Windows 10: Hybrid boot/fast startup causing system to reboot after shutdown.

Discus and support Hybrid boot/fast startup causing system to reboot after shutdown. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently I have observed that my system reboots after 1 sec when booting up. This happens only when I use Shutdown. I disabled the Fast Startup and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gaurav, Sep 2, 2015.

1. gaurav Win User

Hybrid boot/fast startup causing system to reboot after shutdown.

Recently I have observed that my system reboots after 1 sec when booting up.
    This happens only when I use Shutdown.
    I disabled the Fast Startup and now it boots correctly but very slow but that is predictable since it hybrid boot was disabled.
    I have windows 10 Home and latest AMD drivers.
    Help me out please.

:)

gaurav, Sep 2, 2015
  2. slance310 Win User

I installed windows 10 3 days ago and every morning my PC requires a hard start

Hi,

Most people end up with Fast Startup causing a problem as the result of some type of driver that isn't quite right...

The settings for the Power Button and Sleep are unrelated to Fast Startup...

Fast Startup is a type of hybrid Hibernation...

In your case, Fast Startup is not starting your machine fast... Not if you have to forcibly shutdown before it will complete a boot...

slance310, Sep 2, 2015
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    Windows won't shut down or sleep after 1709 update (aka, fall creators update)

Regarding the query about Meltdown and Spectre,
    Microsoft is currently working with AMD and
    Intel
    to patch possible software program holes. Slowed system is a possible side effect of this patch since what we are trying to do is covering hardware flaws using software revisions. We're currently doing our best to reduce these side effects on
    the lowest percentage.

Now, regarding your issue with PC not shutting down, the known cause of this is the possible errors caused by
    Hybrid Shutdown feature on Windows 10. Hybrid Shutdown
    decreases the PC's shutdown time, same as Fast Startup speeding up the PC's boot time. If Fast Startup is enabled, Hybrid Shutdown is automatically enabled. Since you are encountering shutdown issues, we recommend disabling
    the Fast Startup/Hybrid Shutdown. To do so, follow these steps:

• On the Search box, search and open Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power button does.
    • Uncheck Turn on fast startup.
    • Save the changes and try shutting down your PC again.

Let us know how the troubleshooting methods goes or if you need further assistance.

Allan Mej, Sep 2, 2015
Thema:

Hybrid boot/fast startup causing system to reboot after shutdown.

1. Hybrid boot/fast startup causing system to reboot after shutdown. - Similar Threads - Hybrid boot fast

2. Fast startup causing my laptop to turn on after being shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fast startup causing my laptop to turn on after being shutdown: my laptop was working fine until suddenly, when fast startup is on, whenever i click shut down, my laptop, after shutting down, automatically boots right back up? how to fix this issue?...
  3. Fast startup causing my laptop to turn on after being shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fast startup causing my laptop to turn on after being shutdown: my laptop was working fine until suddenly, when fast startup is on, whenever i click shut down, my laptop, after shutting down, automatically boots right back up? how to fix this issue?...
  4. Shutdown won't with Fast Startup fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutdown won't with Fast Startup fix: After restart and modify regedit / group policy / power management I found this solution : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/deployment/fast-startup-causes-system-hibernation-shutdown-failTo fix the bug of the Fast Startup just run this :Shutdown /s...
  5. System is slow at restarting, but fast at shutdown and startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    System is slow at restarting, but fast at shutdown and startup: [ATTACH] I have newly installed a system. Since I installed the system. The restart time keeps around 15 mins. The shutdown time is around 10s, as is the startup. This PC uses an SSD as system drive, and have 8G DDR4 RAM. I installed the upgrades. disabled the fast...
  6. Fast Boot / Hybrid Boot stopped working, driver-issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fast Boot / Hybrid Boot stopped working, driver-issue?: For years I had Fast Boot disabled because I only had a 120gb SSD and wanted to save space by not having the hibernation-file eating more. Now that I moved to a 512gb SSD I reenabled Fast Boot and it worked great for a few days but now when I shut down my PC Windows seemingly...
  7. Win 10 reboots on shutdown with fast boot enabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 reboots on shutdown with fast boot enabled: when ever i power or go to hibernation mode my laptop freezes on a black screen for a couple of seconds and then reboots instead of powering off. Now i read something about this issue with Enduro laptops (Dual video cards) and im indeed a enduro laptop, But i can find the...
  8. Fast startup causes shutdown problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast startup causes shutdown problem: Turning off Fast startup under Choose what pushing power button solves a shudown problem. Besides cache, what is Windows anniversary sending to the disk before it actually SHUTSDOWN? 64976
  9. Question about fast boot/hybrid shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about fast boot/hybrid shutdown: I know some people disable fast boot/hybrid shutdown but I tend to leave as much of Windows at default as possible (apart from system restore - why does MS disable that by default?!!!) anyway, I wonder if the hiberfil.sys file on shutdown gets rewritten from scratch on...
  10. Can't do hybrid shutdown, despite enabled fast boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't do hybrid shutdown, despite enabled fast boot: Hello everyone. I'm writing this thread because I'm facing a behaviour of my computer I would like to change or fix, but I don't know how I should do any of these. The operating system I use is Windows 10 Home 1709 (Fall Creators Update). The undesired behaviour is that,...