Windows 10: Hybrid sleep option disappeared and mouse can't wake up Windows 10 in sleep mode

Discus and support Hybrid sleep option disappeared and mouse can't wake up Windows 10 in sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am a long term Mac user and just switched to Windows 10 desktop. I received the brand new machine 4 days ago and have been updating the system and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dlin95123, Oct 4, 2021.

1. dlin95123 Win User

Hybrid sleep option disappeared and mouse can't wake up Windows 10 in sleep mode

I am a long term Mac user and just switched to Windows 10 desktop. I received the brand new machine 4 days ago and have been updating the system and drivers. But I found that I lost the hybrid sleep option:Also, I was able to wake up the machine from the sleep mode with a keyboard or a mouse. But they don't seem to work anymore. I have to press the power button to wake it up.Any suggestions would be appreciated.

:)

dlin95123, Oct 4, 2021
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Hibernate mode Vs Sleep Vs Hybrid sleep.

I took in consideration your advice about Hybrid mode.

To make it works is it just enough to activate it or do i need to do some others settings?

Hybrid sleep option disappeared and mouse can't wake up Windows 10 in sleep mode hybrid-mode-jpg.jpg

Knoxx29, Oct 4, 2021
  3. Hibernate mode Vs Sleep Vs Hybrid sleep.

Bad question. Not specific enough.

Hibernate is for notebooks, not PCs. And it is important to note the OS used too. Windows 10 with DDR4 is designed take special advantage of the hybrid sleep mode. Previous versions of Windows and DDR3 don't provide the same capability.

Hybrid sleep is primarily for desktop PCs and this is what I use and recommend. With DDR4 and W10 your RAM goes into a low-voltage state and maintains much of what was in memory during the hybrid sleep period. This allows the computer to wake that much faster. Having an SSD helps too.

I never "shutdown" my computers, except to tear them down to lug outside for cleaning, or other maintenance. I never reboot, except when some update requires it.

My normal routine is to use my computers several hours every morning, then I let them go into hybrid sleep until the next morning (or whenever I need to get back on).

I have them set to turn off my displays after 10 minutes, then put the computer to sleep after 15.

For the record, I am the bottleneck when waking the computer. When I wiggle the mouse or press a key, the computer wakes immediately, as do my monitors. Then they sit and wait for me to enter my password.

Bill_Bright, Oct 4, 2021
  4. Knoxx29 Win User

Hybrid sleep option disappeared and mouse can't wake up Windows 10 in sleep mode

Hibernate mode Vs Sleep Vs Hybrid sleep.

Well, since last night my PC is in Hybrid sleep mode, so ow going to work and when i come back in 7 hours let's see if wakes up without issues.

Knoxx29, Oct 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Hybrid sleep option disappeared and mouse can't wake up Windows 10 in sleep mode - Similar Threads - Hybrid sleep option

2. Waking Up system by Moving Mouse Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Waking Up system by Moving Mouse Sleep Mode: Is it possible at all to waking up the system from Sleep mode by moving the mouse around?Clicking on the mouse's button and/or on key in the keyboard does wake up the system.I want the movement of the mouse to do the same too.It used to do it in the past for me but I can not...
  3. Waking Up system by Moving Mouse Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Waking Up system by Moving Mouse Sleep Mode: Is it possible at all to waking up the system from Sleep mode by moving the mouse around?Clicking on the mouse's button and/or on key in the keyboard does wake up the system.I want the movement of the mouse to do the same too.It used to do it in the past for me but I can not...
  4. Waking Up system by Moving Mouse Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. no hybrid sleep option

in Windows 10 Customization
    no hybrid sleep option: Problem in Windows 10 with all possible updates. In Control panel\Hardware and sound\Power options\Edit plan settings, option "Change advanced power settings", there is no "Allow hybrid sleep" under the tab "Sleep". The options are "Sleep after", "Hibernate after" and "Allow...
  6. Hybrid Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Hybrid Sleep: I have looked at the web and whilst some say it is a beneficial feature, others say to disable it. I read one link that stated even Microsoft recommended disabling it to prevent it from interfering with Windows updates. I have it disabled at present. Comments please. 173412
  7. Can't wake up from sleep mode.

Can't wake up from sleep mode.: Hello guys, I have the following problem. My laptop Dell Inspiron 5485 AMD version suddenly stopped waking up when I close the lid or just go to sleep mode. Like I said this happened suddenly, one day I closed the lid and probable 1 hour later I noticed that the laptop was...
  8. Hybrid Sleep

Hybrid Sleep: Hi all, I'm trying to find instructions for Hybrid Sleep, but my Googles keep showing me Power options which are absent from myWindows Version 2004 20H1 - OS Build v19041.508, 64-bit OS, Installed on 1-Jun-2020. Can anyone please direct me to Hybrid Sleep setup...
  9. sleep mode not waking up windows 10

sleep mode not waking up windows 10: Hi I changed Windows power settings --> lid closing to Do Nothing, still it goes to sleep whenever I close the lid and not waking up. Always I need to shutdown and restart. : Appreciate your support on this Thanks...
  10. Sleep Mode on Windows 10 waking up on it's on

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Mode on Windows 10 waking up on it's on: I am running Windows 10 (64-bit) on a HP Envy - 750-514. I put my computer in Sleep Mode any time that I finished with it. * Last nite in the middle of the nite, I heard my computer power up on its own.* When I checked on it, the power lite was on "on" and it was running.*...