Windows 10: Hyper-V and Windows 7

Discus and support Hyper-V and Windows 7 in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I'm trying to setup a Windows 7 VM in Hyper-V. I have tried both the 32-bit and the 64-bit versions and both have the same problem. The mouse does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Winuser, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Winuser Win User

Hyper-V and Windows 7

I'm trying to setup a Windows 7 VM in Hyper-V. I have tried both the 32-bit and the 64-bit versions and both have the same problem. The mouse does not work. It say that the mouse input not captured. All boxes are checked under Integration Services. Is their any other options I need to set?

:)

Winuser, Jan 6, 2021

2. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Moving Hyper-V to Another Disk

1. Export the virtual machines to the drive where you want to move them (tutorial).
    2. When all VMs have been exported, delete them in Hyper-V Manager.
    3. When Hyper-V Manager is empty, not showing any VMs, import the previously exported VMs (tutorial). In Option One Step 6 of the tutorial, you need to select Register the virtual machine in-place, or if choosing Option Two in tutorial, select Step 2.
    Easy!

Kari, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Hyper-V and Windows 7

JuanMoreno25, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

Hyper-V and Windows 7

1. Hyper-V and Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Hyper

2. Hyper V on windows home using a Script found on the internet, IS it a bad option.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper V on windows home using a Script found on the internet, IS it a bad option.: I am using windows 11 home and I wanted to use the hyperV, I know it is not available on home editions but I found a blog post and they were advising on using a script, I need the hyperV but I dont want to compromise my windows security. are these scripts really a bad option?...
  3. Hyper V on windows home using a Script found on the internet, IS it a bad option.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper V on windows home using a Script found on the internet, IS it a bad option.: I am using windows 11 home and I wanted to use the hyperV, I know it is not available on home editions but I found a blog post and they were advising on using a script, I need the hyperV but I dont want to compromise my windows security. are these scripts really a bad option?...
  4. Need Help!!! I am running a fully patched Hyper-V Server 2016 with 6 VMs. 3 of them are bug...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help!!! I am running a fully patched Hyper-V Server 2016 with 6 VMs. 3 of them are bug...: The VMS are 4 x Windows 10 Pro, 2 x Server 2022 Standard. I have run DISM restore health sfc /scannow chkdsk /r /f with no issues found! 2 of the Win10 and 1 of the server VMs are crashing. The mini-dumps point to bad driver ntoskrnl.exe from bad address ntoskrnl.exe+42xxxIn...
  5. Need Help!!! I am running a fully patched Hyper-V Server 2016 with 6 VMs. 3 of them are bug...

Need Help!!! I am running a fully patched Hyper-V Server 2016 with 6 VMs. 3 of them are bug...: The VMS are 4 x Windows 10 Pro, 2 x Server 2022 Standard. I have run DISM restore health sfc /scannow chkdsk /r /f with no issues found! 2 of the Win10 and 1 of the server VMs are crashing. The mini-dumps point to bad driver ntoskrnl.exe from bad address ntoskrnl.exe+42xxxIn...
  6. Need Help!!! I am running a fully patched Hyper-V Server 2016 with 6 VMs. 3 of them are bug...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Setting up hyper threading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up hyper threading: Is it possible to enable hyper threading on Intel processors only in games? And in idle time it was turned off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-hyper-threading/6b8475df-830a-482d-b7a1-39c684551604
  8. Setting up hyper threading

Setting up hyper threading: Is it possible to enable hyper threading on Intel processors only in games? And in idle time it was turned off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-hyper-threading/6b8475df-830a-482d-b7a1-39c684551604
  9. Preventing system sleep ONLY while Hyper-V VM is running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preventing system sleep ONLY while Hyper-V VM is running: Looking for a way to tell the Host Windows 11 OS to not sleep while a Hyper-V VM is running. Powercfg /requestsoverride does literally nothing. I've tried; vmwp.exe is the VM worker and is running while the VM is, mmc.exe is the management interface for Hyper-Vpowercfg...
  10. Preventing system sleep ONLY while Hyper-V VM is running

Preventing system sleep ONLY while Hyper-V VM is running: Looking for a way to tell the Host Windows 11 OS to not sleep while a Hyper-V VM is running. Powercfg /requestsoverride does literally nothing. I've tried; vmwp.exe is the VM worker and is running while the VM is, mmc.exe is the management interface for Hyper-Vpowercfg...