Windows 10: Hyper-V and Windows 7

Discus and support Hyper-V and Windows 7 in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I'm trying to setup a Windows 7 VM in Hyper-V. I have tried both the 32-bit and the 64-bit versions and both have the same problem. The mouse does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Winuser, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Winuser Win User

Hyper-V and Windows 7

I'm trying to setup a Windows 7 VM in Hyper-V. I have tried both the 32-bit and the 64-bit versions and both have the same problem. The mouse does not work. It say that the mouse input not captured. All boxes are checked under Integration Services. Is their any other options I need to set?

:)

Winuser, Jan 6, 2021

2. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Moving Hyper-V to Another Disk

1. Export the virtual machines to the drive where you want to move them (tutorial).
    2. When all VMs have been exported, delete them in Hyper-V Manager.
    3. When Hyper-V Manager is empty, not showing any VMs, import the previously exported VMs (tutorial). In Option One Step 6 of the tutorial, you need to select Register the virtual machine in-place, or if choosing Option Two in tutorial, select Step 2.
    Easy!

Kari, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Hyper-V and Windows 7

JuanMoreno25, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

Hyper-V and Windows 7

1. Hyper-V and Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Hyper

2. Hyper-V Server 2019 - hardware compatibility?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Server 2019 - hardware compatibility?: Hi. I'm buying a new PC for Hyper-V Server 2019, running a couple of Windows 10 VM's. I would like to buy a new computer to last at least some years. I'm reading some posts that people have some issues with drivers for NIC interfaces, so I guess having the latest technology...
  3. How do I get Microsoft Edge to stop opening new tabs every time that I click on a hyper link?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I get Microsoft Edge to stop opening new tabs every time that I click on a hyper link?: Since earlier this month, every time that I click on a link when I browse on the web, it opens up in a new tab. Very fast, I end up having so many tabs open that are simply unnecessary and are hard to manage. I've never had this problem before and I could use some help...
  4. Network adapter not working after setting up hyper-v lab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network adapter not working after setting up hyper-v lab: Hi, I saw an article on your website regarding issue with hyper-v and was hoping for help with my issue. Basically I have created a lab environment on my laptop with: 1) one 2019 server VM, AD DS installed and domain created and static ip for the DC 2) two win10pro VMS 3) One...
  5. Trying to Enable Hyper-V but showing: "A hypervisor has been detected. Features required...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to Enable Hyper-V but showing: "A hypervisor has been detected. Features required...: Hi there, I am trying to enable Hyper-V as per instructions from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/android/get-started/installation/android-emulator/hardware-acceleration?pivots=windows After enabling virtualization in my BIOS, when using systeminfo in the command...
  6. Can I test Malware on Hyper V

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can I test Malware on Hyper V: Hi my name is Rounak and I want to safely test malware on a virtual machine . I have already tried hypervisor 2 virtual machine but now I want to test malware on hyper V Hypervisor 1 VM because I want to download some applications which would not run on hypervisor 2 but can...
  7. Unable to uninstall hyper v

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to uninstall hyper v: Hello I'm unable to install hyper v I tried windows features on or off and it doesn't appear there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-uninstall-hyper-v/c7895bb7-8f0e-4719-b2a9-e49116b21b99
  8. How to disable Hyper-V on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Hyper-V on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Hyper-V is Microsoft's hardware virtualization product. It lets you create and run a software version of a computer, called a virtual machine. Each virtual machine acts like a complete computer, running an operating system and programs. In this post, we will show you...
  9. mstscax.dll is not designed to run on Windows or contains an Error on Hyper-v

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mstscax.dll is not designed to run on Windows or contains an Error on Hyper-v: So I wanted to make a Windows 10 VM for testing. It would not work on Virtualbox so I tried it on Hyper-V. And it gave me an error.[ATTACH]So how do I fix this....
  10. Network adapter not working after setting up hyper-v lab

in Windows 10 Support
    Network adapter not working after setting up hyper-v lab: Hi, I saw an article on your website regarding issue with hyper-v and was hoping for help with my issue. Basically I have created a lab environment on my laptop with: 1) one 2019 server VM, AD DS installed and domain created and static ip for the DC 2) two win10pro VMS 3) One...