Windows 10: Hyper V administration

Discus and support Hyper V administration in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all,I have 3 host on Win Server 2016 running Hyper V and clustering. Recently not able to live migrate some VM from Host 1 to 3 or Host 2 to 3.Below... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EricTanCW, Jun 23, 2022.

1. EricTanCW Win User

Hyper V administration

Hi all,I have 3 host on Win Server 2016 running Hyper V and clustering. Recently not able to live migrate some VM from Host 1 to 3 or Host 2 to 3.Below are the errors i encounteris below a network issue ?

:)

EricTanCW, Jun 23, 2022

2. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jun 23, 2022
  3. Rex99ny Win User
    Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Jun 23, 2022
  4. Kari Win User

Hyper V administration

Moving Hyper-V to Another Disk

1. Export the virtual machines to the drive where you want to move them (tutorial).
    2. When all VMs have been exported, delete them in Hyper-V Manager.
    3. When Hyper-V Manager is empty, not showing any VMs, import the previously exported VMs (tutorial). In Option One Step 6 of the tutorial, you need to select Register the virtual machine in-place, or if choosing Option Two in tutorial, select Step 2.
    Easy!

Thema:

Hyper V administration

1. Hyper V administration - Similar Threads - Hyper administration

2. Hyper- V crash cause of not compatible Hardware ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper- V crash cause of not compatible Hardware ?: I wanted to Use hyper-V function on PC windows 11 PC.I belive the problem can be that i run it on not supported hardware. I run it on FX 8300.It works perfectly fine but when i insall the Hyper-v function and turned it on it bios i got Bluescreens.Can it be a diffrent reason...
  3. Hyper- V crash cause of not compatible Hardware ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper- V crash cause of not compatible Hardware ?: I wanted to Use hyper-V function on PC windows 11 PC.I belive the problem can be that i run it on not supported hardware. I run it on FX 8300.It works perfectly fine but when i insall the Hyper-v function and turned it on it bios i got Bluescreens.Can it be a diffrent reason...
  4. How do I get my user account out of hyper administrator mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my user account out of hyper administrator mode?: A couple of days ago, I saw that in the control panel, I couldn't change my user account from guest to administrator, and I looked in other places to see what was happening. I figured out that my user account went into the hypervisor, and I never had it enabled since I bought...
  5. How do I get my user account out of hyper administrator mode?

How do I get my user account out of hyper administrator mode?: A couple of days ago, I saw that in the control panel, I couldn't change my user account from guest to administrator, and I looked in other places to see what was happening. I figured out that my user account went into the hypervisor, and I never had it enabled since I bought...
  6. Get Hyper V Administrators group from PowerShell without knowing the name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get Hyper V Administrators group from PowerShell without knowing the name: I want to make a PowerShell script that can add something I know how I can add in the Hyper V Administrators group without knowing the group name because I saw that this can be different based on Windows installation language and I want a generic solution that work for every...
  7. Get Hyper V Administrators group from PowerShell without knowing the name

Get Hyper V Administrators group from PowerShell without knowing the name: I want to make a PowerShell script that can add something I know how I can add in the Hyper V Administrators group without knowing the group name because I saw that this can be different based on Windows installation language and I want a generic solution that work for every...
  8. Hyper V administration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper V administration: Hi all,I have 3 host on Win Server 2016 running Hyper V and clustering. Recently not able to live migrate some VM from Host 1 to 3 or Host 2 to 3.Below are the errors i encounteris below a network issue ?...
  9. How to Switch Back From Hyper V Administrator account to Administrator Account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Switch Back From Hyper V Administrator account to Administrator Account.: Dear sir, I was working on my System on 22nd july 2020 i was unable to install an application. I tried 3-4 times but i was unable to install the application. while i was checking for the Administrator Account i mistakenly Clicked on Hyper V Administrator Account and saved...
  10. Can't delete "ModifiableWindowsApps" folder because it belongs to Administrator Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't delete "ModifiableWindowsApps" folder because it belongs to Administrator Hyper-V: So I found this folder in my HDD, inside a Program Files folder. Both folders are empty and I do not know how to delete it. Can someone help me? Thanks a lot! submitted by /u/Nedioca [link] [comments]...