004
    BIOS Version/Date - Dell Inc. 1.16.2, 21/04/2020

GTX 1050ti Driver - 26.21.14.4614

IntelR UHD Graphics 630 Driver - 26.20.100.7262

Hopefully I have laid out my problems in a coherent way. I would really appreaciate any help on this as it has been really bugging me over the last week or so. :-

:)

GOO90, Jun 7, 2020

2. Cs Go Huge Fps Drop and Lags

Hey i bought a new laptop just few days back and i tried many game on it. All worked fine but CSGO Lags and gives huge frame drops causing me not able to play and the fps then constantly keeps decreasing causing the game to be not worth playing.

Intel 7700Hq

GTX 1060

16GB ram

NaitikGupta, Jun 7, 2020
  3. dmccoy Win User
    Nvidia driver problem with 940 MX on Windows 10 x64

I would only go back to the driver from the computers manufacturers if you experience any issues with the latest drivers from devie manufacturers.

If everything is still working well with the clean boot then you can start troubleshooting as follows to start:

How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot

1. Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
    2. From Start, search for msconfig. (In Windows 10, use the Search box from the Start menu. In Windows 8 or 8.1, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)
    3. Select msconfig or System Configuration from the search results.
    4. Tap or click the Services tab, and then tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box.
    5. Tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Service list.
    6. Tap or click OK, and then tap or click Restart.
    7. After the computer finishes restarting, determine whether the problem still occurs.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 1 through 6, but clear the lower half of the check boxes in the Service list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 1 through 6, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Service list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem when only one service is selected in the Service list, this means that the selected service causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no service causes the problem, go to step 8.
    8. Repeat steps 1 and 3 in this section.
    9. Tap or click the Startup tab, and then tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Startup Item list.
    10. Click OK, and then click Restart.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 8 and 9, but clear the lower half of the checked boxes in the Startup Item list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 8 and 9, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Startup Item list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem after only one Startup Item is selected in the Startup Item list, this means that the selected Startup Item causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no Startup Item causes this problem, a Microsoft service probably causes the problem. To determine which Microsoft service may be causing the problem, repeat steps 1 through 7 without selecting the Hide all Microsoft services check box in each step.
    11. After you determine the startup item or the service that causes the problem, contact the program manufacturer to determine whether the problem can be resolved. Or, run the System Configuration utility, and then tap or click to clear the check box for the problem item.
    From <https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows>

dmccoy, Jun 7, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

1. HUGE fps problems occuring over the last few days. - Similar Threads - HUGE fps problems

2. Since last few days this problem is occurring. My Windows 11 is going on sleep when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since last few days this problem is occurring. My Windows 11 is going on sleep when...: Since last few days this problem is occurring. My Windows 11 is going on sleep when unplugged. Battery shows almost full though. Kindly resolve....
  3. Since last few days this problem is occurring. My Windows 11 is going on sleep when...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since last few days this problem is occurring. My Windows 11 is going on sleep when...: Since last few days this problem is occurring. My Windows 11 is going on sleep when unplugged. Battery shows almost full though. Kindly resolve....
  4. multiple BSOD over few days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    multiple BSOD over few days: Hello,I've been experiencing multiple BSOD of the past couple of days. All of them had different error code. I am not an expert and so I had difficulty understanding what to do to fix my computer. I had the following issues:Code: 1000007eParamètre 1: ffffffffc0000005Paramètre...
  5. multiple BSOD over few days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    multiple BSOD over few days: Hello,I've been experiencing multiple BSOD of the past couple of days. All of them had different error code. I am not an expert and so I had difficulty understanding what to do to fix my computer. I had the following issues:Code: 1000007eParamètre 1: ffffffffc0000005Paramètre...
  6. multiple BSOD over few days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Mutliple BSOD over the last few days

Mutliple BSOD over the last few days: After checking the event viewer after a BSOD I see this error that I posted below not sure what it means exactly can anyone help? Using Windows 10 The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000c4 (0x0000000000000083, 0x0000000018118000,...
  8. Been crashing for the last few days

Been crashing for the last few days: Hi there, I've been crashing a bunch for the last few days, starting on the 13th. I believe it started with an update I did right before I updated to the feature update version 2004, or maybe with the update to 2004 itself. I actually crashed 4 times in one day, then 2 the...
  9. BSOD over the last few days

BSOD over the last few days: I've noticed that over the last few days my machine has been crashing randomly. This machine is fairly static, software is very rarely added. It's mainly just Windows Updates. Any idea where to start?...
  10. Multiple BSOD over the last few days possibly after an update

Multiple BSOD over the last few days possibly after an update: Hi All, Having a bit of a mare with my laptop over the last few days. I have updated my drivers etc and took a look at the debugging files but over my head as I haven't needed to do it before. Anyone got any ideas it has BSOD around 10 times. I have attached the dump...