Windows 10: HW Upgrade--Plan for license

Discus and support HW Upgrade--Plan for license in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm about to upgrade hardware and need to make sure I have a plan that will allow me to keep my valid license across the upgrade.I found the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JMirman, May 17, 2023.

1. JMirman Win User

HW Upgrade--Plan for license

I'm about to upgrade hardware and need to make sure I have a plan that will allow me to keep my valid license across the upgrade.I found the command:slmgr /dlvWhich displays:Windows Script HostSoftware licensing versionNameDescription: WindowsR Core editionDescription: WindowsR Operating System, RETAIL channelActivation IDApplication IDExtended PIDProduct Key Channel: RetailInstallation IDUse License URLPartial Product KeyLicense Status: LicensedRemaining Windows rearm countRemaining SKU rearm countTrusted timeI screen-capped this all above data.Is this everything I will need if I have t

:)

JMirman, May 17, 2023
  2. xkm1948 Win User

List your Spec and a one year update plan

As the title suggests. List out your main rig's spec and then illustrate out what you plan to upgrade within the next 12 months. I am talking REAL planned upgrades, not day dreaming of filling up your machine with 4 TitanXp and etc.

xkm1948, May 17, 2023
  3. Are these the correct steps to reinstall Win10 after a full HW upgrade?

Hi,

I guess my to do list is fine then. When I briefly had Win10 back in 2016, I didn't have a Microsoft account, so I guess it linked the license to my HW back then. So if I now reinstall it on the current HW, I can link the digital license to my MS account,
    which I will be able to use again after the HW change. And I'd like to do clean reinstall on the new HW, just to be sure that it will continue working without any glitches. Maybe I could do the formatting after the new rig is up, as Win10 should still work
    better or worse, after the whole HW was swapped under it.

Thanks so far.

DánielPrim, May 17, 2023
  4. John Fer Win User

Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, May 17, 2023
Thema:

1. HW Upgrade--Plan for license - Similar Threads - Upgrade Plan license

2. HW change and win11 upgrade triggered a not-activated issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HW change and win11 upgrade triggered a not-activated issue: hi, i recently purchased a new motherboard, cpu to finally upgrade my workstation from Win10 pro to win11 pro.Since my license is digital, and connected to my online microsoft account, support chat told me that i only need to reinstall win11 on my new HW, login and activation...
  3. HW change and win11 upgrade triggered a not-activated issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HW change and win11 upgrade triggered a not-activated issue: hi, i recently purchased a new motherboard, cpu to finally upgrade my workstation from Win10 pro to win11 pro.Since my license is digital, and connected to my online microsoft account, support chat told me that i only need to reinstall win11 on my new HW, login and activation...
  4. HW Upgrade--Plan for license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HW Upgrade--Plan for license: I'm about to upgrade hardware and need to make sure I have a plan that will allow me to keep my valid license across the upgrade.I found the command:slmgr /dlvWhich displays:Windows Script HostSoftware licensing versionNameDescription: WindowsR Core editionDescription:...
  5. HW Upgrade--Plan for license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HW Upgrade--Plan for license: I'm about to upgrade hardware and need to make sure I have a plan that will allow me to keep my valid license across the upgrade.I found the command:slmgr /dlvWhich displays:Windows Script HostSoftware licensing versionNameDescription: WindowsR Core editionDescription:...
  6. Planning to Upgrade hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Planning to Upgrade hardware: I'm planning to upgrade my HDD within the next few weeks, and I wanted to make sure that I can install Windows. I have what I believe is the Windows 7 product key I found it written down but upgraded to Windows 10 when it was available. However, when I tried to download the...
  7. Windows activation after significant HW upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation after significant HW upgrade: Hello all, Error 0xC004F213 My windows 10 pro is retail version my Windows 10 is free upgrade from Windows 7 and Windows 7 not pre-install version and My Microsoft account is linked to digital licence, but when I try to reactive Windows after hardware changeinclude...
  8. Win10 Upgrade Plans

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Upgrade Plans: I’ve been a win10 Insider from the beginning but I still use win7Pro(x64) on my 2 home Desktop puters. My win10 insider version is installed (19037.1) on an older test machine I built some years ago. Rather than upgrade to win10 over my current win7 puters, I would like to...
  9. Plan to upgrade PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Plan to upgrade PC: Hi Folks, I have Windows 10 Home 64 bit installed in my PC and the specs are E5800 Intel Dual Core Procie 4GB ram Asrock board and plan to upgrade to A4 7300 AMD Procie 8GB ram Gigabyte board I know it's a long shot (or anyone else have same experience) but do I...
  10. BSOD after windows upgrade and hw changes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after windows upgrade and hw changes: Hello for about 5 days I'm experiencing very weird computer actions. Everything started while testing cap of maximum OC for i5-4670k pc didn't boot up and BIOS corrupt message appeared but fixed itself and when random BSOD crashes started including kb drivers crashing on me...