Windows 10: HUH721010ALN600 (4kn) drives disappeared

Discus and support HUH721010ALN600 (4kn) drives disappeared in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In my workstation 6 HUH721010ALN600 (4kn) have previously worked in a RAID 0 array As of today the drives are not visible any more. Power to the HDDs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jacobacci, Jul 20, 2019.

1. jacobacci Win User

HUH721010ALN600 (4kn) drives disappeared

In my workstation 6 HUH721010ALN600 (4kn) have previously worked in a RAID 0 array
    As of today the drives are not visible any more. Power to the HDDs is good

Configuration:
    ASUS P9D WS with XEON E3 1265L V3 and Win 10 1903, lates updates
    LSI 9361-8i RAID controller with the 6 HDDs attached
    During boot the RAID controller reports 0 HDDs connected

Troubleshooting done:

• Reinstalled Win 10 1903 to be sure it is running in EFI mode. Checked the presence of the EFI partition on the system drive
    • Connected several of the HDDs directly to the mobo SATA controller. They are not visible in Windows device manager nor in Windows disk management
    • Moved the 6 HDDs to another PC with an identical RAID controller, ASUS Prime X370 Pro, Ryzen 1800X, Win 10 1903. The 6HDDs are not seen by the RAID controller, nor by Windows when they are connected to a SATA port of the mobo

I am somewhat stumped. 6 HDDs can't go bad just like that. Am I perhaps missing something here?

:)

jacobacci, Jul 20, 2019
  2. little cat, Jul 20, 2019
  3. F drive disappeared

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Check if the drive is listed in the Disk Management. Refer to the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + X, then select Disk Management.
    • See if the drive is listed and if there is a letter assigned to it.
    • Have you tried restarting your device and check if the drive is still missing?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jul 20, 2019
  4. mikelori5 Win User

Disappearing dvd drive

When I hook up an internal hard drive in win 10 my DVD drive disappears . Cant find it in explorer . The second hard drive takes the D letter and no DVD rom is shown . When i disconnect the HD the DVD returns as D drive . Any suggestions . SATA connections on everything .

mikelori5, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

1. HUH721010ALN600 (4kn) drives disappeared - Similar Threads - HUH721010ALN600 4kn drives

2. C Drive Disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C Drive Disappeared: From "optimize drives". Once a month I like to manually defrag and when I went to do it today the only one that was there was E my external hard drive I use for backup. Any help will be appreciated....
  3. C Drive Disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C Drive Disappeared: From "optimize drives". Once a month I like to manually defrag and when I went to do it today the only one that was there was E my external hard drive I use for backup. Any help will be appreciated....
  4. D drive disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D drive disappeared: Hello. I recently had my second ssd disappear on my laptop. Its a new laptop, installed the second drive a few weeks ago and all was running fine. Thankfully I have all data stored elsewhere. When I go into disk management, it only shows up as 2gb unallocated, though it is a...
  5. D drive disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D drive disappeared: Hello. I recently had my second ssd disappear on my laptop. Its a new laptop, installed the second drive a few weeks ago and all was running fine. Thankfully I have all data stored elsewhere. When I go into disk management, it only shows up as 2gb unallocated, though it is a...
  6. D Drive Disappeared.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D Drive Disappeared.: I was using my computer as per usual, and just earlier today I had access to all of my games and software on my D: drive. When I came home, all of it was gone. I have currently tried to solve the issue by: - scanning for viruses (AVG and Windows Defender) - re-scanning...
  7. Advanced format 512e 4kn

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Advanced format 512e 4kn: Advanced Format - Wikipedia I want to get a 4 or 5tb drive, and I dont know if the MSI 7596 motherboard supports it? Some drives are just plain 4K and from little I read, wont work on older 512 motherboards.? I know last 3TB HGST drive I bought was specifically able to work...
  8. Drive/partition disappears

Drive/partition disappears: Sorry if this has been covered... I searched and found "similar" issues but couldnt find an exact solution so here I am. Setup - 2tb sata drive partitioned into C:\ (750gb) (for os / basic applications) F:\ (remainder of space 1.25tb~ for main apps\file storage) Upon...
  9. Disappearing dvd drive

Disappearing dvd drive: When I hook up an internal hard drive in win 10 my DVD drive disappears . Cant find it in explorer . The second hard drive takes the D letter and no DVD rom is shown . When i disconnect the HD the DVD returns as D drive . Any suggestions . SATA connections on everything . 36794
  10. Case of the Disappearing Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Case of the Disappearing Drive: Hey, folks -- Has anybody else run into a recent problem with hard drives simply disappearing off your computer's radar? My wife's machine is running Win 7 (also 2 other OS's, but that's her main squeeze), and her third drive, a 2TB we use for backup, has vanished. I...