Windows 10: hybrid shutdown kernel size

Discus and support hybrid shutdown kernel size in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hiberfil.sys size is fix. windows 10 hybrid shutdown save only kernel memory. But what is the amount of this memory? In task manager i read "Kernel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by taten, Jan 29, 2016.

1. taten Win User

hybrid shutdown kernel size

hiberfil.sys size is fix.
    windows 10 hybrid shutdown save only kernel memory.
    But what is the amount of this memory?
    In task manager i read "Kernel WS" 1,400 MB. Do it is this?

:)

taten, Jan 29, 2016
  2. Time Lady Win User

black screen

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2797800/pow...

The solution on that page:

You may be having difficulty with a Windows feature called hybrid shutdown, which performs a hibernate-like dump of important running processes and kernel components during each shutdown. To disable hybrid shutdown, type "Power plan" in Start and choose the
    first option. Click "Choose what the power buttons do" on the sidebar. Click "Change settings that are currently unavailable." Uncheck "Turn on fast startup."

Also another solution from the same page:: Remove the BIOS/CMOS Battery for 1-2 Minutes and put it in again.

With laptops this is usually under the memory module cover.

Time Lady, Jan 29, 2016
  3. WOL Wake on Lan not working after upgrade from windows 8.1

Hi Chris and Jessen P,

The setting for the soft off S5 state if your bios supports it:

Look at this artikel:

System Power States (Windows)

It claims:

"Wake-on-LAN behavior

The wake-on-LAN (WOL) feature wakes the computer from a low power state when a network adapter detects a WOL event (typically, a specially constructed Ethernet packet).

The default shutdown behavior puts the system into hybrid shutdown (S4) and all devices are put into D3. Remote wake from hybrid shutdown (S4) or classic shutdown (S5) is completely unsupported. NICs are explicitly not armed for
    wake in both the classic shutdown (S5) and hybrid shutdown (S4) cases because users expect zero power consumption and battery drain in the shutdown state. This behavior removes the possibility of spurious wakes when explicit shutdown was requested.
    As a result, Wake-On-LAN is only ever supported from sleep (S3) or hibernate (S4).

Hybrid shutdown (S4) stops user sessions but the contents of kernel sessions are written to hard disk. This enables faster boot. "

But that is not true:

1. Update your driver from the vendor site

2. If you have the option to enable wake on link you can shut your pc down and wake it by WOL.

3. Standy and hibernation should work if you apply the settings of Jessen P.

hybrid shutdown kernel size [​IMG]

Hope this helps you or someone else.

Kind regards,

isee2it.nl

Martijn Kamminga, Jan 29, 2016
  4. LMiller7 Win User

No, it would be much larger than that. Kernel memory includes the Non Paged Pool, the resident portion of the Paged Poll, and more. Neither Task manager nor any other commonly used utility will provide all of the details.

LMiller7, Jan 29, 2016
Thema:

1. hybrid shutdown kernel size - Similar Threads - hybrid shutdown kernel

2. Hybrid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hybrid: I got Windows 11 today and for some reason it's a weird hybrid of 10 and 11, it has the Windows 11 taskbar, start menu, search, icons and widgets, it even says its Windows 11 in WinVer. But settings, file explorer, notifications, calander are still the Windows 10 design....
  3. Hybrid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hybrid: I got Windows 11 today and for some reason it's a weird hybrid of 10 and 11, it has the Windows 11 taskbar, start menu, search, icons and widgets, it even says its Windows 11 in WinVer. But settings, file explorer, notifications, calander are still the Windows 10 design....
  4. PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.: Hello everyone, It's been a month since I've been trying every solution suggested, plus those I found on here in other answered topics. However, none seems to fix the waking up of the PC some 3 -5 seconds after it shutdown or goes to sleep. Finally, did a clean reinstall with...
  5. PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.: Hello everyone, It's been a month since I've been trying every solution suggested, plus those I found on here in other answered topics. However, none seems to fix the waking up of the PC some 3 -5 seconds after it shutdown or goes to sleep. Finally, did a clean reinstall with...
  6. The kernel power manager has initiated a shutdown transition. Shutdown Reason: Kernel API

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The kernel power manager has initiated a shutdown transition. Shutdown Reason: Kernel API: Hi, so I left my laptop on while I was sleeping. When I wake up my laptop suddenly plays a video from YouTube. Strangely, my laptop shows the lock screen. I then checked the EventViewer and it had this event. What does it mean? And also i checked BlueScreenView and there's no...
  7. Should I disable hybrid shutdown ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I disable hybrid shutdown ?: I have Windows 10 version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1016). I haven't done much reading on this but I do it on intuition. I always hibernate my laptop so that it starts up faster. In order for a better health of my laptop, once a week, I restart it. Whenever I shut down my laptop,...
  8. Hybrid boot/fast startup causing system to reboot after shutdown.

in Windows 10 Support
    Hybrid boot/fast startup causing system to reboot after shutdown.: Recently I have observed that my system reboots after 1 sec when booting up. This happens only when I use Shutdown. I disabled the Fast Startup and now it boots correctly but very slow but that is predictable since it hybrid boot was disabled. I have windows 10 Home and...
  9. Question about fast boot/hybrid shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about fast boot/hybrid shutdown: I know some people disable fast boot/hybrid shutdown but I tend to leave as much of Windows at default as possible (apart from system restore - why does MS disable that by default?!!!) anyway, I wonder if the hiberfil.sys file on shutdown gets rewritten from scratch on...
  10. Can't do hybrid shutdown, despite enabled fast boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't do hybrid shutdown, despite enabled fast boot: Hello everyone. I'm writing this thread because I'm facing a behaviour of my computer I would like to change or fix, but I don't know how I should do any of these. The operating system I use is Windows 10 Home 1709 (Fall Creators Update). The undesired behaviour is that,...