Windows 10: Hw to find which files are affected by a bad sector?

Discus and support Hw to find which files are affected by a bad sector? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've just cloned one hard drive to another using Acronis True Image (I've done this many times before). This time I had a handful of bad sector errors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WinTenner, Jul 8, 2020.

1. WinTenner Win User

Hw to find which files are affected by a bad sector?

I've just cloned one hard drive to another using Acronis True Image (I've done this many times before).

This time I had a handful of bad sector errors on the source drive which I had to ignore in order for the cloning process to continue.

I have the bad sector numbers, how can I use these to find out which files are affected?

I also checked Event Viewer and it of course reports Bad Block in a few places which must correspond to the sector errors but of course there's still no indication of which files are affected.

Thanks

:)

WinTenner, Jul 8, 2020
  2. CountMike Win User

I game alot..what component makes me lag? memory, graphcard/videocard

Not all games would have same impact on HW performance. Some are more processor and some more graphic oriented. I'd suggest finding exact HW list and then check on particular games sites to see what is minimal and what is recommended/optimal HW requirements. In addition, there are some games that would give a mainframe computer a good workout because of bad coding.

CountMike, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Hw to find which files are affected by a bad sector?

Hidden Window: CNQMMAIN>EXE - Bad Image error message

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Furthermore, a bad Image error occurs if there's an interruption to the system process or a corrupted file that affects the system. To isolate the issue, we suggest that you run the
    System File Checker (SFC) tool. It's a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows
    system files and restore corrupted files.

You may also check the answer from Andre Da Costa in this
    thread
    regarding Hidden Window: CNQMMAIN.EXE - Bad Image error message.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

Hw to find which files are affected by a bad sector?

1. Hw to find which files are affected by a bad sector? - Similar Threads - find files are

2. Bad Sectors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad Sectors: Hi, my HDD has bad sectors and my os is just ubuntu , Can I fix them via windows 10 media disk chkdsk without any change my ubuntu system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bad-sectors/aada8c97-4e9c-4afe-b1b3-2c4494039794
  3. Bad Sectors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad Sectors: Hi, my HDD has bad sectors and my os is just ubuntu , Can I fix them via windows 10 media disk chkdsk without any change my ubuntu system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bad-sectors/aada8c97-4e9c-4afe-b1b3-2c4494039794
  4. Hard drive, bad sectors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard drive, bad sectors: I have a HDD that has bad sectors. I plan to buy SSD to replace it. But can I still use that HDD to install games? I only plan to put the operating system in the SSD, or do you have any tips that will help to fix those bad sectors aside form chkdsk /f /r /x C: also, here is...
  5. Bad sectors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bad sectors: Windows replaced bad clusters in file CD of name windows\System32\LogFiles\WMI GAMING 3. ETL. Windows replaced bad clusters in file 365 of name \PROGRA-2\INCRED-1\Logs\BUILDS-1. LOG....
  6. Temporary Fix for Bad Sectors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Temporary Fix for Bad Sectors: I have an HDD on my laptop with lots of bad sectors (CrystalDiskInfo said that my HDD is already in bad condition), I'm going to get a free replacement but I can't afford to have a day without a laptop for now, since the replacement will take 4-14 days. I also don't have any...
  7. Help With Bad Sectors

Help With Bad Sectors: I've been having some problems with my hard drive, and I need some help. I need to know if there is a way to fix or delete the bad sectors and clone the drive to a new one (tried a few cloning softwares but none work). Another note is that when I try chkdsk the ETA keeps...
  8. Chkdsk finds no bad sectors but Crystaldiskinfo does. Who is right?

Chkdsk finds no bad sectors but Crystaldiskinfo does. Who is right?: I'm really confused with this. I've reformatted my drive D: to clear them from bad sectors from chkdsk which it did fortunately. However Crystaldiskinfo and HDtunepro still find that I have bad sectors. Whaaaaat? submitted by /u/Zenith23-5 [link] [comments]...
  9. Bad sectors in HDD question

Bad sectors in HDD question: I got a new HDD Seagate Barracuda 1 TB this August 2019. And now I have 2016 bad sectors in it. My previous WD 1 TB HDD which was 1 year old also failed due to bad sectors. I wanted to ask why my new HDDs getting bad sectors so quickly. I shut down my pc properly and I do...
  10. Bad sectors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bad sectors: Hi I was just wondering if there were bad sectors on a hard drive, would replacing it help because ive tried checking disk and scanning it and tried to fix it with command prompt but it doesnt seem to work....