Windows 10: Huge Temp Directory - Nuance

Discus and support Huge Temp Directory - Nuance in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I installed win 10 a couple of weeks ago. ever since I've had this directory: C:\Windows\Temp\Nuance\OmniPageCSDK16 growing until it takes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dentalfloss, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Huge Temp Directory - Nuance

Hi,

I installed win 10 a couple of weeks ago. ever since I've had this directory:

C:\Windows\Temp\Nuance\OmniPageCSDK16 growing until it takes up all the empty room on my c:\ (it grows from 0 to 40 something gigs in a few days).

If i delete the directory, it just comes back.

What's creating this, and how do I disable it? I can't find much on google.

:)

dentalfloss, Aug 11, 2016
  2. delliano Win User

Remove sppextcomobjhook.dll which I received from Microsoft App.

If you have a problem with creating a file in the TEMP directory

rename the directory c:\Windows\temp on the c:\Windows\temp1

create a file SppExtComObjHook.dll

rename the directory c:\Windows\temp1 on the c:\windows\temp

delliano, Aug 11, 2016
  3. Vista Device Centre - slow sync

F1100 wrote:

I also noticed that the sync did complete but took about an hour.

Just wondering what is being sync-ed, e.g. 100s of contacts and huge (MBs) files? If that is the case, the sync time is probably normal. If not, please navigate to the \windows\temp directory on PPC. See if there are alot of blank files there. If so, these
    can be deleted and speed up the sync.

Resourceful, Aug 11, 2016
  4. Huge Temp Directory - Nuance

Do you have any Nuance or Paperport products installed?

This will take a while ...

Uninstall any Nuance products

Download and run the following

That's enough for now - the logs will show if more on-demand scans are required

Slartybart, Aug 11, 2016
Thema:

Huge Temp Directory - Nuance

1. Huge Temp Directory - Nuance - Similar Threads - Huge Temp Directory

2. Local Temp folder filling up with huge mservice.txt files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Temp folder filling up with huge mservice.txt files: Hello,I'm using Windows 11. My Local temp folder for my user C:\Users\profile\AppData\Local\Temp is filling up with these huge text files 35-45 GB each that are a date format followed by mservice.txt. There is one for each day for about the past week, for example the one for...
  3. Local Temp folder filling up with huge mservice.txt files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Temp folder filling up with huge mservice.txt files: Hello,I'm using Windows 11. My Local temp folder for my user C:\Users\profile\AppData\Local\Temp is filling up with these huge text files 35-45 GB each that are a date format followed by mservice.txt. There is one for each day for about the past week, for example the one for...
  4. Nuance dictaphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nuance dictaphone: Am I able to use my Nuance PowerMic™ II without buying the Dragon software? I purchased a refurbished device and when I initially plugged it into my desktop USB port last week, it worked with any standard text box. Now today I continue to get the following message in the...
  5. Nuance dictaphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nuance dictaphone: Am I able to use my Nuance PowerMic™ II without buying the Dragon software? I purchased a refurbished device and when I initially plugged it into my desktop USB port last week, it worked with any standard text box. Now today I continue to get the following message in the...
  6. Nuance dictaphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. nuance picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    nuance picture: Hi, I like the different pictures that come up when I turn on my computer. You know the ones that tell where they are and ask if you like or dislike it? Well my computer doesn't do that anymore. I am very disappointed. I enjoyed being a part of something part of creativity....
  8. Temp directory switches to read only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Temp directory switches to read only: Hey all So I've had this problem on and off for the last three months; every so often, my temp directory will switch to Read Only and I'm unable to change the attributes of the files inside it. I have admin permissions on the laptop as the sole user, but when I try to make...
  9. Huge Windows Temp File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Huge Windows Temp File: I have a new computer with Windows 10 on a 250 GB SSD. Even after a Disk Clean-up, I notice that the Windows Temp folder still contains a number of files that start with "skwsrefmfx 2019 ..." Several are 0 KB but one is 92 GB!!! Is it OK to delete these files and why is...
  10. Virus Found in the Unistore Temp Directory by F-Secure

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus Found in the Unistore Temp Directory by F-Secure: All, I am running a Windows 10 Operating System and I use F-Secure as my Anti-Virus. I'm constantly getting popup alerts of virus removal. The location is C:\Users\Myuser\AppData\Local\Comms\Unistore\Data\Temp I will also say, I am no where near an Admin Account...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows temp nuance

2. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

3. omnipagecsdk16

4. windows 10 temp nuance,
  5. nuance pc folder temp files,
  6. nuance huge temp file,
  7. nuance temp files,
  8. nuance omnipagecsdk16 windows temp file,
  9. windows\temp\nuance huge