Windows 10: HVEC extension purchased and installed, but not working

Discus and support HVEC extension purchased and installed, but not working in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I recently had to wipe my computer due to virus issues. Since then, when I uploaded pics and videos from iphone, we can't view HEIC/HEVC files. I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by mikencvb, Oct 5, 2020.

1. mikencvb Win User

HVEC extension purchased and installed, but not working

I recently had to wipe my computer due to virus issues. Since then, when I uploaded pics and videos from iphone, we can't view HEIC/HEVC files. I purchased the official app from MS store, but I it doesn't appear to work. I found a 3rd party converter and I am able to see my HEIC pictures, however I can't view my videos. Are there converters for videos? I changed the settings on my phone so I shouldn't have to deal with this in the future...

:)

mikencvb, Oct 5, 2020
  2. sissyfras Win User

HVEC Video Extension won't install

Hello, I recently bought the HVEC Video Extension so i could open files to edit a video on Adobe Premiere Pro for a customer. After many attempts and restarts whenever i click the button to install it doesnt work or open anything. Im fairly certain other
    people have experienced the same problems, So im not sure if this is just my computer acting up or if it is a problem with the app. I have basically just been scammed.

sissyfras, Oct 5, 2020
  3. Cannot install Edge extension Translator

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with installing Edge extension translator. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

• Open Powershell as admin.
    • Type: "Get-AppxPackage *pocket* | Remove-AppxPackage" without the quotes this will unsintall pocket. You can try skipping step 3.
    • Type: "Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}" without the quotes.

this will reinstall all stock apps including the Windows Store
    • Now you should be able to install Pocket through the Windows Store.

Note: Replace *pocket* in step 2 with *extensionname* (example: pocket extension).

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Ankit Rajput, Oct 5, 2020
  4. HVEC extension purchased and installed, but not working

Cannot install extensions in Edge

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I appreciate your time.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Open Powershell as admin.
    • Type: "Get-AppxPackage *pocket* | Remove-AppxPackage" without the quotes this will unsintall pocket. You can try skipping step 3.
    • Type: "Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}" without the quotes.

this will reinstall all stock apps including the Windows Store
    • Now you should be able to install Pocket through the Windows Store.
    Note: Replace *pocket* in step 2 with *extensionname* (example: pocket extension).

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Ankit Rajput, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

HVEC extension purchased and installed, but not working

1. HVEC extension purchased and installed, but not working - Similar Threads - HVEC extension purchased

2. HVEC Video Extension purchase won’t install. How can I resolve?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HVEC Video Extension purchase won’t install. How can I resolve?: Hi there. I’m transferring photos from iPhone to pc and some are in HEIC format. On trying to open the photo it says to purchase the HVEC extension from Microsoft store. I’ve done this but when I hit ‘install’ nothing’s happening. I’ve read some other threads but these aren’t...
  3. HVEC Video Extension purchase won’t install. How can I resolve?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HVEC Video Extension purchase won’t install. How can I resolve?: Hi there. I’m transferring photos from iPhone to pc and some are in HEIC format. On trying to open the photo it says to purchase the HVEC extension from Microsoft store. I’ve done this but when I hit ‘install’ nothing’s happening. I’ve read some other threads but these aren’t...
  4. HEVC video extension. is not working after purchase.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEVC video extension. is not working after purchase.: I've Purchased HEVC video extension from Microsoft Store. Still, the media player is saying- "We can't open sequence 01.mp4. This may be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupted." Please help me....
  5. HEVC video extension. is not working after purchase.

HEVC video extension. is not working after purchase.: I've Purchased HEVC video extension from Microsoft Store. Still, the media player is saying- "We can't open sequence 01.mp4. This may be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupted." Please help me....
  6. Why am I unable to buy HVEC Extension?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I unable to buy HVEC Extension?: I have the money, I can use my PayPal or Debit Card but Microsoft doesn't seem want to accept them? I tried authorizing my Microsoft Account why does it still seem to be a problem? How do I do this, I really need the Extension so I could edit my videos....
  7. Why am I unable to buy HVEC Extension?

Why am I unable to buy HVEC Extension?: I have the money, I can use my PayPal or Debit Card but Microsoft doesn't seem want to accept them? I tried authorizing my Microsoft Account why does it still seem to be a problem? How do I do this, I really need the Extension so I could edit my videos....
  8. HEVC Extension Purchase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEVC Extension Purchase: I have purchased the Windows HEVC extension , received the email confirming purchase. There is no link supplied of information as to how to install it. Can anyone help me?Thank you...
  9. HEVC Extension Purchase

HEVC Extension Purchase: I have purchased the Windows HEVC extension , received the email confirming purchase. There is no link supplied of information as to how to install it. Can anyone help me?Thank you...
  10. Error 0xC002001B when trying to install HVEC Video Extensions from Device Manufacturer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error 0xC002001B when trying to install HVEC Video Extensions from Device Manufacturer: My system details are at the bottom. As the title says, the Microsoft Store app gives an error 0xC002001B when I try to install: ms-windows-store://pdp/?ProductId=9n4wgh0z6vhqfor the purpose of using/processing GoPro videos in RaceRender and other video tools.I have two other...