Windows 10: Huge issue. Start button, Notification's menu, right clicking taskbar apps, and search is...

Discus and support Huge issue. Start button, Notification's menu, right clicking taskbar apps, and search is... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've already tried basically everything I can find on this issue except for the powershell thing. I can't right click the taskbar icon to open it as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by inuokto, Feb 3, 2019.

1. inuokto Win User

Huge issue. Start button, Notification's menu, right clicking taskbar apps, and search is...

I've already tried basically everything I can find on this issue except for the powershell thing. I can't right click the taskbar icon to open it as admin, as it gives no right click menu. I've tried creating new user accounts and doing a whole arrangement of things in CMD (admin).

It was working before I installed new AMD Radeon drivers, but I don't know if that caused it to not work. Every time I perform one of these broken actions, I get a loading symbol next to my cursor for a few seconds, then nothing. Right click on the taskbar apps doesn't do anything, though for some reason, right clicking on the taskbar (where there are no apps) or right clicking on the Start Menu icon works fine. Windows apps (such as settings) can be launched without issue.

Any Ideas?

Other random info:

Windows 10 Home Single Language, Build 1803

Radeon Software Version 19.1.2
    Radeon Driver Packaging Version 18.50.15.01-190122a-338455E-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin2019
    Graphics Chipset Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics
    CPU: Intel Core i5-8600k @ 4.8ghz

RAM: 8gb 2400mhz DDR4 @ 2800mhz

:)

inuokto, Feb 3, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Start button & right clicking on taskbar icons suddenly does not work

Hi! I'm having this same issue and I haven't found a solution. Still, would you care to try a few other things? They don't work for me, so I'm just curious if they work for you:

• Left-click on the date and time in your task bar. Does this open the calendar?
    • Right-click on the icon in the tray (normally next to date and time) that looks like a square conversation baloon. It should open a menu "Open action center" and "Turn on quiet hours". Click on "Open action center". Does the action center open?
    • On your keyboard press the [WinButton]+I (hopefully you have the windows button). Click "Personalization" on the screen that opens up. On the left menu click "Start", then click "Use Start full screen" once. Select another option on the left menu (no matter which), then go back to "Start". Did the system remember the change you made to "Use Start full screen"? (Toggling this is often offered as a fix to these issues, so if your system remembers the change, restart your computer, then try to use the start menu. You can always switch back to the way you prefer your start menu by repeating the steps here.)
    • Right-click on any empty spot on your taskbar, then open "Search" submenu in the menu that pops up. Click "Show search icon". Does the search icon appear/disappear from your taskbar?
    • Click on the search icon when (and if) it's in the taskbar (see previous point). Does anything happen?

By the way, when you right-click on your start menu button, the menu that opens was always there, you just probably never used it. (I too found out about it only when I started having these troubles.)

ReasonSharp, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Huge issue. Start button, Notification's menu, right clicking taskbar apps, and search is...

Start button & right clicking on taskbar icons suddenly does not work

The first fix in the link that Dalchina posted did the trick for me - FIX - Windows 10 Taskbar Not Functioning - Microsoft Community

rgreenthal, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

Huge issue. Start button, Notification's menu, right clicking taskbar apps, and search is...

1. Huge issue. Start button, Notification's menu, right clicking taskbar apps, and search is... - Similar Threads - Huge issue Start

2. Start button right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button right click: Windows 11 updated. Right click on the 'Start Button' does not respond at all. It is disabled. Left click has no issuesPlease advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-right-click/9f12bb06-5418-4b0c-b663-30178b749a3c
  3. Start button right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start button right click: Windows 11 updated. Right click on the 'Start Button' does not respond at all. It is disabled. Left click has no issuesPlease advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-right-click/9f12bb06-5418-4b0c-b663-30178b749a3c
  4. The Start Button/Search Bar and the Notification Menu are not responding and starting on...

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Start Button/Search Bar and the Notification Menu are not responding and starting on...: Every time I click on these icons, I have had absolutely NO response whatsoever except for the transparent effect when my pointer hovers over it. So, If you could answer this question really quickly, I would very much appreciate it !!...
  5. start button right click menu

start button right click menu: when I right click on the start button, nothing happens, no menu. Also, when I start windows, I get this error: This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows". The two things happened about the same time, not sure if...
  6. Right Click Taskbar Menu

Right Click Taskbar Menu: Not sure if possible but can you add to this menu? 27413
  7. Issues with right clicking start menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues with right clicking start menu.: Prior to upgrading to build 1511 a few days ago I could right click on the start menu and all the icons works. Could run as an administrator with no issue. However for the last few days clicking on any icon from the right click start menu does nothing. Level three at...
  8. Taskbar App right-click menu dark

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar App right-click menu dark: Hi, The right-click menu of for any program for me is dark but the problem is the menu item text is a shade greyer (grayer?*sarc) than black which makes it almost unreadable. This happens only for programs, the right click for start menu is ok. I am attaching a pic for...
  9. Start menu, search, and right clicking taskbar doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu, search, and right clicking taskbar doesn't work: Hi i notice that overtime, my star menu, search bar, and/or right click taskbar doesn't work unless i restart the computer or restart Windows Explorer in task manager. I have a feeling standing by my pc is causing this. Any1 know why this is happening? my computer is...
  10. Start Menu button right click menu fails

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu button right click menu fails: I have just upgraded to Win10 and most items on the "Power User Command Menu" do not work if the menu is accessed by right-clicking the Start Menu button on the Task Bar. The only items that do work are Search, Run, Shut down and Desktop. If the menu is accessed by the other...