Windows 10: Hyper M.2 X16 expansion card

Discus and support Hyper M.2 X16 expansion card in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Intel I7 9700k Msi Z390 A motherboard 32GB Ram RTX 2080 GPU Friend of mines is trying to find out how to enable the Hyper M.2 X16 expansion card... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Garciamk4, May 4, 2021.

1. Garciamk4 Win User

Hyper M.2 X16 expansion card

Intel I7 9700k Msi Z390 A motherboard 32GB Ram RTX 2080 GPU Friend of mines is trying to find out how to enable the Hyper M.2 X16 expansion card through the BIOS to recognize all four NvMe ssd's installed within the expansion card. I know it's somewhere in the Bios advanced settings but I'm not very familiar with MSI Bios platform I don't know how to guide him through it if anyone here can help us that would be so greatly appreciated. The Expansion card is placed on the second PCIe Express port furthest from the CPU If anyone can provide us with easy to follow step by step instructions on where to enable the card and properly configure it within the MSI Bios we would greatly appreciated.

:)

Garciamk4, May 4, 2021
  2. Garciamk4 Win User

Intel I7 9700k
    Msi Z390 A motherboard
    32GB Ram
    RTX 2080 GPU

Friend of mines is trying to find out how to enable the Hyper M.2 X16 expansion card through the BIOS to recognize all four NvMe ssd's installed within the expansion card.

I know it's somewhere in the Bios advanced settings but I'm not very familiar with MSI Bios platform I don't know how to guide him through it if anyone here can help us that would be so greatly appreciated.

The Expansion card is placed on the second PCIe Express port furthest from the CPU

If anyone can provide us with easy to follow step by step instructions on where to enable the card and properly configure it within the MSI Bios we would greatly appreciated.

Garciamk4, May 5, 2021
  3. NavyLCDR Win User

The motherboard must support PCIe bifurcation. I don't see anything to indicate the MSI Z390-A motherboard supports PCIe bifurcation.

Here's an interesting website:
    [Motherboard] Compatibility of PCIE bifurcation between Hyper M.2 series Cards and Add-On Graphic Cards | Official Support | ASUS Global

Note this:

NavyLCDR, May 5, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

m.2 ssd question

Your motherboard specs say...

Z97-A | Motherboards | ASUS USA

The 970 EVO shown in your link says...
    It looks like it should work. But you may have to enable the socket 3 in the bios first, which in turn may disable some of your expansion slots. Your motherboard specs also say...

More on M2 interfaces and sockets here:

M.2 Interface, Key and Socket explained

Bree, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Hyper M.2 X16 expansion card - Similar Threads - Hyper X16 expansion

2. New M.2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New M.2: Greetings,I've recently installed a second M.2 First one is my primary C: I installed a few games and it was working fine for a few days.Then suddenly it would Bluescreen Crash and restart my Windows 11 every time i would start a game.I installed and ran CrystalDiskMark and...
  3. M.2 not detected.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    M.2 not detected.: Hi!I recently bought an Gigabyte Ryzen M.2, it dosen't show up in diskmanagment, but shows up in every other place, and tells that it is there. How can I make diskmanagment detect it too?...
  4. Replacing a M.2 SSD boot drive card

Replacing a M.2 SSD boot drive card: Running Win 10 version 21H1 My rig has a 500 Mb M.2 SSD card as boot (C:\). Troubling Chkdsk runs have caused me to distrust the current card. A replacement M.2 card should arrive in a couple of days and my confidence in myself to successfully swap the cards is limited as I...
  5. Replacing a M.2 SSD boot drive card

in Windows 10 Support
    Replacing a M.2 SSD boot drive card: Running Win 10 version 21H1 My rig has a 500 Mb M.2 SSD card as boot (C:\). Troubling Chkdsk runs have caused me to distrust the current card. A replacement M.2 card should arrive in a couple of days and my confidence in myself to successfully swap the cards is limited as I...
  6. M.2 SSD Card Data Recovery

M.2 SSD Card Data Recovery: Hi everyone on the forum, My question is how to check if there is data on an M.2 SATA SSD and how to restore the data if there is? A bit of background: my old laptop went in for repairs and could not be repaired. They apparently did not wipe the data and sent me back the...
  7. M.2

in Windows 10 Customization
    M.2: For a better picture, I have an SSD, a brick, and an m.2 SSD I boot from this m.2 I just purchased another m.2 with more memory that I would use to store my games to increase load times. However, I installed the new m.2 and when I boot the computer, I am getting an m.2...
  8. ?M.2 or ssd

?M.2 or ssd: My ? board has a M-2 slot, will that act the same as a ssd. I'm looking at a Kingmax M-2 2280 B /M SATAIII 256GB. This stuff is confusing to me some times sorry for the confusion while asking my ?s. I have so much new storage in my system now all I'm trying to do is get all...
  9. Using a PCIe x1 card in a PCIe x16 slot

Using a PCIe x1 card in a PCIe x16 slot: Here is something I recently found out. I have tired this and it works. You can use a PCIe x1 card, or a PCIe x4 card in a PCIe x16 slot. They work fine. So if you think you are short of PCI-e slots, you may not be. A shorter PCIe card works fine in a longer slot. On...
  10. M.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    M.2 ssd: Hello, I need some help. I hope I choose the right forum section, newbie here. I purchased a MyDigitalSSD 128GB (MDM242-SBe-128) from Amazon.com, I want to prepare this drive for use in my Dell 3050 mini PC to increase the boot drive size from 32gb to 128gb. The Dell...