Windows 10: Huge RAM Usage, yet Task Manager shows only a few Programs.

Discus and support Huge RAM Usage, yet Task Manager shows only a few Programs. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; (Non-native Speaker warning!) I have 32gb of RAM installed, but a game i started crashed and said something along the lines of "not enaugh heap ram... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SgtPepperboi, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Huge RAM Usage, yet Task Manager shows only a few Programs.

(Non-native Speaker warning!)

I have 32gb of RAM installed, but a game i started crashed and said something along the lines of "not enaugh heap ram space". So i started Task Manager and looked under ram usage. It said 65%, but when i added up the first twenty biggest ram users, it was about 4 gigs. So i checked the performance tab in the task manager where it said that 20 gig of my ram were used. I had 3 Programms open: 5 tabs of google chrome, 10 in firefox and twitch (no active stream).

I downloaded RAMMAP and it showed me 5 gig in javaw.exe, and 2 in memcompression.

I also started the ressource monitor and it also showed me 20 gig used, but the first 20 summed up were not even 3 gig.

Why does Windows not show me where my RAM is? Im not used to windows, but i think its stupid when more than 60% of my ram is used up in idle. Also the windows defender uses about 20% of my cpu in idle. Im sitting here asking myself why Windows alone uses nearly 50% of RAM and CPU. And its not like i have a shit CPU, i have an Intel i7-9700K. Why is my computer so "clogged"???

submitted by /u/SgtPepperboi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SgtPepperboi, Jul 11, 2020
  2. knute97 Win User

Task Manager RAM Usage

My computer is running 64 bit Windows 10 with 6 GB of RAM.

I have been monitoring my memory usage via Task Manager and occasionally download tasklist via the cmd line.

What has been bothering me is that my RAM usage at reboot starts at 34%, and left alone, increases to ~75-80% without running any programs.
    (I do have start up programs including McAfee, Dropbox, Seagate console, gadgets, etc.)

When I analyze the tasklist download file via Excel, the total RAM memory usage is approximately 3.1 GB at 79%.
    Doing the math, this means there is only 4 GB in use?

I have 2 questions:

1. Does Task Manager list all the RAM usage or is there some background usage that is not shown.?

2. Is there any other way to monitor RAM leakage?

knute97, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Task manager shows only 50% of RAM usage

I've 8GB RAM, but the task mangers shows me processes % of 4GB only.

i.e. Google Chrome uses 457MB and the task manger show that is 11.3% of RAM and that means 100% is about 4GB??

task manager usage

I'm using windows 10 and these are
    some of my specs info

I checked the Resource Monitor and it shows me that there are 3221 MB cached? Is that normal? and how to fix it?
    Resource Monitor & RamMap

Mahmoud Ahmed, Jul 11, 2020
  4. mdhillyer Win User

Huge RAM Usage, yet Task Manager shows only a few Programs.

Task manager not showing complete memory usage?

Hi, I have 4GB of DDR3 ram on my laptop. When I go into the task manager to check how much ram is being used, it says only 795MB and yet it also says that 94% is being used.

This is always the case, of course with varying numbers. The memory usage shown does not coordinate with the percentage, but the computer performance certainly correlates with the percentage.

When I check in cpu-z, it does confirm that the 4GB are all installed. What is going on here?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Updated with pics:

Huge RAM Usage, yet Task Manager shows only a few Programs. [​IMG]

Update #2:
    Ah, I missed the performance tab which does indeed show all of the correct total amount of ram being used. Now how do I find all of the individual processes and services using those resources?

mdhillyer, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Huge RAM Usage, yet Task Manager shows only a few Programs.

1. Huge RAM Usage, yet Task Manager shows only a few Programs. - Similar Threads - Huge RAM Usage

2. In the Task Manager, the RAM percentage usage doesn't match the RAM value usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In the Task Manager, the RAM percentage usage doesn't match the RAM value usage: I'm using a brand new Dell G15 5520 with 16 GB of RAM and the overall uasage seems a bit high, plus the RAM percentage usage doesn't match the RAM value usage. The RAM percentages seems to be relative to 8GB of RAM, when in fact I have 16 I checked it at Settings -> System...
  3. In the Task Manager, the RAM percentage usage doesn't match the RAM value usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In the Task Manager, the RAM percentage usage doesn't match the RAM value usage: I'm using a brand new Dell G15 5520 with 16 GB of RAM and the overall uasage seems a bit high, plus the RAM percentage usage doesn't match the RAM value usage. The RAM percentages seems to be relative to 8GB of RAM, when in fact I have 16 I checked it at Settings -> System...
  4. In the Task Manager, the RAM percentage usage doesn't match the RAM value usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 8Gb Ram yet BIOS only shows 4Gb of RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    8Gb Ram yet BIOS only shows 4Gb of RAM: Okay so, Yesterday I cleaned my RAM sticks with a cloth 2x 4GB and placed them back in the slots. I then, went to BIOS and it shows that both of my slots are in use I only have 2 slots but when I checked the memory on BIOS, it only shows 4GB which should be 8Gb and as...
  6. Task Manager Not Showing RAM Speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Task Manager Not Showing RAM Speed: CPU: i9-9900k MB: EVGA Z390 DARK BIOS: 1.08 Windows build: 19042.630 [ATTACH] Tried updating BIOS, updating Windows, installing drivers, and this problem followed me for a half year from 1903 to 1904 build. Seeking for solution....
  7. Task Manager percent RAM usage doesn't correspond with value RAM usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager percent RAM usage doesn't correspond with value RAM usage: Hi I've been having some problems with task manager showing a very high RAM usage even when there isn't any app running. https://imgur.com/a/9cnqJHy You can clearly see that 491MBs of RAM used by firefox shouldn't be 25.2% out of 8GB of RAM. My computer has also been a...
  8. Task Manager shows a huge amount of memory usage, though the Users tab only shows a...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager shows a huge amount of memory usage, though the Users tab only shows a...: Hello there, I've noticed that there is an extremely high amount of memory that my system is using, as seen in Task manager, but the Users tab only shows me using a fraction of that amount. This has been a consistent observation I've seen over the past few months, and I've...
  9. RAM Usage: Task Manager vs tasklist

RAM Usage: Task Manager vs tasklist: Task Manager shows that I'm using 17.5 GB of RAM, but if I run the following from a command prompt: > tasklist /FO csv load the CSV file into excel, then total the Mem Usage column, it only adds up to 8.25 GB. What is using the extra 8.75 GB and why isn't this broken out...
  10. task manager not showing ram specs

task manager not showing ram specs: hey guys i'm having an issue where the ram specifications do not show in the task manager on the memory menu do you have any fixes? submitted by /u/MattO411 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/duvngn/task_manager_not_showing_ram_specs/