Windows 10: Hwinfo

Discus and support Hwinfo in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use hwinfo to control fan speed, it works really well when you set the auto boot option in settings. The problem is that when the pc returns from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jamos316, Sep 21, 2016.

1. jamos316 Win User

Hwinfo

I use hwinfo to control fan speed, it works really well when you set the auto boot option in settings. The problem is that when the pc returns from sleep it forgets the fam settings and returns to default settings.
    I have just switched from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and this wasn't an issue on Windows 7.

Anyone know what's going on and how to fix this.

Thanks in advance

:)

jamos316, Sep 21, 2016

2. I dont know what my video card is. Can anyone help me?

Might try GPU-Z or HWInfo

leopard_jumps, Sep 21, 2016
  3. TheShojin Win User
    Updated to Windows 10 v1703 - certain apps crashing on open

Nope. Didn't make any difference.

I uninstalled HWiNFO and KeyTweak with Revo Uninstaller Pro. MSKLC and SharpKeys were not installed. Then I restarted and ran sfc /scannow: it reported no problems.

Trying to install HWiNFO crashes explorer.exe.

KeyTweak installs but crashes on open. Windows scans to find the problem and finds nothing.

MSKLC crashes on install after pressing the Setup button. Windows scans and finds nothing.

SharpKeys crashes explorer.exe on opening the install file, same as HWiNFO.

TheShojin, Sep 21, 2016
  4. Plankton Win User

Hwinfo

What version of HWiNFO64 are you using? The latest version is: 5.36-2960.

Plankton, Sep 21, 2016
  5. jamos316 Win User
    sorry for the late response, the version is latest stable build: hwinfo64 5.36-2960

if i restart it seems to remember the sensor settings fine its only when the pc goes to sleep after wake up i find that the sensors are reset to the default.
    again ill say that when i had this running before upgrading from 7 to 10 it seem to work fine even after sleep.
    is there something i have to check that will stop windows from losing its memory when in sleep mode?

jamos316, Sep 21, 2016
  6. jamos316 Win User
    An update. Have just realised that although the sensors go back to the default settings when woken from sleep if I simply exit the program then go back in it will go back to how it was.

Any ideas

jamos316, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Hwinfo

1. Hwinfo - Similar Threads - Hwinfo

2. Logfile from HWinfo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logfile from HWinfo: I have a log file from HWinfo and i am hoping someone can read it and help me understand what was going on at the time i was playing borderlands 3 when i had a crashhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1VD0-ws_jkAaBHOV5-WaCvdNf0F7FhoTb/view?usp=sharing...
  3. Logfile from HWinfo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logfile from HWinfo: I have a log file from HWinfo and i am hoping someone can read it and help me understand what was going on at the time i was playing borderlands 3 when i had a crashhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1VD0-ws_jkAaBHOV5-WaCvdNf0F7FhoTb/view?usp=sharing...
  4. Cannot install the HWiNFO driver on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot install the HWiNFO driver on Windows 11: [IMG]Many Windows users reported that the HWiNFO driver is not installing or working on their computers. As per the error message, Windows fails to install the driver in question. However, the users were not really trying to install the driver; instead, they just wanted to...
  5. HELP Can someone please look at my Dump Files and also HWinfo to make sure my system is...

HELP Can someone please look at my Dump Files and also HWinfo to make sure my system is...: I recently changed some cables within my system for aesthetics purposes to make my pc look nicer. Using Cablemods which is a reputable brand. I noticed after i was done and after i uploaded nvidias new driver i crashed instantly and got a HYPERVISOR ERROR. Please look at my...
  6. HELP Can someone please look at my Dump Files and also HWinfo to make sure my system is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP Can someone please look at my Dump Files and also HWinfo to make sure my system is...: I recently changed some cables within my system for aesthetics purposes to make my pc look nicer. Using Cablemods which is a reputable brand. I noticed after i was done and after i uploaded nvidias new driver i crashed instantly and got a HYPERVISOR ERROR. Please look at my...
  7. When i open any apps on windows (such as hwinfo) i will be able to see it but then it will...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When i open any apps on windows (such as hwinfo) i will be able to see it but then it will...: I restarted my pc about an hour ago and thats when i started having this issue. I cant even open the control panel without it freezing and closing. Things like discord and chrome will stay open and work so what has happened? Also, i have tried uninstalling the windows version...
  8. Rainmeter GPU Gadget small problem...HWiNFO not detected!!!

Rainmeter GPU Gadget small problem...HWiNFO not detected!!!: Hello i got a small problem with the rainmeter application, to be short it detect with "HWiNFO64" and the "HWiNFO shared memory viewer.exe" all infos used for my processor gadget but when it comes to the GPU gadget... it says that "HWiNFO" is not detected all settings into...
  9. Harddisk failure or not? Windows can't see it, hwinfo can see it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Harddisk failure or not? Windows can't see it, hwinfo can see it: I've tried the pool function in windows,and after a month something happened. Read errors occured, and I finally found ut that a drive was "error" (that's all, no warning or anything, I had to manually check the pool configuration to see this) I suspected that the drive had...
  10. HWiNFO 6.30

HWiNFO 6.30: New HWiNFO 6.30 now has Dark mode support for Windows 10 Download HWiNFO 6.30 [img] [img] 163446