Windows 10: Hybrid Graphics Notebook. Should I let Windows Update update drivers?

Discus and support Hybrid Graphics Notebook. Should I let Windows Update update drivers? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Here is my Lenovo IdeaPad 330s-15ikb 81F500GYHV with Intel Core i5-8250u, Intel UHD 620 and AMD Radeon 540 switchable hybrid graphic system I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ish4d0w, Jun 13, 2021.

1. ish4d0w Win User

Hybrid Graphics Notebook. Should I let Windows Update update drivers?

Here is my Lenovo IdeaPad 330s-15ikb 81F500GYHV with Intel Core i5-8250u, Intel UHD 620 and AMD Radeon 540 switchable hybrid graphic system I have installed the recommended drivers from Lenovo.com , precisely from HERE (serial number omitted, but should still refer to the very same branch my model is from, with the exactly same hardware). The drivers there are very old (almost 3 years old) BUT still work well, no issues detected, apart from battery drain which can be caused by just about anything else as well. But still, Windows Update is trying to shovel new drivers into my face. They are not optional, this thing wants to install it immediately once I go to a non-restricted WiFi hotspot. (or unless I disable driver updates via group policy, of course) Should I let Windows Update update my graphics drivers? What kind of drivers would it install? It seems I have an OEM customized Intel driver!!! I know that the driver it wants to install is also from 2019 so it is not very new. But newer than whats on lenovo.com I'm on the stable 21H1 release of Windows. HOWEVER, if I go to the beta or even dev ring of windows insider, then it would want to install even newer drivers, that are current 2021 fresh drivers. How about those? How does this driver update feature actually work in Windows Update? I read that it takes into consideration if I have OEM customized drivers and would only replace it if it deems it to be better. But is that so? 19043.1055

:)

ish4d0w, Jun 13, 2021

2. Windows 10 upgrade fail BSOD - AMD/Intel Hybrid (Switchable) Graphics - Sony Vaio SVE14A26C

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Windows 10 will run on a PC with AMD/Intel Hybrid (Switchable) graphics.

Since Sony has confirmed that you might face BSOD with AMD/Intel Hybrid (Switchable) Graphics SVE14A* computer model. I would suggest you to disable one of the graphic card driver and then try upgrading to Windows 10 and check.

For disabling one of the graphic card follow the steps .

Uninstall the Device Drivers :

a) Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b) Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c) Search for the Graphics Card device from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove
    the corrupted drivers from the computer.

d) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted

Hope it helps.

Reply us back with the update of the issue.

Thank you.

Akheel Ahmed, Jun 13, 2021
  3. Hybrid Graphics windows April 1803 update

Its likely referring to hybrid graphics such as Intel HD integrated graphics part plus a discrete graphics such as your nVidia graphics adapter.

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand display adapter

Do you see two graphics adapters listed?

Andre Da Costa, Jun 13, 2021
  4. btarunr Win User

NVIDIA Adds Windows 8 to GeForce Driver Update Stack

AMD may have been the first to be out with drivers for its Radeon GPUs that are optimized for Windows 8 (WDDM 1.2), but NVIDIA went a step ahead of "special-releases" for its GeForce drivers, and added Windows 8 to its update stack, meaning that Windows 8 will feature in the list of operating systems to pick from, to download drivers. NVIDIA will constantly update these drivers along with mainline releases for Windows 7/Vista and XP. The latest such driver is 296.17. This driver supports GeForce and Quadro GPUs, and according to NVIDIA, is a quick-update over 295.73 WHQL, with the addition of performance optimization for Blacklight: Retribution.

Hybrid Graphics Notebook. Should I let Windows Update update drivers? 152a_thm.jpg

Source: VR-Zone

btarunr, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Hybrid Graphics Notebook. Should I let Windows Update update drivers? - Similar Threads - Hybrid Graphics Notebook

2. should i update the driver ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    should i update the driver ?: but i read this section make me worry to update it,because maybe some trouble come when i finish the update, or i just stay with my driver laptop because last update is from windows 10 so i am confused...
  3. should i update the driver ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    should i update the driver ?: but i read this section make me worry to update it,because maybe some trouble come when i finish the update, or i just stay with my driver laptop because last update is from windows 10 so i am confused...
  4. graphics driver updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    graphics driver updates: Are there any available driver updates for my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-driver-updates/417fd5f7-5670-4dac-8506-d584e97e84ac
  5. Should I update or not? (Intel/AMD Hybrid Switchable Graphics)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Should I update or not? (Intel/AMD Hybrid Switchable Graphics): Hello! I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330s-15ikb 81F500GYHV series notebook with Intel Core i5-8250u and AMD Radeon 540 graphics. These are seperate chips on the mainboard, they are not built into just one like some newer Intel chips come with an embedded AMD GPU. This one is not...
  6. Should I disable hybrid shutdown ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I disable hybrid shutdown ?: I have Windows 10 version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1016). I haven't done much reading on this but I do it on intuition. I always hibernate my laptop so that it starts up faster. In order for a better health of my laptop, once a week, I restart it. Whenever I shut down my laptop,...
  7. Should I update graphics driver? Lenovo Ideapad 330s-15ikb

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Should I update graphics driver? Lenovo Ideapad 330s-15ikb: Hello, I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330s-15ikb model and I was wondering if I should update my graphics drivers? I got a notification that new general drivers are available but I'm not sure if I should update or not. (I'm not sure if I am using general drivers or OEM ones) The...
  8. Should I update graphics driver? Lenovo Ideapad 330s-15ikb

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Should I update graphics driver? Lenovo Ideapad 330s-15ikb: Hello, I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330s-15ikb model and I was wondering if I should update my graphics drivers? I got a notification that new general drivers are available but I'm not sure if I should update or not. (I'm not sure if I am using general drivers or OEM ones) The...
  9. Should I update driver or not?

Should I update driver or not?: In Device Manager under Network Adapter I have the Realtek PCIe Gbe Family Controller. The date of the driver is 9/4/2015 so it is quite an old driver but it states that "this device is working properly" and I'm having absolutely no issues or problems with it at all. Its a...
  10. Updating graphics driver

Updating graphics driver: How do I update Windows 10 graphics driver from 23.21.13.9125 to 24.21.13.9924? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-graphics-driver/19329e05-e070-446c-aec2-b3823b5fd277