Windows 10: Huge uploads by Windows "system" process(es)

Discus and support Huge uploads by Windows "system" process(es) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Having recently moved into a rural area, I'm now confronted with the realities of a metered internet connection thru <shudder> HughesNet. I've been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Joe Bosco, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Joe Bosco Win User

Huge uploads by Windows "system" process(es)

Having recently moved into a rural area, I'm now confronted with the realities of a metered internet connection thru <shudder> HughesNet. I've been dumping 2+GB per day for two months without generating a download or upload and of course Windows provides very little by way of helping the user determine just what in the hell is using what. So I've gone through all the posting that recommended that I turn this off, turn that off, etc. I've even gone into the task scheduler and deleted jobs that I felt might be hastening my data saturation. I thought I had a good handle on it, but recent events have thrown me another curve ball.

Today, I was away from home for about 3 hours and when I returned, I discovered that between 10am and noon, the "system" process had uploaded 37.2 GB of data to?....somewhere. I checked all the event logs and couldn't find anything that shed any light on what caused it or even **** it's sending and to where. All of which doesn't exactly make a conscientious guy who likes to think he understand computers very comfortable.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why, in the name of everything that's holy, Windows needs to saturate my pipeline with a huge amount of unrequested data when the computer is sitting idle? As you can assume, this is wreaking havoc on my limited data plan (and don't get me started on how ^%@&*!% the HughesNet service is in general, let alone when you're having difficult problems about which they seem to be utterly clueless.

If nothing else, I'd be happy to get any feedback on potential cleaning/diag tools that might help me figure out just what program is generating this data dump. I'd be lying if I didn't say that I've even wondered whether its a virus or something, but I have Norton Internet Security and Malwarebytes and neither of them come up with anything.

Has anyone else experienced this fiasco of a phenomenon?

:)

Joe Bosco, Feb 22, 2019
  2. Thelps Win User

TCPView shows multiple [System Process] network connections...

The list has a huge variation of IPs. I haven't noted any pattern in what IPs appear.

Could you suggest how I could identify this process or set of processes referred to as [System Process]?

Thelps, Feb 22, 2019
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Feb 22, 2019
  4. hellrazor Win User

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Huge uploads by Windows "system" process(es) - Similar Threads - Huge uploads system

2. huge problem concerning the system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    huge problem concerning the system restore: Helloyesterday I tried to restore my laptop but it went on stand by during it so when I restarted it, it just doesnt start goes to a blue screen , restart and goes to the troubleshoot screen, tried to reinitialize it using an usb drive with windows 11 on it but its like if...
  3. huge problem concerning the system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    huge problem concerning the system restore: Helloyesterday I tried to restore my laptop but it went on stand by during it so when I restarted it, it just doesnt start goes to a blue screen , restart and goes to the troubleshoot screen, tried to reinitialize it using an usb drive with windows 11 on it but its like if...
  4. The es

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The es: Oeoeoeeooeowowoe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-es/fb2c14c2-a455-4fee-acc9-840a4ca74308
  5. System files are huge. Windows reinstall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System files are huge. Windows reinstall: Hey guys I just bought a prebuilt off Newegg a few weeks ago and from the start the system files were already about 200 GB. Now its grown to 300 and I'm running out of space. Since system files holds Windows 10, would it make sense to CLEAN reinstall windows with a media...
  6. Huge bugs on my system

in Windows 10 Customization
    Huge bugs on my system: A few days ago, my computer bugged out. The Game Pass PC app won't show my installed games, and my entire system tray is gone. Not the icons, they're all on my taskbar. The tray itself is gone, shown in this image: [ATTACH] I don't know what's going on. I'm reinstalling the...
  7. "System" process problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    "System" process problem: [ATTACH]When i stop using my pc for a while, this process always starts running after 4 or 5 minutes with no using my pc causing my cpu temp to rise to 80oC and my fans to spin to 100%. If i even move my mouse or hit a button it stops running 1% or 2%, cpu temp falls and fans...
  8. Process Explorer shows huge number in "Driver WS"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Process Explorer shows huge number in "Driver WS": Hi everyone, I have an older Computer, which is driving me crazy. It is a 6-core AMD with 16GB memory. However it takes ages to boot and the whole time it is accessing the disks. Process Explorer shows more than half of the memory is free. The only hint, I have is that...
  9. es

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    es: Outlook is not stopping spam . Outlook stopped spam fine and held it in the junk folder, It never reached my phone. Now all the junk mail is getting to my phone. Nothing changed on the phone and I haven't changed any settings , What gives/ any help appreciated. getting 70...
  10. System & Reserved files huge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System & Reserved files huge: Hi All. I cloned my hard drive to a new Samsung 500 GB Hard drive. The problem I see is that the disk is nearly full due to the System & Reserved files being 318GB (see snapshots below). According to WinDirStat, only 145GB is being used. Looking at Storage, the System...