Windows 10: hyper text links showing when i hover over picture

Discus and support hyper text links showing when i hover over picture in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone Thanks for reading this I am NOT SURE which "CATEGORY etc." this "should" be placed in, so I am sorry if it is in the wrong one. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jim Bat, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Jim Bat Win User

hyper text links showing when i hover over picture

Hello everyone

Thanks for reading this

I am NOT SURE which "CATEGORY etc." this "should" be placed in, so I am sorry if it is in the wrong one.

I have seen this question before BUT have NOT seen a creditable answer that seems to solve it YET.

If anyone has the same problem and KNOWS HOW to CORRECTLY SOLVE the problem I would be grateful to know HOW to do it.

When I place the mouse pointer over ANY picture from ANY website there appears a block of text that sometime obliterates the picture.

- This is extremely annoying and spoils the enjoyment of looking at the picture or whatever is being observed.

My question is this HOW can this "nuisance" be controlled?

Is it a question of complaining to the webmaster OR can it be controlled from MY computer / laptop.

The enclosed picture is a typical example so you can see the problem ( In this case it is a "Hypertext" link that is causing the problem. but is "could" be ANY picture from ANY website.

Any help IS APPRECIATED

Thanks

Kind regards

Jim

I have enclosed a typical example so you can see the problem. hyper text links showing when i hover over picture 75beecdf-2c90-4ff0-8728-50cabb3a1d6e?upload=true.jpg

:)

Jim Bat, Apr 7, 2019

2. OFFICIAL   Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (Review)

there is something wrong with suggested for you list on npu page. clicking on picture of dd:da review from suggested for you list leads to perormance analysis instead of review. hovering mouse over it shows in status bar correct link to review but clicking on picture reloads analysis.
    links from reviews&articles page works fine.

edit: link from home page of npu sends you to analysis instead of review as well.

ne6togadno, Apr 7, 2019
  3. donwb Win User
    Color Changes to mouse hover

Hi Dick

Tried the icon cache reset, it did reset, but so far I didn't detect any change.

I looked at your step recording. What's interesting is that your taskbar does show a loudspeaker icon, apparently even when you're not hovering over it. Then when you click on it you get the vertical slider picture. I get that but by clicking on an empty box. For me, the same is true for the other missing icon - "new notifications"

In your other picture of the mouse over the power icon, I get that just the same, but when I move the mouse down to the first option - Sleep - it is replaced by a black rectangle.

I'll live with these for the time being.

I will try MCBUILDER.exe and report the results later.

.....then I'd have to consider the Spitfires.......

Many thanks
    Don

donwb, Apr 7, 2019
  4. Marby Rey Win User

Even after Uninstalling Hyper-V - msinfo32 shows "A hypervisor has been detected"

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you disable the Hyper V services. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Services on the search bar.
    • Right click one Hyper V service, then select Properties.
    • On Startup type, choose Disabled.
      hyper text links showing when i hover over picture d67aa4cb-46e7-4431-9d29-11005894536c.png
    • You have to disable all the Hyper V services one at a time by following the same steps.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you check out your post on TechNet (IT Pro’s) to make sure you get better answer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Marby Rey, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

1. hyper text links showing when i hover over picture - Similar Threads - hyper text links

2. How can I get rid of the phantom text that appears when one hovers over a link, file, or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get rid of the phantom text that appears when one hovers over a link, file, or...: Having an issue where, repeatedly, a text box like the type one sees when mousing over an option before clicking it will appear on my screen and remain there, even after the program it came from has been closed, even after all windows are closed, and even after restarting...
  3. When hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears Garmin Basecamp Database

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears Garmin Basecamp Database: Setup: Lenovo E14 Win11, running for 1,2weeks after purchaseGarmin Basecamp was working for this time properlySuddenly without a special event / correlation when hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears in Basecamp databaseWhen switching to another task and back to...
  4. When hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears Garmin Basecamp Database

When hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears Garmin Basecamp Database: Setup: Lenovo E14 Win11, running for 1,2weeks after purchaseGarmin Basecamp was working for this time properlySuddenly without a special event / correlation when hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears in Basecamp databaseWhen switching to another task and back to...
  5. Pop-up information when hovering over pictures

Pop-up information when hovering over pictures: Is there a way to choose what information shows when I hover over pictures? I don't need to see "Date Taken" or "Availability Status" but I do need to know "Dimensions." It seems different picture folders display different information....
  6. Pop-up information when hovering over pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop-up information when hovering over pictures: Is there a way to choose what information shows when I hover over pictures? I don't need to see "Date Taken" or "Availability Status" but I do need to know "Dimensions." It seems different picture folders display different information....
  7. taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it: i cant access the taskbar when i hover the mouse over it if the windows is maximized once i minimise all the open applications i can access the taskbar as i hover the mouse over itit seems that the taskbar deos show on mouse hover but for some reason it is not able to overlap...
  8. taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it

taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it: i cant access the taskbar when i hover the mouse over it if the windows is maximized once i minimise all the open applications i can access the taskbar as i hover the mouse over itit seems that the taskbar deos show on mouse hover but for some reason it is not able to overlap...
  9. Clickable Text Links Disappear When Mouse Hover

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clickable Text Links Disappear When Mouse Hover: This is not an issue with just one pc. It's all of them. Before: [ATTACH] After: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clickable-text-links-disappear-when-mouse-hover/ccd25c58-d7bf-4af9-9f39-c491f1292bcd
  10. Windows text is invisible (unless I hover over it)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows text is invisible (unless I hover over it): So recently I changed the settings to high contrast colors (From the windows lock screen) but quickly switched back to the normal settings. But after switching back to the normal colors, half the colors are in high contrast and the other half are not. This probably does...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. link is showing on hover in windows