Windows 10: Hundreds of unsuccessful sign-in attempts per week all over the world.

Discus and support Hundreds of unsuccessful sign-in attempts per week all over the world. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I’ve been doing my best to secure my account because clearly people that don’t know how to earn an honest living are hard at work to steal my account.I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jonathan Crockett1, Jun 19, 2024.

1. Hundreds of unsuccessful sign-in attempts per week all over the world.

I’ve been doing my best to secure my account because clearly people that don’t know how to earn an honest living are hard at work to steal my account.I was just wondering if the SMS sign-in option would be more effective NOT used than enabled. I have nearly every recovery/sign in options active at the moment and just changed my password to be much much more complex after seeing the insane number of sign in attempts daily from across the globe.Any advice is appreciated. I even get scam calls trying to get codes in order to get into my account.

:)

Jonathan Crockett1, Jun 19, 2024

2. Unsuccessful sign-in attempt

Hello.

A few minutes ago I checked my sign-in history, and I was shocked to learn that there had been an unsuccessful sign-in attempt from somewhere in China. I'm not in China, nor have I ever been.

The incident happened last week, but I've been able to still sign in to my account every day since then.

Since it was an unsuccessful attempt, is my account still safe? Should I change my password to be on the safe side?

Here's a screenshot for reference:

Hundreds of unsuccessful sign-in attempts per week all over the world. 6406e7b4-af28-4d62-afa9-c4c58b25ef80?upload=true.png

finlandsberet, Jun 19, 2024
  3. [Dora H] Win User
    "unsuccessful sign-in" attempts?

Hello,

I have been seeing a lot of unsuccessful sign in attempts lately and it's stressing me out. I don't understand how and why some people can be so evil and try to compromise a stranger's security to ruin their life. Anyways, these sign in attempts have been unsuccessful so far, yet it's still concerning to say the least. Some are from the UK, US, France, Indonesia, Canada, Thailand, Russa, Germany, United Arab Emirates. However the mass majority of these are from China. Is there anything Microsoft is doing about this? I have 2FA on and I don't need this much stress at all. What can I do?

[Dora H], Jun 19, 2024
  4. Hundreds of unsuccessful sign-in attempts per week all over the world.

Unsuccessful sign-in attempt

Hello, and thank you for a speedy reply.

My account has not been hacked; I am still able to access and sign in to it. What I want to know is if my account is still safe after this incident. It was an unsuccessful sign-in attempt.

I'm guessing that changing my password again would be helpful, too?

finlandsberet, Jun 19, 2024
Thema:

Hundreds of unsuccessful sign-in attempts per week all over the world.

1. Hundreds of unsuccessful sign-in attempts per week all over the world. - Similar Threads - Hundreds unsuccessful sign

2. V2 - Seeing so many "unsuccessful sign-in" attempts from all over the world

in Windows 10 Gaming
    V2 - Seeing so many "unsuccessful sign-in" attempts from all over the world: I want to stop the unsuccessful sign-in attempts on my MS account, I don't want to have to respond to log-in attempts that are not me. I want IPs blocked from MS, something, anything.. this is ridiculous....
  3. V2 - Seeing so many "unsuccessful sign-in" attempts from all over the world

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    V2 - Seeing so many "unsuccessful sign-in" attempts from all over the world: I want to stop the unsuccessful sign-in attempts on my MS account, I don't want to have to respond to log-in attempts that are not me. I want IPs blocked from MS, something, anything.. this is ridiculous....
  4. Hundreds of unsuccessful sign-in attempts per week all over the world.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hundreds of unsuccessful sign-in attempts per week all over the world.: I’ve been doing my best to secure my account because clearly people that don’t know how to earn an honest living are hard at work to steal my account.I was just wondering if the SMS sign-in option would be more effective NOT used than enabled. I have nearly every...
  5. Multiple "unsuccessful" sign in attempts on my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple "unsuccessful" sign in attempts on my account: Every time I check my recent microsoft activity, there is someone trying to sign into my account multiple times an hour. It's extremely distressing for me because my Microsoft Account is very valuable. Is it one person attempting to hack my account multiple times a day? Or is...
  6. Multiple "unsuccessful" sign in attempts on my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple "unsuccessful" sign in attempts on my account: Every time I check my recent microsoft activity, there is someone trying to sign into my account multiple times an hour. It's extremely distressing for me because my Microsoft Account is very valuable. Is it one person attempting to hack my account multiple times a day? Or is...
  7. So many unsuccessful sign in attempts on my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So many unsuccessful sign in attempts on my account: Throughout this entire week, numerous of my accounts have been hacked, or at least someone has attempted to hack them and some may have already been hacked that I don't know of. When I checked my microsoft recent activities there is a VERY long list of unsuccessful login...
  8. Seeing yet more "unsuccessful sign-in" attempts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Seeing yet more "unsuccessful sign-in" attempts: Hello. Recently I posted about seeing several "unsuccessful sign-in" attempts in my sign-in history from around the world. Just a few minutes ago, I've found a few more attempts - all from America. I can only assume these are all unsuccessful because I have two-factor...
  9. Unsuccessful sign-in attempt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unsuccessful sign-in attempt: Hello. A few minutes ago I checked my sign-in history, and I was shocked to learn that there had been an unsuccessful sign-in attempt from somewhere in China. I'm not in China, nor have I ever been. The incident happened last week, but I've been able to still sign in to my...
  10. Unsuccessful Login Attempts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unsuccessful Login Attempts: I’ve noticed starting the 19th of April that I’ve had a bunch of unsuccessful login attempts via IMAP. I clicked on them and it specifically says (I’m paraphrasing a bit) you don’t have to change your password you are secure. Every single one was unsuccessful. I have 2FA on...