Windows 10: Hulu App windows 10, Microsoft Edge updat no more 5.1 DD sound

Discus and support Hulu App windows 10, Microsoft Edge updat no more 5.1 DD sound in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It seems like Microsoft Edge has been updated and now on my Hulu app I no longer get 5.1 surround sound. Dolby Digital is gone. I was online with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kaams, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Kaams Win User

Hulu App windows 10, Microsoft Edge updat no more 5.1 DD sound

It seems like Microsoft Edge has been updated and now on my Hulu app I no longer get 5.1 surround sound. Dolby Digital is gone. I was online with Hulu Techs and they cant figure it out either. I believe it has something to do with the web browser. the hulu app has a devices section. In there it no longer sees it as an app but a web browser.

I have an amazing HTPC using a ASUS XONAR SE Soundcard with the fiber optic SPDIF connected to a Harmon Kardon Reciever for surround sound with Polk Audio speakers all around.

this was working about a week ago no its not.

Netflix App is still playing full surround sound 5.1

Amazon Prime app doesn't even have 5.1 that needs to be addressed.

any help would be greatly appreciated

:)

Kaams, Apr 13, 2021

2. I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Fix sound problems in Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 13, 2021
  3. btarunr Win User
    Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

Dolby Laboratories, Inc. and Microsoft Corporation announced today that Dolby Audio is selected to be a part of the Microsoft Windows 10 operating system and will be natively supported by the new Microsoft Edge browser for the playback of web-based content as well as accessible by third-party Windows Store apps. Users of Microsoft Windows 10 PCs and tablets will enjoy Dolby quality audio experiences through Windows entertainment apps and through Microsoft Edge.

Dolby Audio (supporting Dolby Digital Plus) will be available in x86 Windows 10 PCs and tablets for playback of movies, TV shows, and videos with crisp, clear dialogue and greater detail of sounds. Windows 7 and 8 users may upgrade to Windows 10 for free and continue to experience Dolby quality audio consistently across headphones, built-in PC and tablet speakers, or connected home theater systems. Microsoft Edge will be the first browser to leverage the Dolby Digital Plus decoder on the Windows 10 operating system, enabling online content providers to enrich the entertainment experiences of millions of Internet users globally with Dolby Audio.

"We are excited about the collaboration and partnership with Microsoft and share in the commitment to providing the best entertainment experiences possible to consumers across a wide range of devices in the Windows 10 ecosystem," said John Couling, Senior Vice President, E-Media Business Group, Dolby Laboratories. "With the launch of Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge in nearly 200 countries, Dolby and Microsoft will enable better user experiences with high-quality audio that is robust, consistent, and at a scale necessary for the large Windows ecosystem."

"At Microsoft, we are committed to delivering the richest, most immersive, entertainment experiences with Windows 10," said David Treadwell, Corporate Vice President, Operating Systems Group, Microsoft. "With Dolby Audio incorporated into the Windows 10 platform and Microsoft Edge, content providers will be able to deliver their content with superior sound in Dolby Audio for a wide range of Windows 10 based PCs and tablets."

btarunr, Apr 13, 2021
  4. Hulu App windows 10, Microsoft Edge updat no more 5.1 DD sound

Microsoft Edge bottom half cut off on Windows 10

We can try the following ways:

1. I suggest we clear the browsing history and check if the issue persist.

Please follow the steps:

Open Microsoft Edge.

Click on “...” (… symbol) on the top right corner of the browser.

Select Settings from the drop down menu.

Click on Choose what to clear under Clear browsing data.

Check the Cookies and saved website data (and any other data you want to clear) and click on Clear button.

1. Enable Inprivate Browing feature of Edge.

We can refer to Enable Private Browsing in IE 11 and Microsoft Edge

1. Try to reset Windows Edge. Go to Settings->App->Apps and features->Windows Edge->Advanced options->Reset.

Hulu App windows 10, Microsoft Edge updat no more 5.1 DD sound VN0gN.png

1. Use Windows Compatibility List.

Open "Windows Edge".

Type "about:flags".

Click "Enter".

Check "Use Windows Compatibility List".

Restart the computer.

Hulu App windows 10, Microsoft Edge updat no more 5.1 DD sound vz7xZ.png

1. Try to update Windows updates.
    2. Logon the laptop with another computer account, if we still have this problem, try reinstalling the operating system.

Daisy Zhou, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

Hulu App windows 10, Microsoft Edge updat no more 5.1 DD sound

1. Hulu App windows 10, Microsoft Edge updat no more 5.1 DD sound - Similar Threads - Hulu App Microsoft

2. Hulu app on microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hulu app on microsoft store.: I keep trying to download the app from Microsoft store but every single time it gets to install it says there has been an error. Try again in a few minutes. It has repeated this everyday over the last 2 weeks. No matter how many times I try it gets all the way through the...
  3. Hulu app on microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hulu app on microsoft store.: I keep trying to download the app from Microsoft store but every single time it gets to install it says there has been an error. Try again in a few minutes. It has repeated this everyday over the last 2 weeks. No matter how many times I try it gets all the way through the...
  4. Hulu on Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Hulu on Windows 10: Anytime I open the Hulu app or even open it in a browser it hits me with "Your account does not have access to the Hulu application". I've uninstalled and reinstalled Hulu about three times, I even restarted my computer and it is still not working. Is Hulu not available on...
  5. Hulu on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hulu on Windows 10: Anytime I open the Hulu app or even open it in a browser it hits me with "Your account does not have access to the Hulu application". I've uninstalled and reinstalled Hulu about three times, I even restarted my computer and it is still not working. Is Hulu not available on...
  6. Hulu on Windows 10

7. Hulu app

Hulu app: I have recently started a new hulu account but no matter which way i try to login it tells me my password is invalid , but it will let me still log in to the old account , i have talked to hulu support and they couldnt give me any solution...
  8. hy im windows 10 no sound in system 5+1 no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hy im windows 10 no sound in system 5+1 no sound: im windows 10 no sound in system 5+1 no sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hy-im-windows-10-no-sound-in-system-51-no-sound/dfcd0bea-d64e-4d4a-8d22-a1d756aec611
  9. Microsoft Edge, my tests show no enhanced sound, no DD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Edge, my tests show no enhanced sound, no DD: Not in youtube, Netflix, Disney plus or Amazon videos. Just the same stereo sound as Chrome. YET Edge propagandists say it is better sound. Anyone care to explain this seeming incongruity? In practical experience, it is worthless approbation. Announcing Dolby Audio for high...
  10. DD player app

DD player app: The DVD app, while never great, had worked ok but now when I launch it it fails while trying to open. I have tried several times, rebooted my computer and tried again. It still won't successfully launch....