Windows 10: Huge pagefile

Discus and support Huge pagefile in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; In the recent past I had to overcome unexplained OS size fluctuations. Then yesterday I got one of those dreaded popups saying I was low on space. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by kitpzyxmsir, May 8, 2018.

1. Huge pagefile

In the recent past I had to overcome unexplained OS size fluctuations. Then yesterday I got one of those dreaded popups saying I was low on space.

I discovered that I had a 16 gb pagefile. Never seen anything like this.

My OS partition is 40 gb (on a ssd), with 16 gb ram, and if things are right, I have about 20 gb free space.

My only theory is that I had download several 2 gb files yesterday, which took longer than expected. I have windows managing the page file, so maybe that's why the pagefile grew??

I deleted the pagefile, and got the space back, but when I tried to reinstate the windows management, it immediately recreated the 16 gb pagefile.

I would prefer having windows manage the pagefile,and I don't think it would be wise turn turn it of, from what I understand. I just wanna get it back to where it was before.

:)

kitpzyxmsir, May 8, 2018
Thema:

Huge pagefile

1. Huge pagefile - Similar Threads - Huge pagefile

2. "news and interests" now suddenly huge??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "news and interests" now suddenly huge??: what the hell? why is it suddenly so giant? what's going on here? it was not like this for me before, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests-now-suddenly-huge/58e2cfaa-ea87-4568-bda9-104767b1d763
  3. "news and interests" now suddenly huge??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "news and interests" now suddenly huge??: what the hell? why is it suddenly so giant? what's going on here? it was not like this for me before, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests-now-suddenly-huge/58e2cfaa-ea87-4568-bda9-104767b1d763
  4. "news and interests" now suddenly huge??

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Getting Huge Ping Spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Huge Ping Spikes: Hi, as the description says, i have been getting very high ping spikes recently. I have already been looking trough many other posts, with similar issues and tried as many fixes i could find. I also did a Test on this Website and as you can see in the picuture, my ping spikes...
  6. Getting Huge Ping Spikes

Getting Huge Ping Spikes: Hi, as the description says, i have been getting very high ping spikes recently. I have already been looking trough many other posts, with similar issues and tried as many fixes i could find. I also did a Test on this Website and as you can see in the picuture, my ping spikes...
  7. Why is my two hard drives with different numbers but are formatted the same. Huge...

Why is my two hard drives with different numbers but are formatted the same. Huge...: Two Toshiba external hard drives were bought at same time and formatted at same time.Ran CMD.one has mu USER ID and the other does not when I ran this. I just noticed it. One has 181GB free and the other is 423GB free. Settings are the same for hidden files, etc. Absolutely...
  8. Why is my two hard drives with different numbers but are formatted the same. Huge...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is my two hard drives with different numbers but are formatted the same. Huge...: Two Toshiba external hard drives were bought at same time and formatted at same time.Ran CMD.one has mu USER ID and the other does not when I ran this. I just noticed it. One has 181GB free and the other is 423GB free. Settings are the same for hidden files, etc. Absolutely...
  9. Pagefile huge size problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pagefile huge size problem: Hi there, My pagefile seems to be quite large at 11264MB, 11GB~. I am really confused why this has happened, even though I manually set my SSD to off, my secondary HDD to off and manually set my first HDD to on with 400MB to 1912MB the recommended. See picture for...
  10. How to efficiently manage a huge pagefil and hiberfil

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to efficiently manage a huge pagefil and hiberfil: Hello, I'm on an HP Zbook mobile workstation with 1To of harddrive and 64Go of RAM win 10 pro. I just noticed today that my pagefil.sys is 67108864 Ko and my hiberfil.sis is 66985172 Ko. Both make already 127Go which is very big. I would like to know if : 1- I can delete...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 1803 double amount of space used than indicated