Windows 10: Huge image & video files after copying from android phone to Windows 10 laptop

Discus and support Huge image & video files after copying from android phone to Windows 10 laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After I copied some images & videos from my S9 phone to a Windows 10 laptop, somehow the size of each file increased quite a bit over 30GB each. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sheketker, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Sheketker Win User

Huge image & video files after copying from android phone to Windows 10 laptop

After I copied some images & videos from my S9 phone to a Windows 10 laptop, somehow the size of each file increased quite a bit over 30GB each. The folder which contains these files shows the total size as 3.63TB and size on disk as 28.4 GB which is the expected total size of all these files. I'm not able to open any of these files. Unfortunately, the files were deleted from the phone. Is there a way to fix these corrupted files on the laptop?I saw several posts regarding the same issue on this forum. However, none of those posts had a working solution. I'd really appreciate if someon

:)

Sheketker, Aug 30, 2021

2. File transfer between android devices and Windows 10 laptop

steps for transferring Audio and Video files from Android phone to Laptop Windows 10

GANGAREDDY, Aug 30, 2021
  3. Terry Win User
    Image size huge after transfer from phone to computer

Images taken on an iphone (iPhone 7, up to date) seem to store with normal file size (several MB). When connecting the phone through USB cable to a windows computer, some of the copied files/images have a giant file size. The lowest value is about 600MB, but some images can "grow" to 2 or even 3 GB.
    When replicating the copy action, the same files are stored as it should (with their sizes like on the phone, being about 3-4 MB).

Looking back, it seems this has always been the issue since the phone was purchased (about 1 and a half year ago).

EDiT
    It's a simple file transfer through explorer.
    I've compared a normal images and a corrupted image properties, and nothing out of the ordinary except file size.
    Read only attribute is not checked.
    File size is checked through explorer on the phone (didn't found a way to do so on the phone).

Any suggestions what could cause this behavior?
    Let me know if I can provide extra information.

Terry, Aug 30, 2021
  4. t_ski Win User

$.10 android apps

Not sure if anyone's seen this yet, but they have $.10 (yes, 10 cents) android apps on the Android Market to celebrate 10 BILLION downloads. So far I've picked up Tetris, Need for Speed Shift, SoundHound amd ADWLauncher EX. There were several other games that were listed, including ones too good for my phone *Frown Huge image & video files after copying from android phone to Windows 10 laptop :(

t_ski, Aug 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Huge image & video files after copying from android phone to Windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - Huge image video

2. unable to copy files to android phone with long path

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to copy files to android phone with long path: When transferring file/folder to device whose path is very long, from Windows File explorer android phone MTP device, file transfer stops abruptlyno error popups shown and the files are not transferred.Detailed info:absolute file path - source:...
  3. unable to copy files to android phone with long path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to copy files to android phone with long path: When transferring file/folder to device whose path is very long, from Windows File explorer android phone MTP device, file transfer stops abruptlyno error popups shown and the files are not transferred.Detailed info:absolute file path - source:...
  4. unable to copy files to android phone with long path

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to copy file from Windows Subsystem for Android to PC/Laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to copy file from Windows Subsystem for Android to PC/Laptop?: How to copy file from Windows Subsystem for Android to PC/Laptop? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-copy-file-from-windows-subsystem-for/e107400f-6cbf-42f6-8c12-fd717eb69478
  6. How to copy file from Windows Subsystem for Android to PC/Laptop?

How to copy file from Windows Subsystem for Android to PC/Laptop?: How to copy file from Windows Subsystem for Android to PC/Laptop? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-copy-file-from-windows-subsystem-for/e107400f-6cbf-42f6-8c12-fd717eb69478
  7. Documents have been overwritten when copy from Android phone to laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents have been overwritten when copy from Android phone to laptop: Hello, my documents have been overwritten. Windows told me that it would ask me if the files would have the same names. In fact, he didn't ask. Is there any way to save about 100 overwritten documents?I copied the directory containing the documents from Android to the...
  8. Documents have been overwritten when copy from Android phone to laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents have been overwritten when copy from Android phone to laptop: Hello, my documents have been overwritten. Windows told me that it would ask me if the files would have the same names. In fact, he didn't ask. Is there any way to save about 100 overwritten documents? I copied the directory containing the documents from Android to the...
  9. Copying files to Android Tablet (or phone)

in Windows 10 Support
    Copying files to Android Tablet (or phone): I am trying to copy a folder with several files inside DCIM folder of Android destination device. If I interrupt copy and resume afterwards Windows 10 tells me some files already exist with same name. If I choose not to copy and put a checkmark on "do the same for all...
  10. Windows 10 Photos / Videos importing from Android phone

Windows 10 Photos / Videos importing from Android phone: Help! In 12 hours Windows 10 has only uploaded 370 photos out of 1444, it would usually do this in minutes - whats going on? Please note that I am NOT tech savvy. I had gone through all of the photos before importing, which took ages, so don't really want to stop the process...