Windows 10: Hundreds of entries for "HNS Container Networking" in Windows Firewall

Discus and support Hundreds of entries for "HNS Container Networking" in Windows Firewall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Using Win10 Pro 20H2 build 19042.1110 I was looking in Windows Firewalls advanced settings and noticed I have hundreds of entries for HNS Container... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by chili, Jul 25, 2021.

1. chili Win User

Hundreds of entries for "HNS Container Networking" in Windows Firewall

Using Win10 Pro 20H2 build 19042.1110 I was looking in Windows Firewalls advanced settings and noticed I have hundreds of entries for HNS Container Networking. I did a search on this and the only thing useful I could find was from a thread from tenforums What is "HNS Container Networking" and why is it..... I don't have Hyper-V enabled in Windows Features but I do have Windows Sandbox enabled. I can't find anything about why there would be so many entries. Is this normal? Will this cause any performance issues by having so many entries? Should I try deleting them?

:)

chili, Jul 25, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

What is "HNS Container Networking" and why is it....

Do you have Pro and have you just turned on Hyper-V?

HNS is part of this and requires those rules to be added....

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/vir...etwork-service

3. Sqrly Win User
    What is "HNS Container Networking" and why is it....

I've never seen this before. I try to do a search and I find tons of techinbabel on how it works but nothing telling me "why".

Windows is trying to add an allow rule to my firewall for "HNS Container Networking - DNS (UDP-In)".

Can anyone give me a simple reason "why" my os is trying to use this?

Hundreds of entries for "HNS Container Networking" in Windows Firewall [​IMG]

Sqrly, Jul 25, 2021
  4. Hundreds of entries for "HNS Container Networking" in Windows Firewall

HNS is unresponding on Windows Server 2019

Hi,

We are using HNS to support container Networking. The vSwitch Extension is Open vSwitch Extension. When I invoke HNS.psm1 to attach an existing HNS Endpoint to a container, the request doesn't return. The process never stops, even if I input ctrl+Z or ctrl+C,
    no response returns. The issue also happens in deleting HNS Endpoint or deleting HNS Network.

It is found in Windows Server 2019, and all possible KBs are updated on March 16th.

Please help give some guidance on such issue.

Thanks,

Wenying

Wenying_Dong, Jul 25, 2021
Thema:

Hundreds of entries for "HNS Container Networking" in Windows Firewall

1. Hundreds of entries for "HNS Container Networking" in Windows Firewall - Similar Threads - Hundreds entries HNS

2. network firewall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network firewall: does anyone know to turn on network firewall i have hp laptop and on my hp assistant says windows securty not secure. how do i fix that. i have windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-firewall/1e0d7736-5d1a-497a-ab70-d5f434510acc
  3. network firewall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    network firewall: does anyone know to turn on network firewall i have hp laptop and on my hp assistant says windows securty not secure. how do i fix that. i have windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-firewall/1e0d7736-5d1a-497a-ab70-d5f434510acc
  4. When is Microsoft going to issue a fix for HNS container Networking Issue that been around...

in Windows 10 Customization
    When is Microsoft going to issue a fix for HNS container Networking Issue that been around...: This has been reported repeatly for months now nothing has been addressed but Microsoft has real issue with HNS Container Networking in the Windows firewall policy every time you restart the computer HNS Container Networking multiples and creates a new enter in both TCP and...
  5. What is "HNS Container Networking" and why is it....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is "HNS Container Networking" and why is it....: I've never seen this before. I try to do a search and I find tons of techinbabel on how it works but nothing telling me "why". Windows is trying to add an allow rule to my firewall for "HNS Container Networking - DNS (UDP-In)". Can anyone give me a simple reason "why" my...
  6. What is "HNS Container Networking" and why is it....

in Windows 10 Support
    What is "HNS Container Networking" and why is it....: I've never seen this before. I try to do a search and I find tons of techinbabel on how it works but nothing telling me "why". Windows is trying to add an allow rule to my firewall for "HNS Container Networking - DNS (UDP-In)". Can anyone give me a simple reason "why" my...
  7. Unknown Entries in Network

Unknown Entries in Network: Hello again, (2x Windows 10 Pro v2004, ethernet connected) I am seeing unknown entities showing under Network in File Explorer and Total Commander on one machine. They cannot be deleted and the latest one's properties show the 'manufacturer' as Bitdefender. They're not...
  8. network/ firewall

network/ firewall: I need to configure the local windows firewall on windows 10 computer. which network category needs to have the most stringent rules set? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-firewall/283f775a-eac6-4586-9e96-2aacc599e7f2
  9. firewall entry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    firewall entry: I have tried to research this firewall entry but cannot find if it should be checked in both private and public or at all. {78E1CD88-49E3-476E-B926-580E596AD309} 126953
  10. Win 10 Unknown Firewall Entry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Unknown Firewall Entry: Please tell me if this entry is safe and what is it? If remote control application by whom? thanks 78e1cd88-49e3-476e-b926-580e596ad309: in allowed firewall applications....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HNS Container Networking - DNS (UDP-In) - 9C12C529-F12F-4EBE-8008-B2E7AE922C94 - 0

2. what is h n s container Network ICS dnssec pin