Windows 10: HUGE windows update problem with the newest update.

Discus and support HUGE windows update problem with the newest update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having serious issues with the update that makes "Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service" use more than 30% of my CPU and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kektas9, Sep 15, 2018.

1. kektas9 Win User

HUGE windows update problem with the newest update.

Hello, I've been having serious issues with the update that makes "Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service" use more than 30% of my CPU and I can't play any games on my pc because of this I'm getting very big frame drops. You can see the update here:

HUGE windows update problem with the newest update. eee2b549-4670-4ca7-8199-62151e35ec67?upload=true.png It's just stuck on this "Initializing" thing forever until I run the troubleshooter and when it "fixes" I go and retry the download, but when I do that, after preparing download, installation goes from 1% to 25% then it goes to 9% for some reason then goes back to 10% after few minutes staying on that turns into 34% and after few seconds to 35% and finally from 35% to 100% in 2 to 3 minutes. Then I get this:

HUGE windows update problem with the newest update. 654686ed-9702-4a11-a37e-03f08d2de05c?upload=true.jpg

And the circle goes on and on. I've tried to do steps on this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10164/fix-windows-update-errors

But none of them seemed to work. When I try to download most recent Servicing Stack Update (SSU) and the most recent KB I'm always getting this, Even tho I download my x64 installations:

HUGE windows update problem with the newest update. 8270cdfc-6489-4f20-adfd-d1a9e2fb2f58?upload=true.png

I've tried also the File Corruption Fix, but when it's about to finish it's just stuck on 95.2% and after it just says this and I can't do anything about that:

HUGE windows update problem with the newest update. 91ee70cf-3b28-4802-85c2-020cc09d701f?upload=true.png

Any help that helps would be appreciated. There's even a full thread that I've created on this site: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3784321/slower-laggy.html ,but none of that helped me.

:)

kektas9, Sep 15, 2018

2. Windows updates...

Oh. Your "Registry" must have gotten screwed up FLY3R. If for some reason you couldn't download your updates I suppose you could go to the update site, and run throught the steps 'till it fails activation. Then you could go up to "Tools > Manage Add ons > then disable "Windows Genuine Advatage Validation Tool." Of course you should only use this method if you are having problems updating your legitamate copy of Windows XP. Perhaps do to a corrupted piece of software? *Smile HUGE windows update problem with the newest update. :)

Thermopylae_480, Sep 15, 2018
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    Windows 7 slipstreaming with updates question

i got all the updates for Windows 7 in "Windows Updates Downloader" using the newest list from mydigitallife.info's forum which is dated 13-16-2013, but can i use all does updates in the Danish version of Windows 7 Professional SP1-U 64bit?

bcs i wanna slipstream it with a few drives into it aswell here i am talking about Intel Ethernet and NEC/ReneSAS USB3.0 Drivers.

puma99dk|, Sep 15, 2018
  4. TC-man Win User

Windows Update keeps failing!

Hi,

I had once a similar issue like yours, i.e. not able to update Windows 7. What I did to solve the problems is:

- go to control panel, then to "Troubleshouting" > "System and Security" > "Fix problems with Windows update" > click "Advanced" > choose "Apply repairs automatically".

And Windows will start detecting the issues and will repair "Windows update components". The problems should be fixed now, close the program, restart the PC, and see if the mentioned steps have fixed the problems you mentioned.

Hope it works for you.

Good luck!

TC-man, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

1. HUGE windows update problem with the newest update. - Similar Threads - HUGE update problem

2. Shutdown problem on the newest update on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutdown problem on the newest update on windows 11: In the newest update of Windows 11, I have a problem with shutdown. Every single time that I click on the shutdown button, it first restarts my laptop, and shutdown after that. Can someone give me a solution to fix that?...
  3. Newest Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newest Windows Update: So I get the notification when i go to shut my desktop down a few nights back, so i do it. It goes through the normal process, but the update gets stuck at 42 percent for 5 minutes, then my computer says it can't complete the update, reverts the changes, and shuts down. Is...
  4. Newest Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Newest Windows Update: So I get the notification when i go to shut my desktop down a few nights back, so i do it. It goes through the normal process, but the update gets stuck at 42 percent for 5 minutes, then my computer says it can't complete the update, reverts the changes, and shuts down. Is...
  5. Newest Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Newest update

Newest update: My husband did his updates today and when requested restarted. The friggin thing deleted EVERYTHING on his computer WHAT THE LITERAL HELL? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/newest-update/606b5cca-4a12-46bd-b3b8-769f279de559
  7. Newest Windows Update

Newest Windows Update: I just did the windows update with restart. All of my desktop folders look empty, some icons are blank. I cant get my search bar to work to run the troubleshooter. Nothing will search such as cmd. The windows update and security tab just keeps loading forever....
  8. Newest Update

Newest Update: I have a Gateway desktop computer, 64 bit operating system. It currently has Windows 10 Home, v 1803, and I have been trying to update to the newest version. I have tried multiple times. It will start updating but then it freezes; I'll do a hard shut off, and then when I...
  9. Newest update?

Newest update?: I tried updating windows and it updated the first part but it failed to update the rest so how do I update it fully bc it failed to update the most current windows 10 update? 138158
  10. Newest update

Newest update: My win 10 ver, is 1809 and I get a Event ID 20. Says can't install because of a driver. It does not tell me what driver and I can not find it in any log of the error. Can someone plese help me with this? Thanks...