Windows 10: Husband laid off & his company gave us his laptop but no admin password

Discus and support Husband laid off & his company gave us his laptop but no admin password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can I buy a new Windows OS with a fresh install to remove the previous information etc on an old work laptop? Specifically admin privileges, I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LoraLinton, May 15, 2020.

1. Husband laid off & his company gave us his laptop but no admin password

Can I buy a new Windows OS with a fresh install to remove the previous information etc on an old work laptop? Specifically admin privileges, I can't get in to that account to change settings. We have access to his account on the computer but not the Admin account. I can't download anything due to this. I'm afraid to try to remove or change the Admin info.

I have the serial #, and I know how to get the product key if needed. Yes. I'm a normie.

:)

LoraLinton, May 15, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, May 15, 2020
  3. Santana57 Win User
    Admin User and password - Deceased Husband

My husband passed away in March 2017, I found all his passwords for all accounts, except for this administrator of this laptop. When we purchased this laptop from dell we had problems and Dell representative created an admin and gave my husband the password.
    Unfortunately I do not know this password and trying to do updates on my computer. I have updated everything on Microsoft with the exception of Admin user info. I do not have a disk and have a lot of info stored on this computer, what do I do now? Now I am
    being sent Microsoft updates asking me to sign on as Admin to download the updates... I understand your policy, but why you cannot do it with verification to the owner is beyond me.

Santana57, May 15, 2020
  4. gloaming Win User

Husband laid off & his company gave us his laptop but no admin password

Admin password not recognized

Unfortunately, the system tells me that I am admin. But thank you for your suggestion!

gloaming, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Husband laid off & his company gave us his laptop but no admin password

1. Husband laid off & his company gave us his laptop but no admin password - Similar Threads - Husband laid off

2. My son forgot his password to login on his laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My son forgot his password to login on his laptop: My son forgot his login on his laptop. How do i reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-son-forgot-his-password-to-login-on-his-laptop/bf7b1f19-09a7-41cf-83ef-3fffd112acd3
  3. My son forgot his password to login on his laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My son forgot his password to login on his laptop: My son forgot his login on his laptop. How do i reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-son-forgot-his-password-to-login-on-his-laptop/bf7b1f19-09a7-41cf-83ef-3fffd112acd3
  4. My son forgot his password to login on his laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My husband cannot sign into his windows account.

My husband cannot sign into his windows account.: My husband cannot sign into his Windows account. I have tried everything recommended and still doesn't work. My last message from you said his account may have to be handled by you....
  6. My husband cannot sign into his windows account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My husband cannot sign into his windows account.: My husband cannot sign into his Windows account. I have tried everything recommended and still doesn't work. My last message from you said his account may have to be handled by you....
  7. My husband passed away and never wrote down a password. His email is no longer available....

My husband passed away and never wrote down a password. His email is no longer available....: I deleted his account from my computer. But I am unable to sign into Windows because I don't know the password and his email is no longer open nor do I know that password....
  8. Is it possible to find out his password?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is it possible to find out his password?: Hey, I was just trying to find out my password out of interest. I am the only user, have admin rights etc. I have heard that in SAM.file the password is stored. Of course Windows has a backup at this point. But there is a command to copy such a file anyway. But I have no plan...
  9. Deceased husband - change the administrator on his laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deceased husband - change the administrator on his laptop: My husband unexpectedly died in December. I have access to his laptop we were open with our passwords and have only just felt ready to switch his laptop on so I can transfer any photos etc. I want to keep it, always good to have a spare but I don't like seeing his name on...
  10. Help!!!! Friend gave us computer that still has his password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help!!!! Friend gave us computer that still has his password: He told us it would be easy to reset it and get rid of his accounts but here we are a couple months later and still not luck in resetting. It is a home built gaming computer. We have tried the BIOS menu and boot menu like he asked and have nothing. Any other options. The...