Windows 10: Huge stuttering and framedrops. In desperate need of help

Discus and support Huge stuttering and framedrops. In desperate need of help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hei, for the past few months i have been getting alot of micro stuttering and huge frame drops. Most noticable when playing fortnite, but also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sv1i, Dec 11, 2020.

1. /u/Sv1i Win User

Huge stuttering and framedrops. In desperate need of help

Hei, for the past few months i have been getting alot of micro stuttering and huge frame drops. Most noticable when playing fortnite, but also noticable when playing games such as CS:GO aswell. When in the pre game lobby i can get as much as 700 fps. But as soon as i get ingame those frames drop drasticly, but i am still able to get above 240 fps when standing still. But as soon as i start doing anything my frames will fluctuate alot, and drop all the way down to almost 0 at times.

Noticable when opening files etc, you see a little barely noticable stutter. So i am inclined to think it is my cpu acting up.

Specs :

Rog Strix z390-f Gaming

I9-9900kRtx 2080ti

Kingston 2666 mhz 2x16

NVMe Samsung mzvlb512 scsi disk device

Ive done a full reinstall with complete wipe of my files and everything. I have tried updating drivers etc to no avail. Currently running my bios with default settings (Wich overclock my cpu to 5ghz) but ive also run it without the overclocking on.

You can see from the short video that i get huge fps drops when im just doing a simple turn. But my gpu and cpu are never much above 50% utilization.

In desperate need of help as i feel like i have tried everything. Let me know if more info is needed.

https://reddit.com/link/kb24wo/video/t5pxnzgz0k461/player

submitted by /u/Sv1i
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sv1i, Dec 11, 2020

2. Windows 10 Stutter problem

So for the past 2 months i have been dealing with a stutter issue on windows 10. I built my pc back in early december and at first everything was fine. Then the stuttering started. It can happen on anything from google chrome to firefox and itunes or games
    such as league of legends, runescape, rainbow 6, h1z1, and even chess. The stutter occurs for a split second every 3-5 seconds and in that split second the audio and video will stutter. Ive spent hours looking up solutions and have yet to find one that works.
    Ive tried all of the fixes suggested on this site and none have worked. At this point im desperate for a fix because the stutter has not been fixed. Please help me.

Christian from cali, Dec 11, 2020
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Dec 11, 2020
  4. Huge stuttering and framedrops. In desperate need of help

FPS drops below 10 every couple of minutes

Very interesting. Our default suggestion list for fighting stutter becomes more interesting.

Ferrum Master, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

Huge stuttering and framedrops. In desperate need of help

1. Huge stuttering and framedrops. In desperate need of help - Similar Threads - Huge stuttering framedrops

2. Desperately In need of help with this matter.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desperately In need of help with this matter.: Hello. My PC has been having a serious issue I've spend the past 2 months searching for solution and couldn't find any solution for this matter at all. My PC severly lags and intterupts my audio making it popping and crackling with mouse lag to the point my whole system...
  3. Desperate need for tech help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desperate need for tech help: Hi thank you I have used msword for awhile now, and recently renewed my subscription $99. However, my yahoo acct that I use to sign in for my windows, word, ms acct has been hacked. Not only that, but they changed the recovery email, and phone. i dont think they got into any...
  4. Desperate need for tech help

Desperate need for tech help: Hi thank you I have used msword for awhile now, and recently renewed my subscription $99. However, my yahoo acct that I use to sign in for my windows, word, ms acct has been hacked. Not only that, but they changed the recovery email, and phone. i dont think they got into any...
  5. Desperate need for tech help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. I need desperate help!

I need desperate help!: For about a month now, I've been having this insane, annoying and frustrating issue of my keyboard randomly cutting out until either i restart my computer or wait about ten minutes, the keyboard goes out like every 10 mins or so. I'm so drained and i have lost so much time...
  7. I need desperate help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I need desperate help!: For about a month now, I've been having this insane, annoying and frustrating issue of my keyboard randomly cutting out until either i restart my computer or wait about ten minutes, the keyboard goes out like every 10 mins or so. I'm so drained and i have lost so much time...
  8. I've made a huge mistake with the folder WindowsApps and need help desperately!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I've made a huge mistake with the folder WindowsApps and need help desperately!: Okay so this all started when I wanted to 2 put of 1 app I the start menu like at the top my most used apps and then under other stuff like social media and games so i was gonna need 2 of 1 app in the start menu I figured out a way to do that, I had to copy paste the .exe...
  9. Desperately need help

Desperately need help: So I was updating some apps here and there on my desktop and when I went to reboot I got this error message thay said "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key". Now, I've been trying to access the bios but since I had...
  10. I need desperate help

I need desperate help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MrrrrrB [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f7bnwv/i_need_desperate_help/