Windows 10: Hundreds of Copies of the Same Device

Discus and support Hundreds of Copies of the Same Device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have 286 copies of Netgear Ginnie in my Devices and printers. This is the second time this happens. The last time I had to remove 386 copies. How can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ana G, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Ana G Win User

Hundreds of Copies of the Same Device

I have 286 copies of Netgear Ginnie in my Devices and printers. This is the second time this happens. The last time I had to remove 386 copies. How can I stop this situation other than going one by one deleting these copies just to have them comeback again. Thank you, AG

:)

Ana G, Jul 27, 2019

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jul 27, 2019
  3. Salsoolo Win User
    Antec Nine Hundred Two Computer Case Announced

140mm fans are here. i hope case makers start stepping up. maybe on their next twelve hundred?

Salsoolo, Jul 27, 2019
  4. csatennis Win User

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Hundreds of Copies of the Same Device - Similar Threads - Hundreds Copies Same

2. Hundreds of the same error in reliability history

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hundreds of the same error in reliability history: Autopilot.dll WIL error was reported.HRESULT: 0x80070491File: onecoreuap\admin\moderndeployment\autopilot\dll\dllmain.cpp, line 128Message: NULLThis error keeps appearing in event viewer in the background. I do not notice any problems using my PC, I just noticed this in the...
  3. Hundreds of the same error in reliability history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hundreds of the same error in reliability history: Autopilot.dll WIL error was reported.HRESULT: 0x80070491File: onecoreuap\admin\moderndeployment\autopilot\dll\dllmain.cpp, line 128Message: NULLThis error keeps appearing in event viewer in the background. I do not notice any problems using my PC, I just noticed this in the...
  4. Two copies of MSFS under same account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Two copies of MSFS under same account: We have purchased 2 copies of MSFS 2020, both redeemed under the same account. How can we use both at the same time on different PCs without kicking the other person off??...
  5. Two copies of MSFS under same account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two copies of MSFS under same account: We have purchased 2 copies of MSFS 2020, both redeemed under the same account. How can we use both at the same time on different PCs without kicking the other person off??...
  6. [video] Windows settings spamming/shows multiple copies of the same device in settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    [video] Windows settings spamming/shows multiple copies of the same device in settings.: When I open Bluetooth settings in Windows to connect my earbuds, I have to wait until 100 copies of the Living Room TV have finished loading! I have tried unplugging the TV completely and then trying this again, but it seems to be an issue on Windows side. Here is a video...
  7. Multiple Device Copies

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple Device Copies: Can anyone tell me how to stop windows from creating multiple copies of multimedia devices? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-device-copies/a63ca9ad-0ecb-4710-83c9-c0258fb0a52d
  8. I keep copying and pasting the same thing

in Windows 10 Customization
    I keep copying and pasting the same thing: Hi I cleaned installed windows 10, and I discovered I keep copying and pasting the same think no matter what. I tried to clear the clipboard by running "cmd /c"echo off|clip" and I'm able to copy and paste something once but than it goes back to copying and pasting the same...
  9. Cookies by the hundreds.

in Browsers and Email
    Cookies by the hundreds.: I have found on my system Firefox (57.0.2) is getting hundreds of tracking cookies. Found with SAS. It doesn't happen with Windows 7. Any ideas? Jack 100542
  10. How to copy a folder into same folder without creating copy of folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to copy a folder into same folder without creating copy of folder?: How do I do this in Windows 10? I have a folder of files, and I want to copy the folder and all of its contents onto an external hardisk which already contains a folder of the same name, and also contains some of the files that I am now trying to copy. Prior to Windows 10, a...