Windows 10: Hybrid drive

Discus and support Hybrid drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I ''had' a 4tb game drive before the big windows 10 update last week. New Windows 10 says it is 'unknown' 'not initialized' in disk manager. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EdwardAnderson2, Sep 9, 2018.

1. EdwardAnderson2 Win User

Hybrid drive

I ''had' a 4tb game drive before the big windows 10 update last week. New Windows 10 says it is 'unknown' 'not initialized' in disk manager. I tried to initialize the disk, it failed. I tried rebuilding the partition using a 3rrd party software called AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition 7.1, can't. My 4 tb hard drive shows as 0.00kb in AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition 7.1. did windows just hosed my drive? oh yeah, it is an internal drive. Worked flawlessly before the update. During the update it hanged at 50% for 5 hours. I looked on a website it said to reset and try again. so I did. Was that wrong? should i- have let it stay on 50% forever? The number stayed on 50, not going up for a long time.

:)

EdwardAnderson2, Sep 9, 2018
  2. puttycoat Win User

seagate hybrid drive

I have a Seagate hybrid drive that is labeled ssd and because of that I am unable to defag the drive. can this be fixed?

puttycoat, Sep 9, 2018
  3. BillB2003 Win User
    Difficulty upgrading to Windows 10 on a hybrid drive

Hi BeffernieBlack,

Thanks so much for posting this! As it turns out, I have two Asus laptops - both were identical at time of purchase. The one that I modded has the hybrid drive and an additional regular drive where the cd/dvd drive used to be, and the other is unchanged.
    The modded laptop with the hybrid drive updated to W10 no problem at all, the one that I did not mod wouldn't update to W10, giving the USB error in this thread.

I changed the registry as you suggested, except I found that the value of PortableOperatingSystem was currently set to '1'. I changed it to '0', and the upgrade was literally effortless from there.

Thanks again!

BillB2003, Sep 9, 2018
  4. 'RickT Win User

Hybrid drive

Cannot Upgrade to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition (1607) with a Hybrid System Drive ???

Hi Mike,

Concerning your hybrid drive; have you contacted the manufacturer ? They may have some suggestions.

'RickT, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

Hybrid drive

1. Hybrid drive - Similar Threads - Hybrid drive

2. What are the steps to Installing Windows 10 on a Seagate Hybrid 2TB HD with SSHD;

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What are the steps to Installing Windows 10 on a Seagate Hybrid 2TB HD with SSHD;: What are the specific steps for a new Winddows 10 install on a Hybrid 2 TB HD with 256 GB SSHD? What files should be loaded into the SSHD? And when in the process? Original HD is still functioning but due to upgrade from Win 7 Win 8, Win 8.1 and Win 10 the HD has multiple...
  3. 1803 Issue: Hybrid laptop with Discrete GPU Connected to Display

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1803 Issue: Hybrid laptop with Discrete GPU Connected to Display: Do not go around the block: - Microsoft Community Side effects include not being able to wake from sleep. Go Back to 1709 under Settings > Update & security > Recovery
  4. Windows 10 pro version 1709 Audio inop seems like after Hybrid sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 pro version 1709 Audio inop seems like after Hybrid sleep: Hi, Since upgrading to Windows 10 Pro (Desktop) my audio seems to fail. Seems to happen after the computer comes out of Hybrid Sleep. I have Nvidia HDMI Audio for my Onkyo Receiver and Microsoft Bluetooth driver for my Bluetooth Headphones. Many times I have to go back to...
  5. Enabling Hybrid Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Enabling Hybrid Sleep: Hello all! I hope to be a frequent contributor but I joined specifically to try and find a definitive answer to a question that I cannot find fully answered anywhere. I want my Windows 10 HP All-In-One desktop to enter hybrid sleep after I'm through with my work and be...
  6. Remover Power Supply during Hibernation or Hybrid Sleep?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Remover Power Supply during Hibernation or Hybrid Sleep?: Hello all, I have 3 questions regarding putting a PC into a lower energystate. 1. Can the PC be damaged if I turn off and remove the Power Supply and opening the case to clean the PC, while the PC is in Hibernation Mode instead of having it fully shut down? 2. I've...
  7. Hybrid Laptop/Tablet

in Windows 10 Support
    Hybrid Laptop/Tablet: So first, I don't know if this is the correct board for posting this. If its not, then forgive me and please move this topic where it should be. Now, as a student, I bought 2-3 months ago a quite nice computer for its price - and good enough for my daily requirements....
  8. Computer reboots constantly after waking up from hybrid sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer reboots constantly after waking up from hybrid sleep: When I sometimes wake the computer up from hybrid sleep, it reboots constantly until I would turn off the PSU and turn it on back again and then I power on my PC and it boots normally Why is this issue happening? 79244
  9. Question about fast boot/hybrid shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about fast boot/hybrid shutdown: I know some people disable fast boot/hybrid shutdown but I tend to leave as much of Windows at default as possible (apart from system restore - why does MS disable that by default?!!!) anyway, I wonder if the hiberfil.sys file on shutdown gets rewritten from scratch on...
  10. Can't do hybrid shutdown, despite enabled fast boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't do hybrid shutdown, despite enabled fast boot: Hello everyone. I'm writing this thread because I'm facing a behaviour of my computer I would like to change or fix, but I don't know how I should do any of these. The operating system I use is Windows 10 Home 1709 (Fall Creators Update). The undesired behaviour is that,...