Windows 10: Hyper-V and WSL2 networks do not communicate

Discus and support Hyper-V and WSL2 networks do not communicate in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have this situation: [ATTACH] The Host is Windows 10 Pro ver. 20H2 The Host, the Hyper-V VMs and WSL2 all have Internet access; they all can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MassimoBor, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Hyper-V and WSL2 networks do not communicate

I have this situation:

Hyper-V and WSL2 networks do not communicate ee6b14e8-ba0a-47ab-ae53-a32d25db34a4?upload=true.png

[COLOR=rgba36, 39, 41, 1]The Host is Windows 10 Pro ver. 20H2[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba36, 39, 41, 1]The Host, the Hyper-V VMs and WSL2 all have Internet access; they all can communicate each other, except wsl2 towards the VMs and vice versa the red arrows.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba36, 39, 41, 1]The Hyper-V VMs use the "Default Switch" vNet: 172.29.96.1, netmask: 255.255.240.0, conn type Internal[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba36, 39, 41, 1]WSL2 uses "WSL" vNet: 172.23.240.1, netmask: 255.255.240.0, conn type: Internal[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba36, 39, 41, 1]There is a third vNet, named "nat", I can see using "ipconfig" but that is not listed in Hyper-V virtual switch manager: 172.25.128.1, netmask 255.255.240.0, conn type: ?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba36, 39, 41, 1]Can anyone help me? Thanks[/COLOR]

:)

MassimoBor, Mar 24, 2021

2. Hyper-V networking

Windows 10 Pro, Build 10586.71. Hyper-V installed. All was working well, and then I got a chipset update from Dell. Installed the update and rebooted computer. After that networking was not working correctly, windows showed limited connectivity. I looked
    a little to roll back the driver update, but Windows did not show a new Nic card driver and the chipsets I looked at also did not show a current date. The Dell Command update program does not provide a way to uninstall updates.

I tried to access hyper-v switch manager but it returns an error that "an error occurred while trying to retrieve a list of virtual switches". Also tried using the powershell cmdlet but got a general error.

I accessed the networking center and deleted the Hyper V adapter, then edited my LAN card's config disabling the two Hyper V protocols and enabling the rest. This let me get back on-line with my computer. I have tried uninstalling the Hyper V feature,
    reboot, reinstall - but I am still unable to access the switch manager. I then removed the feature again, re-named the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Hyper-V directory, rebooted, added the feature again. This time (obviously) none of my VM's show up but
    I'm still unable to access the switch manager.

There is no critical data in my Hyper V, I use it for testing, re-creating issues, learning, etc. Is there a way for Windows 10 (or something designed for server 2012 that will apply) that I can use to fully reset the Hyper v networking, or fully rest all
    of hyper v so I can get it working again? I do use the workstation heavily, it's my work computer so it would be very difficult to impossible to reinstall the OS.

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

Matthew.Hart.TMG, Mar 24, 2021
  3. 2004 after sleep mode crash if enable wsl2 (hyper-v)

CPU: Ryzen 3700x

if enable hyper-v (wsl2) - system crash after restore from sleep mode. Kernel power event #41.

If i disabled hypervisorlaunchtype from auto to off - sleep work correct.

All drivers update.

second OS 1903 - work correct.

EugeneKrivoruchko, Mar 24, 2021
  4. Hyper-V and WSL2 networks do not communicate

Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

Hyper-V and WSL2 networks do not communicate

1. Hyper-V and WSL2 networks do not communicate - Similar Threads - Hyper WSL2 networks

2. HYPERVISOR_ERROR, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR with Hyper-V + Docker + WSL2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HYPERVISOR_ERROR, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR with Hyper-V + Docker + WSL2: I have been having BSODs over the last 3 months or so with the error codes I provided in the title.I use VSCode for coding along with Docker Desktop and WSL2 to run Ubuntu 22. 04. on Windows.I have attached the DxDiag and dump files from the Windows\Minidump folder in the...
  3. HYPERVISOR_ERROR, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR with Hyper-V + Docker + WSL2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HYPERVISOR_ERROR, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR with Hyper-V + Docker + WSL2: I have been having BSODs over the last 3 months or so with the error codes I provided in the title.I use VSCode for coding along with Docker Desktop and WSL2 to run Ubuntu 22. 04. on Windows.I have attached the DxDiag and dump files from the Windows\Minidump folder in the...
  4. WSL2 not working after Hyper-V installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL2 not working after Hyper-V installation: WSl2 Windows subsystem for Linux 2 worked great until I installed Hyper-V, which I also uninstalled but WSL2 still doesn't work. Error message: "The system cannot find the specified file."How can i fix it?[moved from de-de]...
  5. WSL2 not working after Hyper-V installation

WSL2 not working after Hyper-V installation: WSl2 Windows subsystem for Linux 2 worked great until I installed Hyper-V, which I also uninstalled but WSL2 still doesn't work. Error message: "The system cannot find the specified file."How can i fix it?[moved from de-de]...
  6. Hyper V Networking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper V Networking: Hello I am trying to get my 6 different VLANS to communicate with each other on the same Hyper V Host.In fact my networking skills are very rusty and i am looking for some help and guidance.The below is my setup:i have a Managed Switch with VLANs with an uplink from the...
  7. Hyper V Networking

Hyper V Networking: Hello I am trying to get my 6 different VLANS to communicate with each other on the same Hyper V Host.In fact my networking skills are very rusty and i am looking for some help and guidance.The below is my setup:i have a Managed Switch with VLANs with an uplink from the...
  8. Can't run Hyper-V or WSL2 on my machine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't run Hyper-V or WSL2 on my machine: Hello, Recently I install fresh Windows 10 Pro on my computer and now I can't use Hyper-V, WSL2 or Docker for Windows. I enabled virtualization in BIOS, enabled additional windows features but I can't run new VM in Hyper-V or convert WSL machine to WSL2. Hyper-V services...
  9. Virtual network is not created in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual network is not created in Hyper-V: Hi guys, I enabled Hyper-V feature in Windows 10 but unable to create a virtual switch. I tried to create private and internal types of virtual switch but every time the process stuck on "Applying changes". What could be the reason of that? Thank you. 61906
  10. Network adapters not appearing in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Network adapters not appearing in Hyper-V: Hello. I'm hoping somebody knowledgeable can help me. I've looked online and I can't find an answer for this problem. I've just recently picked up windows 10 (It's been less than a week so I'm admittedly a noob with it) and I want to create a virtual machine. I've gone...