Windows 10: Huge paging file and apps crashing

Discus and support Huge paging file and apps crashing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. My windows 10 creates super huge page file It created 15000 mb one on my 250gb SSD samsung evo 970 after i reduced it to 1 gb/3 gb/5 gb most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ca2q, Jun 6, 2020.

1. ca2q Win User

Huge paging file and apps crashing

Hello.

My windows 10 creates super huge page file
    It created 15000 mb one on my 250gb SSD samsung evo 970
    after i reduced it to 1 gb/3 gb/5 gb most of high demanding gamesthis in primarily gaming pc started crashing after 5-10 min
    some of them report insufficient memory/video memory some of them just freeze permanently.
    so i removed manual size, and set up system managed paging file on my 2tb hdd and kept 512 mb on SSD just in case
    games keeps crashing but mostly after 30-40 mins of gametime

I dont see any superhigh memory usage in any games, and total ram usage never goes further 14 out of 16 gb.

Huge paging file and apps crashing 20e6968e-aedf-4752-b185-455597c84d58?upload=true.png

Huge paging file and apps crashing c9eb3e40-c9bb-4556-8b17-d965acef2286?upload=true.png

Can you help me find out why does my PC thinks that it needs 16 gb of paging file while having 16 gb of ram?

:)

ca2q, Jun 6, 2020
  2. psyko12 Win User

Page File

Set minimum and maximum to a constant number as suggested by others, that will help reduce fragmentation on the drive coz of different page file sizing.

psyko12, Jun 6, 2020
  3. HDD paging file help

Some apps crash if you turn off paging file tho` you could set it really low !

francis511, Jun 6, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Huge paging file and apps crashing - Similar Threads - Huge paging file

2. Can't delete huge file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete huge file: I have a game file that is 118gb that I need to delete, however when I try to uninstall it the error "Windows cannot find 'filename'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." comes up. I've tried looking in file explorer for the file but it doesnt show up...
  3. Can't delete huge file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete huge file: I have a game file that is 118gb that I need to delete, however when I try to uninstall it the error "Windows cannot find 'filename'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." comes up. I've tried looking in file explorer for the file but it doesnt show up...
  4. Huge app Runtime Broker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Huge app Runtime Broker: New Dell laptop has just automatically started downloading Runtime Broker - over 1 gb! I stopped it when I saw this as this seems counter to this site's info. What do I do?...
  5. Huge memory leak in non paged pool

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Huge memory leak in non paged pool: Hi, I have a memory leak in my system, specifically in the non paged pool. In one or two days of usage after a restart, it fills up all of the RAM available. Some online searches landed me on this blog:...
  6. my apps are now huge

in Windows 10 Customization
    my apps are now huge: so I got mad at a game and button mashed now all my apps are huge going to display seting dose not help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-apps-are-now-huge/522e3c59-71e7-434c-9351-5b26035b9f49
  7. OneNote app crashing, consuming huge amounts of RAM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneNote app crashing, consuming huge amounts of RAM: submitted by /u/ima_gay_nerd [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gcitoc/onenote_app_crashing_consuming_huge_amounts_of_ram/
  8. Huge Windows Temp File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Huge Windows Temp File: I have a new computer with Windows 10 on a 250 GB SSD. Even after a Disk Clean-up, I notice that the Windows Temp folder still contains a number of files that start with "skwsrefmfx 2019 ..." Several are 0 KB but one is 92 GB!!! Is it OK to delete these files and why is...
  9. Saving crash logs without a page file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Saving crash logs without a page file: I am working on a system that has page file disabled for security reasons. I absolutely cannot post any details from the machine, again, for security reasons, so I have to find the cause of the crashes myself. What I need to know is if there is a way to save crash logs or...
  10. System & Reserved files huge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System & Reserved files huge: Hi All. I cloned my hard drive to a new Samsung 500 GB Hard drive. The problem I see is that the disk is nearly full due to the System & Reserved files being 318GB (see snapshots below). According to WinDirStat, only 145GB is being used. Looking at Storage, the System...