Windows 10: Hyper slow download speed problem

Discus and support Hyper slow download speed problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Heya Community! I recently bought a 150Mb network from my local ISP and for some reason, internet download speed barely goes higher than 0.6Mb but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Phoxy Boy, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Phoxy Boy Win User

Hyper slow download speed problem

Heya Community!

I recently bought a 150Mb network from my local ISP and for some reason, internet download speed barely goes higher than 0.6Mb but upload speed stays completely normal...

Strangely enough, streaming services like youtube seem to work fine

I even tested on a live Ubuntu USB and internet speed is perfectly fine. On wifi android devices the speed is also fine.

On the other hand, ANY windows machine connected has this problem.

I even tried reinstalling Windows, and even tried all of the things they say about speeding up internet speed like change Auto Tuning level configuration and stuff, and even this doesn't work

I need help

:)

Phoxy Boy, Jul 26, 2019
  2. Portugal Win User

Slow download speed after creating Hyper-V External Virtual Switch

Hello.
    After buying a new PC (its specs are on my profile), enabling Hyper-V and creating a new External Virtual Switch, I notice that the download speed drops dramatically. My internet conneciton is 1Gbps down and 200Mbps up.

Without External Virtual Switch:

Hyper slow download speed problem [​IMG]

• Iperf with a host on the same LAN (upload 911Mbps, download 777Mbps):

• Lan Speed test (746 Mbps upload and 716 Mbps download):

With External Virtual Switch:

• CPU usage while on Speedtest (notice the first core is fully maxed out):

• Lan Speed Test (742 Mbps upload and 596Mbps download):

• Iperf with a host on the same LAN (upload 861 Mbps, download 583 Mbps):

• CPU usage while on Iperf (download) - Notice, once again, Core 1 fully maxed out​:

Conclusion

When the External Virtual Switch is enabled, I assume the download speed is lower due to the fact one CPU core is being maxed out, my question is why? Why isn't the load spread throughout the cores?
    Is anyone experiencing a similar issue?

Regards.

Portugal, Jul 26, 2019
  3. Slow downloading speed

Hi Manthan,

Regarding your download speed issue, we found a suggestion given by Eeshwar Kumar on our Community page. You can check this link on the suggestion he provided:

Why is Windows Store's download speed so slow?

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Jul 26, 2019
  4. cereberus Win User

Slow download speed after creating Hyper-V External Virtual Switch

Have you set the number of cores to 8 in hyer-v settings (virtual processor). No idea otherwise.

cereberus, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Hyper slow download speed problem - Similar Threads - Hyper slow download

2. browser download speed slow problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    browser download speed slow problem: im having problems with my wifi or browser but the browser download is very slow i tried downloading at my phone and the download speed is fine but in the pc i only get around 50KB/s...
  3. browser download speed slow problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    browser download speed slow problem: im having problems with my wifi or browser but the browser download is very slow i tried downloading at my phone and the download speed is fine but in the pc i only get around 50KB/s...
  4. browser download speed slow problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Slow Download Speeds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Download Speeds: For around a month now when I download things it's been less than 3mb per second and when I check my download speeds it says 200mb per second I'm not sure if it's my computer or Windows 10 I've tried so many tutorials but nothing is working it used to be normal please help....
  6. Slow download speed

Slow download speed: I have been trying to download this game for a while now on the box app for PC and it never goes higher than about 10-20 MB/S as you can see my internet speed is fairly quick. Just wondering if anyone can help, please?...
  7. Download speeds slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download speeds slow: My internet speed is pretty fast, web searches are quick and website open almost instantly, YouTube works fine on high resolution. But when I am downloading any file to my laptop, the download speed is very, very slow. It could be a temporary issue with the wi-fi, but...
  8. Hyper-v replication speed is slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-v replication speed is slow: Hello. We are using Windows server 2019 with the latest updates. We have two servers .On the first name 1 we have several virtual machines running through Hyper-v. We have set up replication of these machines to a second server name2. Everything is working successfully, but...
  9. Hyper-v replication speed is slow

Hyper-v replication speed is slow: Hello. We are using Windows server 2019 with the latest updates. We have two servers .On the first name 1 we have several virtual machines running through Hyper-v. We have set up replication of these machines to a second server name2. Everything is working successfully, but...
  10. Hyper-v replication speed is slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing

Users found this page by searching for:

1. slow download external virtual switch