Windows 10: Hyper Link Handling in Relation to the Twitter App

Discus and support Hyper Link Handling in Relation to the Twitter App in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; GOAL: I would like to click a Twitter link and have it open into the Twitter App or Twitter as a downloaded PWA.Problem: I'm an avid Discord user and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by xOx_E1_Gr33d0_xOx, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Hyper Link Handling in Relation to the Twitter App

GOAL: I would like to click a Twitter link and have it open into the Twitter App or Twitter as a downloaded PWA.Problem: I'm an avid Discord user and when I click on a twitter link I'm always forced to open twitter into the browser of preference you set on Windows I use Chrome. I can not find a windows, discord or twitter app setting to route link handling to anything other than a selecting a browser of your choice. We used to be able to open twitter links on the app, what happened?!?!

:)

xOx_E1_Gr33d0_xOx, Jun 30, 2022
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

Twitter App

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know, if you are facing this issue with only Twitter app or other apps as well?

We will have to try few troubleshooting steps to further eliminate the root cause of the issue and check.

Method 1:

1. Try resetting store app,
      Press Windows + R
      key on your keyboard and type wsreset on the run window and hit enter.
    2. If you have not rebooted your computer after Windows update, reboot the computer once and check.

Method 1:

1. Right click on the start menu and click on
      Windows PowerShell (Admin) that will run PowerShell in admin mode.
    2. Disable any antivirus program, if you have any.
    3. Type Get-AppxPackage –AllUsers –Name *twitter* it will give you the information of the twitter app.
    4. Copy the PackageFullName
      e.g. (Microsoft.WindowsStore_11807.1001.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe) and save it on a notepad, the example on the bracket is for store app, you will have to copy for twitter app.
    5. Type Get-AppxPackage *twitter* | Remove-AppxPackage this will uninstall twitter app from the system.
    6. Reboot the system once.
    7. Open PowerShell again with step 1.
    8. Type in Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\< PackageFullName>\AppxManifest.xml" –DisableDevelopmentMode
    9. Replace <PackageFullName> with the name you have saved on step 4.
    10. Hit enter and let the installation complete.
    11. You can also install the app from Windows Store.

After the command is completed, you should be able to search for twitter app and use it from start menu.

Method 2:

1. You can also try to
      create a new user account
      and check if it works on the new user account.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jun 30, 2022
  3. htaipale Win User
    Does everyone see my twitter if linked to my live account?

If I link my twitter account to my live.com account, will anyone in my contact list, or people in groups/rooms see my twitter feed automatically, or do they still need know my twitter handle and add it manually to their phone?

htaipale, Jun 30, 2022
  4. Hyper Link Handling in Relation to the Twitter App

How to disable Autoplay in Twitter App?

Hi,

As you’re facing issue with switching off the auto play in Twitter app, we would assist you surely.

I suggest you to check with the bellow options mentioned;

• Check if there is any settings available with-in the app to disable the auto play settings.
    (Under setting there would be an option
    as never play videos automatically).

• If the option is not available, I suggest you to contact twitter support team for further assistance. They would be the best, to help you with this kind of issue.

Please revert back if any queries regarding windows, we would surely assist you.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Jun 30, 2022
Thema:

Hyper Link Handling in Relation to the Twitter App

1. Hyper Link Handling in Relation to the Twitter App - Similar Threads - Hyper Link Handling

2. Related to steam link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Related to steam link: Why does my O.S keeps telling me You'll need a new app to open this steam link when i want to run pro evolution soccer 2019 in my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/related-to-steam-link/954f3788-28ef-4397-bda1-8ee78e4cf40b
  3. Hyper Link Handling in Relation to the Twitter App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper Link Handling in Relation to the Twitter App: GOAL: I would like to click a Twitter link and have it open into the Twitter App or Twitter as a downloaded PWA.Problem: I'm an avid Discord user and when I click on a twitter link I'm always forced to open twitter into the browser of preference you set on Windows I use...
  4. Hyper Link Handling in Relation to the Twitter App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper Link Handling in Relation to the Twitter App: GOAL: I would like to click a Twitter link and have it open into the Twitter App or Twitter as a downloaded PWA.Problem: I'm an avid Discord user and when I click on a twitter link I'm always forced to open twitter into the browser of preference you set on Windows I use...
  5. Twitter app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Twitter app: Hello, I have a problem with the Twitter application coming from the Microsoft Store. I right click on it to pin it in the taskbar but as soon as I turn off my PC, it disappears from the taskbar. I have to start over every time... Is that normal? I have this problem only on...
  6. Twitter link not opening properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Twitter link not opening properly: When I click on a Twitter link in Telegram I get the "How do you want to open this?" question, no matter if I previously made a selection and checked the "Always use this app" box. I'd like to open such links in the Twitter app but I don't even get that choice. The Twitter...
  7. Twitter App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Twitter App: The twitter App downloaded from the store and added to my start menu does not work, it doesn't show toast / push notifications, even though I have it turned on, its turned on in windows 10 settings under notifications and actions, the live tile doesn't work. It didn't work at...
  8. Problem Related To Hyper-V

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem Related To Hyper-V: Microsoft Hyper-v is Disabled on my systems but I always get error "Microsoft Hyper-V is enabled on your System. Please Disable it" Why? I use Windows 10 home single language Version. windows 10 home doesn't support Hyper-V but always I face this problem. I have done the...
  9. Hyper Links

in Browsers and Email
    Hyper Links: Having trouble with Outlook 2013 and Edge. Outlook will not open hyper links. This problem used to be solved by setting IE as default browser. How is this done with Edge? Solved the problem using the Microsoft Fix It program. 7909
  10. Twitter app removal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Twitter app removal: Hi All, Trying to capture a reference machine using sccm. Windows 10 Education Once I run the wizard, sysprep fails to run. Error message from sysprep log below and appears to fail on the twitter app. Now, there is no app on the start button, only arrows so...