Windows 10: Huge windows 11 laptop storage issue

Discus and support Huge windows 11 laptop storage issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I need to free up space on my laptop. It's maxed out at 256/256 GB, showing that the apps are taking up 160 GB of storage. However, settings only find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jonah Long, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Huge windows 11 laptop storage issue

I need to free up space on my laptop. It's maxed out at 256/256 GB, showing that the apps are taking up 160 GB of storage. However, settings only find 141 apps most came on the computer and only 2 take up more than a gigabyte of space. The 2 in question are Google Play Games which gives an error when I try to uninstall it, but that's irrelevant to the question at 2.33 GB and Minecraft, at 1.55 GB. It's mathematically impossible for the apps to take up 160 GB of space if there are only 141 of them and 2 that take up over a gigabyte less than 3. What's going on? Are there any hidden apps I'm

:)

Jonah Long, Dec 6, 2023
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Home will not boot or restart with USB Storage Spaces pool drives attached

Hi George,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes in BIOS?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to update Storage controller drivers and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Device manager.

• Expand Storage controller.

• Right click on the driver and Update the drivers.

Steps 2: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 6, 2023
  3. Can't Free Up Storage OnHP Stream 11 Running Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are unable to delete the temporary files and free up the storage space on Windows 10 Operating System, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about:
    Free up drive space in Windows 10

Step 2: I suggest you to check the storage capacity of each of the drives in
    Windows Explorer.

• Press Windows key, type This PC, select it.
    • Right click on each of the drives and click on Properties.
    • Also, you can perform Disk Cleanup from the
      Step 2
      as well.
    • Select the files to be delete on each of the drives.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 6, 2023
  4. Johan45 Win User

Huge windows 11 laptop storage issue

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

Huge windows 11 laptop storage issue

1. Huge windows 11 laptop storage issue - Similar Threads - Huge laptop storage

2. Persistent Storage issue with window 11 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Persistent Storage issue with window 11 home: I have this dell laptop for about 3 years and had some persistent storage issue in the last 6 months. My C drive is NTFS with 105G - all Full - and my D drive is local drive with 1 TB - only 10G. Initially, it complains window update files taking much space - supposedly...
  3. Huge windows 11 laptop storage issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Huge windows 11 laptop storage issue: I need to free up space on my laptop. It's maxed out at 256/256 GB, showing that the apps are taking up 160 GB of storage. However, settings only find 141 apps most came on the computer and only 2 take up more than a gigabyte of space. The 2 in question are Google Play Games...
  4. HUGE issue with the Windows 11 Photos App!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HUGE issue with the Windows 11 Photos App!: Hello everyone. There is an annoying issue with the Windows 11 Photos App even since Windows 10 where you can't upload any photos from your iPhone to your PC via USB, and it keeps saying I have to accept the alert on my phone when I already did plenty of times already! It...
  5. HUGE issue with the Windows 11 Photos App!

HUGE issue with the Windows 11 Photos App!: Hello everyone. There is an annoying issue with the Windows 11 Photos App even since Windows 10 where you can't upload any photos from your iPhone to your PC via USB, and it keeps saying I have to accept the alert on my phone when I already did plenty of times already! It...
  6. Storage and partition issue in windows 11 OS

Storage and partition issue in windows 11 OS: I right clicked on my C-Drive from the partition menu and the extend volume option is not available . what may be the possible reasons behind this? provided that I dont have any bitlocker recovery key for my account...
  7. Huge Laptop Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Huge Laptop Issue: I can't sign into my Laptop. It requests that i change the pin, yet it will not let me, and it presents me with "Your credentials could not be verified." After I press "Okay," on that screen it says "Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available status: 0x000015b...
  8. Huge disk storage doesn’t add up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Huge disk storage doesn’t add up: I’m using an HP laptop running on Windows 10. It’s been pretty slow recently and I noticed that there’s 411 GB out of 446 GB space being used in my hard disk drive. I’m not using the laptop that much and I checked the storage in settings to see what was taking up all that...
  9. HP Stream Laptop storage issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HP Stream Laptop storage issues: I've done everything I can even imagine to clear space for an update. There isn't a single file on here that belongs to me. Ive disabled hibernation, ive cleared everything of previous versions of windows, disk cleanup, etc etc. I don't know what to do....
  10. Apps & Games Storage is huge - no idea what is in there

in Windows 10 Support
    Apps & Games Storage is huge - no idea what is in there: Hello all, Upon visiting Settings/Storage, I notice that Apps & Games is taking up 54gb of space. Yet when I click on the icon, I see that the apps I have installed total less than 5gb. I cannot figure out what is taking up the rest of the space. I am using Adobe...