Windows 10: Hybrid drive

Discus and support Hybrid drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I ''had' a 4tb game drive before the big windows 10 update last week. New Windows 10 says it is 'unknown' 'not initialized' in disk manager. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EdwardAnderson2, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Hybrid drive

I ''had' a 4tb game drive before the big windows 10 update last week. New Windows 10 says it is 'unknown' 'not initialized' in disk manager. I tried to initialize the disk, it failed. I tried rebuilding the partition using a 3rrd party software called AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition 7.1, can't. My 4 tb hard drive shows as 0.00kb in AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition 7.1. did windows just hosed my drive? oh yeah, it is an internal drive. Worked flawlessly before the update. During the update it hanged at 50% for 5 hours. I looked on a website it said to reset and try again. so I did. Was that wrong? should i- have let it stay on 50% forever? The number stayed on 50, not going up for a long time.

:)

EdwardAnderson2, Sep 9, 2018
  2. puttycoat Win User

seagate hybrid drive

I have a Seagate hybrid drive that is labeled ssd and because of that I am unable to defag the drive. can this be fixed?

puttycoat, Sep 9, 2018
  3. BillB2003 Win User
    Difficulty upgrading to Windows 10 on a hybrid drive

Hi BeffernieBlack,

Thanks so much for posting this! As it turns out, I have two Asus laptops - both were identical at time of purchase. The one that I modded has the hybrid drive and an additional regular drive where the cd/dvd drive used to be, and the other is unchanged.
    The modded laptop with the hybrid drive updated to W10 no problem at all, the one that I did not mod wouldn't update to W10, giving the USB error in this thread.

I changed the registry as you suggested, except I found that the value of PortableOperatingSystem was currently set to '1'. I changed it to '0', and the upgrade was literally effortless from there.

Thanks again!

BillB2003, Sep 9, 2018
  4. 'RickT Win User

Hybrid drive

Cannot Upgrade to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition (1607) with a Hybrid System Drive ???

Hi Mike,

Concerning your hybrid drive; have you contacted the manufacturer ? They may have some suggestions.

'RickT, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

Hybrid drive

1. Hybrid drive - Similar Threads - Hybrid drive

2. Seagate hybrid external drive does not appear to power up or showing up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seagate hybrid external drive does not appear to power up or showing up in file explorer: Hi,I bought this Seagate external 4tb drive FIVE months ago from Amazon.It has been the only place I have kept regular back up files since.Last week my motherboard asus and Primary internal drive kingston gave up life. I went to the external drive only to find it also has no...
  3. Seagate hybrid external drive does not appear to power up or showing up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seagate hybrid external drive does not appear to power up or showing up in file explorer: Hi,I bought this Seagate external 4tb drive FIVE months ago from Amazon.It has been the only place I have kept regular back up files since.Last week my motherboard asus and Primary internal drive kingston gave up life. I went to the external drive only to find it also has no...
  4. Two drives show after replacing hybrid SSD/HDD with a single SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two drives show after replacing hybrid SSD/HDD with a single SSD: I recently encountered a SMART failure predicted for my 1 TB hard drive that was part of a 256MB SSD and 1TB HDD hybrid in my HP Pavillion laptop. After doing some verification to confirm it was indeed a hard drive issue, I ended up ordering a replacement 1TB SSD and using...
  5. Two drives show after replacing hybrid SSD/HDD with a single SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two drives show after replacing hybrid SSD/HDD with a single SSD: I recently encountered a SMART failure predicted for my 1 TB hard drive that was part of a 256MB SSD and 1TB HDD hybrid in my HP Pavillion laptop. After doing some verification to confirm it was indeed a hard drive issue, I ended up ordering a replacement 1TB SSD and using...
  6. Two drives show after replacing hybrid SSD/HDD with a single SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Two drives show after replacing hybrid SSD/HDD with a single SSD

8. The boot partition is located on a mechanical or hybrid drive. Moving the system to an SSD...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The boot partition is located on a mechanical or hybrid drive. Moving the system to an SSD...: How does one actually do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-boot-partition-is-located-on-a-mechanical-or/7bbedd7e-afef-4e08-9282-0bb3edb00687
  9. The boot partition is located on a mechanical or hybrid drive. Moving the system to an SSD...

The boot partition is located on a mechanical or hybrid drive. Moving the system to an SSD...: How does one actually do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-boot-partition-is-located-on-a-mechanical-or/7bbedd7e-afef-4e08-9282-0bb3edb00687
  10. The boot partition is located on a mechanical or hybrid drive. Moving the system to an SSD...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 2 tb firecuda sshd compatibility with win10