Windows 10: Huge lag after 15 minutes of inactivity.

Discus and support Huge lag after 15 minutes of inactivity. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; If I leave my computer for about 15 minutes it starts lagging a lot. examples: Commands are not responsive; When I drag a window it slows down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by p_gottardi, May 15, 2020.

1. Huge lag after 15 minutes of inactivity.

If I leave my computer for about 15 minutes it starts lagging a lot.

examples:

Commands are not responsive;

When I drag a window it slows down like a smooth slow motion;

Can't play anything game, videos...;

It's hard for me to even write this thread.

I've tried everything:

clean installation;

different gpu drive version;

cleaning ram memory and checking it with memory diagnostic;

antivirus scan;

energy configs;

sfc scannow...

everything LOOKS fine but I can't find the problem, please help.

:)

p_gottardi, May 15, 2020

2. windows 7 64 freezes after 15 minutes of inactivity

Can you suggest a fix for my Toshiba laptop with Windows 7 64? It freezes the screen after 15 minutes of inactivity/

MichaelCala, May 15, 2020
  3. Windows 10 (sometimes) goes to sleep after only 2 minutes of inactivity

Hello Mark,

Your screensaver might be one of the possible reasons why your computer goes to sleep every time the computer is inactive. It is possible that the idle time is set every 2 minutes. Having said that, you can try adjusting the waiting time by following the
    steps below and see if it makes any difference:

• Go to Control Panel, click on Appearance and Personalization.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Click on Screen Saver at the bottom right.
    • Adjust the waiting time and hit Apply.

If the issue persists, we recommend trying the suggestions posted by Aleksandr 10 in this
    thread. Most of the Community users found his suggestions
    helpful.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, May 15, 2020
  4. Jose Est Win User

Huge lag after 15 minutes of inactivity.

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Huge lag after 15 minutes of inactivity.

1. Huge lag after 15 minutes of inactivity. - Similar Threads - Huge lag minutes

2. Peridocial lag while gaming every 15-20 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Peridocial lag while gaming every 15-20 minutes: One random day i updated my graphics drivers AMDAnd when playing game crashed and i got an error saying "AMD software detected that a driver timeout has occurred".After this i changed some thing in the registry and now the error is gone but now the game lags every 15-20...
  3. Peridocial lag while gaming every 15-20 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Peridocial lag while gaming every 15-20 minutes: One random day i updated my graphics drivers AMDAnd when playing game crashed and i got an error saying "AMD software detected that a driver timeout has occurred".After this i changed some thing in the registry and now the error is gone but now the game lags every 15-20...
  4. following a windows update, pc won't sleep after 15 minutes of inactivity, but only if done...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    following a windows update, pc won't sleep after 15 minutes of inactivity, but only if done...: Before allowing the update requested by microsoft, the pc would shut off and go into sleep mode until activated again. Now, it doesn't shut off after 15 minutes as scheduled but just keeps running. The screen shuts off after 10 minutes as scheduled, but the pc just keeps...
  5. Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity: So after the latest update my computer has been locking after 5 minutes of inactivity. I have looked through all the power options and sleep timers and no matter what I do I cannot seem to turn this feature off. This is happening to a friend of mine as well so I'm wondering...
  6. Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity: So after the latest update my computer has been locking after 5 minutes of inactivity. I have looked through all the power options and sleep timers and no matter what I do I cannot seem to turn this feature off. This is happening to a friend of mine as well so I'm wondering...
  7. Games crashing after 15 minutes?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games crashing after 15 minutes?: Hi all, recently built a pc consisting of the following Gigabyte Aorus B450m Board Ryzen 5 3600x Radeon 5700xt 16gb Corsair vengeance rg pro 3200mhz 2x8gb Samsung m.2 500gb 970 pro Thermaltake BX1 750W Bronze power supply Nzxt Kraken AIO cooler Unfortunately after 15...
  8. lock screen appearing after 15 seconds of inactivity

in Windows 10 Customization
    lock screen appearing after 15 seconds of inactivity: So this issue has become increasing frustrating for our end users. After no apparent changes were made random users started reporting that the computer they use would go into screen saver then lock. We have a group policy enabled that keeps the screen saver turned off. We've...
  9. A Huge Lag Problem

A Huge Lag Problem: OK so this is happen this morning, i boot up my windows 10 and then poof, cryptographic service are eating my disk in the day my assigment, i was frustated so i force shutdown my laptop, and i just using my phone to answer all the assigment, then i decided to boot up my...
  10. Random Reboots after a few minutes of inactivity

Random Reboots after a few minutes of inactivity: Firstly - I do not know if this is a BSOD problem so apologies if I've posted incorrectly and please move my post in that case. I'm assuming it might be BSODs because sometimes we get a blue screen with unsmiley face (nothing like the data dumps that I used to see years ago),...