Windows 10: Huge Temp Directory - Nuance

Discus and support Huge Temp Directory - Nuance in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I installed win 10 a couple of weeks ago. ever since I've had this directory: C:\Windows\Temp\Nuance\OmniPageCSDK16 growing until it takes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dentalfloss, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Huge Temp Directory - Nuance

Hi,

I installed win 10 a couple of weeks ago. ever since I've had this directory:

C:\Windows\Temp\Nuance\OmniPageCSDK16 growing until it takes up all the empty room on my c:\ (it grows from 0 to 40 something gigs in a few days).

If i delete the directory, it just comes back.

What's creating this, and how do I disable it? I can't find much on google.

:)

dentalfloss, Aug 11, 2016
  2. delliano Win User

Remove sppextcomobjhook.dll which I received from Microsoft App.

If you have a problem with creating a file in the TEMP directory

rename the directory c:\Windows\temp on the c:\Windows\temp1

create a file SppExtComObjHook.dll

rename the directory c:\Windows\temp1 on the c:\windows\temp

delliano, Aug 11, 2016
  3. Vista Device Centre - slow sync

F1100 wrote:

I also noticed that the sync did complete but took about an hour.

Just wondering what is being sync-ed, e.g. 100s of contacts and huge (MBs) files? If that is the case, the sync time is probably normal. If not, please navigate to the \windows\temp directory on PPC. See if there are alot of blank files there. If so, these
    can be deleted and speed up the sync.

Resourceful, Aug 11, 2016
  4. Huge Temp Directory - Nuance

Do you have any Nuance or Paperport products installed?

This will take a while ...

Uninstall any Nuance products

Download and run the following

That's enough for now - the logs will show if more on-demand scans are required

Slartybart, Aug 11, 2016
Thema:

Huge Temp Directory - Nuance

1. Huge Temp Directory - Nuance - Similar Threads - Huge Temp Directory

2. Windows 10 and Nuance PaperPort

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 and Nuance PaperPort: With only new version of Windows 10 and no other earlier versions of Windows on my new desktop computer, PaperPort 14.5 is absolutely incompatible. Very frustrating since I have used PaperPort for many years with all versions of Windows on computer that crashed. Nuance...
  3. Huge pagefile

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Huge pagefile: In the recent past I had to overcome unexplained OS size fluctuations. Then yesterday I got one of those dreaded popups saying I was low on space. I discovered that I had a 16 gb pagefile. Never seen anything like this. My OS partition is 40 gb (on a ssd), with 16 gb ram,...
  4. Virus Found in the Unistore Temp Directory by F-Secure

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus Found in the Unistore Temp Directory by F-Secure: All, I am running a Windows 10 Operating System and I use F-Secure as my Anti-Virus. I'm constantly getting popup alerts of virus removal. The location is C:\Users\Myuser\AppData\Local\Comms\Unistore\Data\Temp I will also say, I am no where near an Admin Account...
  5. NAPS2 - Free Alternative to Nuance PaperPort 14

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NAPS2 - Free Alternative to Nuance PaperPort 14: I've bought and paid for PaperPort 14 twice; both times to be told that I've reinstalled it too many times and I can no longer activate it! Enough, already, Nuance! Somewhere along the line, in the last week or so, I got a notification about NAPS2, so I downloaded the file...
  6. Temp folder %temp %

Temp folder %temp %: Hello I recently installed 2 updates from NVIDEA. I have run disc clean up and Ccleaner>Windows but this attachment says it all. I could use 'Unlocker' but do not want to do damage if the file should not be removed. Do you have any suggestions? TY Peter 43679
  7. temps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    temps: For some reason all the sudden my temps keep spiking even though I just applied new thermal paste. I havent done any overlclocking. Temps have been spiking up to 86c and my cpu fan is working fine. It was fine yesterday so i dont know what could have happened. 24889
  8. unable to create the directory "C:\users\tom\appdata\local\temp\*.tmp

unable to create the directory "C:\users\tom\appdata\local\temp\*.tmp: trying to install visual studio code and this message pops up immediately. "Setup was unable to create the directory "C:\users\tom\appdata\local\temp\*.tmp" error 5 access is denied I tried taking ownership at appdata point but still no go. Is there some permission or...
  9. Temp Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Temp Files: I don't have a folder named C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCach\IE When I run Disk Cleanup or CCleaner,It says there are temporary internet files there. Why don't I see this folder? [img] [img] 85601
  10. Issues After Moving Windows TEMP & TMP Directories

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Issues After Moving Windows TEMP & TMP Directories: To save space on my OS drive, I moved both the user account & system TEMP / TMP folder locations to a larger drive. I rebooted & tested the effects for a few days. Windows itself has not given me any noticeable issues. But I have noticed at least two programs that do not like...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows temp nuance

2. nuance temp files

3. nuance omnipagecsdk16 windows temp file

4. windows\temp\nuance huge