Windows 10: Hyper-V and Windows 95/98?

Discus and support Hyper-V and Windows 95/98? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; My main goal is to be able to play: Goosebumps Escape from HorrorLand for the PC. It is a Windows 98 point and click game. I'm trying to find out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by PCDesignerR, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Hyper-V and Windows 95/98?

My main goal is to be able to play: Goosebumps Escape from HorrorLand for the PC. It is a Windows 98 point and click game. I'm trying to find out whether or not it is possible for me to use HyperV to create a Windows 95/98 VM using the existing hardware that I already have, or if I just need to get really old hardware and do it that way. I've never done this particular task before so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I have:
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    32 GB of DDR4 3000
    Intel i7-5960X CPU
    Asus Strix 1080Ti GPU
    MSI Gaming9 X99S mobo
    Asus PG348Q 3440x1440 Display

If I can't VM this task, please kindly assist me with where I might go in the Sacramento, CA area to get the hardware I need to make this happen.

Thanks!

:)

PCDesignerR, Jun 23, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Configuring sound with Windows 98 and XP on Hyper-V.

Hi Zazabar, welcome to the Ten Forums.

Hyper-V only supports audio in these two cases:
    • Hyper-V Enhanced Mode > guest must be Windows 8 or later, Windows Server 2012 R2 or later
    • Remote Desktop Connection > all Windows guests, also legacy versions (Windows 7 and earlier)
    For instance I get the audio on my Windows XP Pro virtual machine in Hyper-V when starting it from the Hyper-V Manager, then connecting to it from host using Remote Desktop.

3. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jun 23, 2019
  4. Rex99ny Win User

Hyper-V and Windows 95/98?

Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

Hyper-V and Windows 95/98?

1. Hyper-V and Windows 95/98? - Similar Threads - Hyper

2. Has Windows 10 and Hyper-V introduced "Throwhammer" security Mitigations in Ethernet /...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Has Windows 10 and Hyper-V introduced "Throwhammer" security Mitigations in Ethernet /...: Windows 10 Hyper-V enables vEthernet adapters, which are bound to RDMA by default, and which cannot be disabled or modified. Any modification of these adapters, and their settings is reverted on reboot. If RDMA bindings cannot be disabled on vEthernet, and if Microsoft has...
  3. Has Windows 10 Hyper-V introduced "Throwhammer" security Mitigations in vEthernet adapters yet?

Has Windows 10 Hyper-V introduced "Throwhammer" security Mitigations in vEthernet adapters yet?: Windows 10 Hyper-V enables vEthernet adapters, which are bound to RDMA by default, and which cannot be disabled or modified. Any modification of these adapters, and their settings is reverted on reboot. If RDMA bindings cannot be disabled on vEthernet, and if Microsoft has...
  4. Does Windows 10 Hyper-V have "Throwhammer" security Mitigations in vEthernet adapters yet?

Does Windows 10 Hyper-V have "Throwhammer" security Mitigations in vEthernet adapters yet?: Windows 10 Hyper-V enables vEthernet adapters, which are bound to RDMA by default, and which cannot be disabled or modified. Any modification of these adapters, and their settings is reverted on reboot. If RDMA bindings cannot be disabled on vEthernet, and if Microsoft has...
  5. Your host does not meet minimum requirements to run VMware Workstation with Hyper-V or...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Your host does not meet minimum requirements to run VMware Workstation with Hyper-V or...: Running a virtual system in Vmware it was showing a error like this: [ATTACH] I was copy & pasted the error in google there is some solutions i was go throw it, but in the group policies the file Device Gurd missing [ATTACH] now i'm searched in google about DG...
  6. Microsoft Hyper-V NT Kernel Integration VSP Yellow Exclamation point

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Hyper-V NT Kernel Integration VSP Yellow Exclamation point: when ever i open up my device manager it shows that. Device ROOT\VKRNLINTVSP\0000 had a problem starting. Driver Name: wvkrnlintvsp.inf Class Guid: {4d36e97d-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} Service: vkrnlintvsp Lower Filters: Upper Filters: Problem: 0x25 Problem Status:...
  7. Multiple Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapters keep spawning in the Device Manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapters keep spawning in the Device Manager: Hello, I have a Windows 10 Pro 2004 freshly installed and these adapters keep spawning in the Device Manager. I don't even know what they are for. I deleted them "Uninstall the device" function, but they re-appeared after a restart. I tried disabling the VMMS via the...
  8. Hyper-V annoying problems

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V annoying problems: Sometimes, Hyper-V still disconnects after all these years when inserting an user password in the logon multiple times because for some reason even after inserting the right password it tells me it's wrong so to proceed I have to insert a password (right or wrong) multiple...
  9. Windows Hello PIN preventing use of Hyper-VM VM in enhanced mode

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows Hello PIN preventing use of Hyper-VM VM in enhanced mode: I have come across a strange bug with Hyper-V (will report to MS). I created a Windows Pro VM set up with my MS account. I was then unable to access the VM in enhanced mode using the normal vmconnect screens in Hyper-V. I just get dumped to the lockscreen and no keys...
  10. Windows 10 Insider build 20152 now available as ARM64 VHDX for Hyper-V

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Insider build 20152 now available as ARM64 VHDX for Hyper-V: With Windows 10 on ARM Insider Preview builds, you can create 64-bit ARM (ARM64) VMs in Hyper-V on Windows 10 ARM-based PCs. Creating ARM64 VMs is not supported on x64 hardware. Pre-requisites for creating ARM64 VMs: A Windows 10 ARM-based PC with a Microsoft SQ1,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 95 hyper v

2. hyper-v manager windows 98

3. windows 95 hyper-v

4. hyper-v windows 98,
  5. windows 98 on hyper-v 2016