Windows 10: Huge keyboard input lag since last update

Discus and support Huge keyboard input lag since last update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, A few weeks ago, Windows installed a major update and since I have big troubles with my keyboards, keys stopping to respond when typing then a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cassin1306, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Huge keyboard input lag since last update

Hello,

A few weeks ago, Windows installed a major update and since I have big troubles with my keyboards, keys stopping to respond when typing then a big chain of 15-20 of the last keystroke appeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaing <- just like that appearing at once

I use two kerboards, a corded Logitech G110, and on the evening on the couch a combo cordless keyboard/mouse Logitech MK250. I have the same problem with both and with the cordless, it also hit the mouse who stop responding too.

I tried to :

- change USB ports, did nothing

- tested my keyboards on my wife's computer, works fine so, not a hardware problem

- tested my wife's keyboard on my computer, works fine too and it's also a Logitech, K310

- deleted the USB drivers on the Device Manager so Windows can re-detect them on reboot, did nothing

- restored Windows via the restoration menu, did nothing

- created a USB-drive boot installation, deleted all the partitions of the hard drive, reinstall from scratch, did nothing really nothing : first thing I did after Windows booted up was to open the notepad to test

And it's now even worse than ever. It took me almost five minutes to type my password to access my NAS, on reboot when typing my PIN code to open Windows the keyboard went crazy and typed almost 50 digits, making the message "you entered the wrong password too many times" appears. Right now I'm struggling to write this as I have to delete huge amount of multiple letters thrice per word, it's an absolute nightmare.

Keys are stoppingggggggggggggggggggggggggg to respond for almost 2 seconds in a row now and splling letters everywhreor even longer <- yup, this is what happen without me checking every two letters I was trying to say "Keys are stopping to respond for almost 2 seconds in a row now and then spilling letters everywhere for even longer". Worse, the backspace is going haywire too, deleting half sentences when I just want to delete a few letters.

So, if anyone as any solution to this, I am glad to hear it !

Thanks in advance ! :

:)

Cassin1306, Sep 30, 2020

2. Keyboard Input Lag

Hello. Ive just recently started having problems with keyboard input lag. Meaning, I will type and it will not register until a full second after I hit the key. I have re-installed java multiple times. Scanned my computer for harmfull virises, programs. Ive switched keyboards, and the problem still occurs. I am at a standstill at what to do and would really appreciate some help. Thank You!

NathanStats, Sep 30, 2020
  3. Seltxer Win User
    Input lag?

• So I had to install the last fall creator's update because of mandatory security updates. Sometimes I launch tf2 and there's major input lag while other times there isn't. I used to have a solution of reverting to a version before the fall creators update
      but I've tried that recently and I needed to reinstall Windows 10. Another solution was to just restart but I don't want to have to restart my laptop every time I want to play video games. I don't know what's causing the input lag, whether it's because of
      the game or the OS or Logitech Gaming Software (which might not be the issue since I had this issue way before I ever got a logitech mouse). I suspect it's the OS and the fall creator's update. I need a permanent solution to stop this input lag. If anyone
      has one, I would really appreciate it.

Seltxer, Sep 30, 2020
  4. DFG
    DFG Win User

Huge keyboard input lag since last update

Keyboard Input Lag During Computer Start

Has anyone had trouble with keyboard input lag when the computer starts? I've tried typing in Chrome and Sticky Notes right after the computer logs in and there is heavy lag between keystroke and the character being displayed. This problem only exists the first 10-20 seconds or so after login and also while i'm alt-tabbed out of GTA V. Afterwards, keyboard input behaves normally. On another computer (not with me at the moment) also running an SSD, I don't remember there being any keyboard input lag in Chrome right after the computer starts.

I've recently done a fresh install of Windows 10 but in my previous Win 8.1 setup, this issue was also present.

Here are my system specs:
    Windows 10
    Asus Sabertooth z77
    i7-3770k
    Samsung 850 Evo
    16gb Vengeance RAM @ 1600 mhz
    GTX 780ti

Thema:

Huge keyboard input lag since last update

1. Huge keyboard input lag since last update - Similar Threads - Huge keyboard input

2. Huge input delay on keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Huge input delay on keyboard: This happens mostly when I'm playing games, but sometimes when I press the keys it would take a few seconds to actually respond and whenever I let go of them, them still continue the action after a couple seconds. I've tried reinstalling the keyboard, which worked once but...
  3. Huge input delay on keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Huge input delay on keyboard: This happens mostly when I'm playing games, but sometimes when I press the keys it would take a few seconds to actually respond and whenever I let go of them, them still continue the action after a couple seconds. I've tried reinstalling the keyboard, which worked once but...
  4. keyboard input lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard input lag: Recently I've noticed that after using my laptop for a while, my keyboard starts lagging, and only a restart can fix it. I've tried updating my keyboard drivers through device manager since it's built in to my laptop, but that didn't help. Laptop is ROG Flow X16 GV601RW,...
  5. keyboard input lag

keyboard input lag: Recently I've noticed that after using my laptop for a while, my keyboard starts lagging, and only a restart can fix it. I've tried updating my keyboard drivers through device manager since it's built in to my laptop, but that didn't help. Laptop is ROG Flow X16 GV601RW,...
  6. Huge Keyboard Input Lag for 30-60 Seconds After Booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Huge Keyboard Input Lag for 30-60 Seconds After Booting: Hello dear Microsoft communityI have a question regarding the following PC problem.When I start up my computer, I have the problem that my keyboard has a really high input lag of about 5 seconds.This subsides after about 30-60 seconds, but is unfortunately very...
  7. Keyboard input lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard input lag: Hello everyone, a week ago my sister gave me her old work laptop that has a QWERTY spanish keyboard. When i factory reseted the laptop, i chose the azerty option because i'm used to it and my external keyboard is a azerty. However i'm facing a big problem as my keyboard input...
  8. Keyboard input lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard input lag: Hello everyone, a week ago my sister gave me her old work laptop that has a QWERTY spanish keyboard. When i factory reseted the laptop, i chose the azerty option because i'm used to it and my external keyboard is a azerty. However i'm facing a big problem as my keyboard input...
  9. Keyboard input lag

10. Input Lag on Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input Lag on Keyboard: When I first got my laptop, it was fine, but then I COVID and online classes plus discord with my friends and my keyboard suddenly lags when I play games. It doesn't matter whether it is bluetooth or not. It renders many games nearly unplayable so any help is appreciated,...