Windows 10: Huge tabs in internet explorer, edge and chrome have normal sized tabs

Discus and support Huge tabs in internet explorer, edge and chrome have normal sized tabs in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi guys! We're having an issue with a laptop computer connected to an external screen where the tabs in internet explorer are huge compared to the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by chrisCAD, Oct 3, 2016.

1. chrisCAD Win User

Huge tabs in internet explorer, edge and chrome have normal sized tabs

Hi guys!

We're having an issue with a laptop computer connected to an external screen where the tabs in internet explorer are huge compared to the other browsers. When not connected to an external screen there is no problem with huge tabs. Please see attached screenshot, all help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Chris

Huge tabs in internet explorer, edge and chrome have normal sized tabs [​IMG]

Huge tabs in internet explorer, edge and chrome have normal sized tabs [​IMG]

:)

chrisCAD, Oct 3, 2016

2. Restart doesn't get rid of open tabs in browsing

No, these did not work. I can have tabs open simultaneously
    in Edge, Chrome, and Internet Explorer. Shutting down or restarting will close the tabs in Internet Explorer and Chrome but not open tabs in Edge. The same thing happens on both my laptop and my PC. The power button says close all apps and shut down but
    this does not happen with Edge. I would like to have shut down and/or restart available to close all open apps.

CHARLESBROZINA, Oct 3, 2016
  3. Restart doesn't get rid of open tabs in browsing

• No, these did not work. I can have tabs open simultaneously
      in Edge, Chrome, and Internet Explorer. Shutting down or restarting will close the tabs in Internet Explorer and Chrome but not open tabs in Edge. The same thing happens on both my laptop and my PC. The power button says close all apps and shut down but
      this does not happen with Edge. I would like to have shut down and/or restart available to close all open apps.

CHARLESBROZINA, Oct 3, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

Your screen resolution on the external monitor needs to increase in number to reduce the size of the icons and tabs.

spunk, Oct 3, 2016
  5. chrisCAD Win User
    External screen is set to max resolution.

chrisCAD, Oct 3, 2016
  6. spunk Win User
    What is the max resolution? Have you updated your Video Driver for your Video card?

spunk, Oct 3, 2016
  7. chrisCAD Win User
    1920x1080
    Updated video driver.

Now it is fixed after a windows update, after the update we were able to increase the resolution.

Thanks a lot for you'r answers spunk, have a nice day! Huge tabs in internet explorer, edge and chrome have normal sized tabs :)

chrisCAD, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Huge tabs in internet explorer, edge and chrome have normal sized tabs - Similar Threads - Huge tabs internet

2. alt + tab not showing edge tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    alt + tab not showing edge tabs: alt + tab not showing edge tabs but in my settings it is selected. how can I solve this problem?changes in regedit did not solve the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-tab-not-showing-edge-tabs/38263121-8782-4afb-b2c1-c8af929ac6da
  3. Chrome's Broken New Tab Page on Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome's Broken New Tab Page on Edge: [ATTACH] This is so weird. You can even you Google Voice Search and the design scheme is Google's. I guess this is Microsoft and this is to be expected. Chrome's Broken New Tab Page Edge New Tab Page submitted by /u/m_beps [link] [comments]...
  4. Chrome Tab & Menu Font Size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chrome Tab & Menu Font Size: The latest automatic update changed my Chrome tab & menu font size to a size so small that it can't be read. I've tried adjusting menu settings, and even reset Chrome, but no luck. Advice?...
  5. Chrome & Edge Tab Crashing (Memory Issues)

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome & Edge Tab Crashing (Memory Issues): I am regular user of Chrome although I also use Edge too For months, I was seeing Chrome tabs crash, and I did not even have as much as a half dozen open. Edge tabs would also crash when I occasionally used that browser. I thought it was related to a dying HDD, so I...
  6. Chrome & Edge Tab Crashing Memory Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chrome & Edge Tab Crashing Memory Issues: [this post made in another forum but went completely without response] I am regular user of Chrome although I also use Edge too For months, I was seeing Chrome tabs crash, and I did not even have as much as a half dozen open. Edge tabs would also crash when I occasionally...
  7. Chrome & Edge Tab Crashing (Memory Issues)

in Windows 10 Support
    Chrome & Edge Tab Crashing (Memory Issues): I am regular user of Chrome although I also use Edge too For months, I was seeing Chrome tabs crash, and I did not even have as much as a half dozen open. Edge tabs would also crash when I occasionally used that browser. I thought it was related to a dying HDD, so I...
  8. Chrome webpage has become huge just on one tab

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome webpage has become huge just on one tab: I was on a website on one of my tabs and must have hit some keyboard shortcut by accident that greatly magnified the page. Any idea of how I can restore this back to normal? 109326
  9. How to Increase Chrome Tab Font & Icon Size?

in Browsers and Email
    How to Increase Chrome Tab Font & Icon Size?: The text font in the Chrome tabs along the top of the screen is too hard to read - as is the address bar and icons. I've set my graphics dpi to a setting which is fine for all other apps and don't want to change it. The Chrome default text size has no effect, Google has not...
  10. new tabs in Google Chrome ,Firefox or Internet Explorer freezes PC

in Browsers and Email
    new tabs in Google Chrome ,Firefox or Internet Explorer freezes PC: Does anybody have a solution to this problem. When I open a couple of new tabs in Google Chrome ,Firefox or Internet Explorer it freezes my computer completely. It started with the latest Windows 10 update. 1. In Event Viewer - System I have this two errors constantly...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internet explorer tabs are huge

2. huge tabs internet explorer

3. Internet explorer Font is normal but tabs are huge

4. edge enormous tabs,
  5. huge tabs in explorer