Windows 10: huge size flie in system disk ,can this file delete?

Discus and support huge size flie in system disk ,can this file delete? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My computer's system disk suddenly has no free space I use the software to find a file in Disk C takes up 25.1g of space, it is ssllibrary.ddl. Its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wangwei520, Jul 2, 2021.

1. huge size flie in system disk ,can this file delete?

My computer's system disk suddenly has no free space I use the software to find a file in Disk C takes up 25.1g of space, it is ssllibrary.ddl. Its path is C:\ProgramData\Synaptics Can this file be deleted? How to delete? Is it a virus? windows ver:20H2

:)

wangwei520, Jul 2, 2021
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Jul 2, 2021
  3. NinjaNife Win User
    BAT File That Deletes Files Below Specific Size

I am wondering how to make a bat file that can delete all files below a certain size (in this case 10kb). I have a folder on my server that has game screenshots in it (taken by Punkbuster) and need to sort out the good shots from the bad, and figure this is easier than manually deleting thousands of files.. The "bad" shots (blanks with failed renders) range in size from 4kb-8kb, so the bat file can delete anything lower than 10kb with no issues. Is this possible, and if so how do I make one? Thanks for your help.

*EDIT*
    I have found a bat file that can delete specific types/sizes, but it only allows you to delete file sizes of 0kb (empty text documents and such), and replacing the "0" with "10" or any other number hasn't worked for me so far.

NinjaNife, Jul 2, 2021
  4. Kreij Win User

huge size flie in system disk ,can this file delete?

BAT File That Deletes Files Below Specific Size

@travva : Doesn't your script delete all files in a directory that are over 1MB in size?

Shouldnt that line be .... for %%j in (*) do if %%~zj lss 10000 del %%j ... to delete files smaller than 10k ?

Kreij, Jul 2, 2021
Thema:

huge size flie in system disk ,can this file delete?

1. huge size flie in system disk ,can this file delete? - Similar Threads - huge size flie

2. huge size of c: without no reason bec system files in system reserved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    huge size of c: without no reason bec system files in system reserved: I found my c: drive get big without no reason after copy or install any thing ,when i check storage in setting after press show more categories i found that hidden system and reserved take 23-50g of the c: storagesolve : its problem in NTFS compression that take this space...
  3. Can't delete huge file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete huge file: I have a game file that is 118gb that I need to delete, however when I try to uninstall it the error "Windows cannot find 'filename'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." comes up. I've tried looking in file explorer for the file but it doesnt show up...
  4. Can't delete huge file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete huge file: I have a game file that is 118gb that I need to delete, however when I try to uninstall it the error "Windows cannot find 'filename'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." comes up. I've tried looking in file explorer for the file but it doesnt show up...
  5. photo file sizes are huge and not opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    photo file sizes are huge and not opening: [ATTACH] photos copied from phone and size of one photo is now 20 gb.. cant open it looks like this blue arrows is ntfs compress i did decompress but still cant acces my media files any help? submitted by /u/sheldorion [link] [comments]...
  6. huge font size

in Windows 10 Customization
    huge font size: The font size on my computer is all of a sudden huge. I need help to get it back to normal. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/huge-font-size/5e454194-9d60-46fd-9989-0922217bb5ff
  7. Huge "cache" file, is it safe to delete?

Huge "cache" file, is it safe to delete?: I ran a CCleaner scan this morning and there is a 30 gig file that I sure am not using. Heres a snip of it: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/huge-cache-file-is-it-safe-to-delete/13bde00b-43ed-44cb-972e-80ff3e1eb449
  8. Cannot delete 2 huge files.

Cannot delete 2 huge files.: My storage on SSD had suddenly reduced o I tried disk clean up and checked every option but it did not work. I came across an application named TreeSize and it shows that 2 files. one is 8gb and the other has 3.2gb. pagefile.sys and hiberfil are the names of the files. plus,...
  9. My files size is huge

My files size is huge: Hello, i backed up my phone to my pc (photos and videos). The size of the backup is 30GB, but the size on disk is.... 50TB (???). It's important to let you know that my hard drive has only 250gb, so i really don't understand what's going on. I already updated windows,...
  10. System & Reserved files huge

System & Reserved files huge: Hi All. I cloned my hard drive to a new Samsung 500 GB Hard drive. The problem I see is that the disk is nearly full due to the System & Reserved files being 318GB (see snapshots below). According to WinDirStat, only 145GB is being used. Looking at Storage, the System...