Windows 10: Hyper-V Automatically being shut down randomly by the guest operating system

Discus and support Hyper-V Automatically being shut down randomly by the guest operating system in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using Windows 10 and am having problems with Hyper-V Automatically being shut down randomly by the host operating system. When I check the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lenfant3, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Lenfant3 Win User

Hyper-V Automatically being shut down randomly by the guest operating system

Hi, I'm using Windows 10 and am having problems with Hyper-V Automatically being shut down randomly by the host operating system.

When I check the host event viewer under the following location:

Event Viewer Local>Applications and Services Logs>Microsoft>Windows>Hyper-V-Worker>Admin

I see the following message:

Hyper-V Automatically being shut down randomly by the guest operating system c5539cb9-d1be-47fd-a62e-c9efd2438d9a?upload=true.png

:)

Lenfant3, Jul 10, 2020
  2. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Jul 10, 2020
  3. JimNim Win User
    Hyper-V guest OS does not shut down cleanly on Windows 10 hypervisor restart

Appears to be identical to KB2896800 but on Windows10.

Windows 10 x64 Professional with Hyper-V enabled, running a Windows 10 virtual machine.

"Automatic Stop Action" is set to "Shut down the guest operating system", but restarting the host OS results in a System Kernel-Power event ID 41 "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first." Shutdown time on the VM takes just under 9 seconds
    to complete, so I don't expect this is due to the operation timing out.

I'm temporarily using "Save the virtual machine state" as a work-around, though "Always start this virtual machine automatically" hasn't been completely consistent.

Anyone w/ MS aware of whether there is a Win10 version of the KB2896800 fix in the works? Or if this is a known issue being worked? This was in a Windows 8.1 rollup in 2013, so I'd expect that fix would have been implemented already in the Win10 development
    cycle if it had the exact same cause.

JimNim, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Ashton W Win User

Can I run two Windows Server operating systems inside Hyper-V?

Hi Nessenboro,

I am an independent advisor and a Microsoft user like you, and I would be happy to help you out with this.

Hyper-V is available on 64-bit versions of Windows 10 Pro. Your hardware also needs to support virtualization (may need to be enabled in BIOS/UEFI).

Provided that you have proper licensing to run the Server operating systems, you should be able to run them both. Be aware all 3 instances are sharing the same hardware. There are some features that work differently in Hyper-V on Windows than they do in Hyper-V
    running on Windows Server.

I would suggest if you haven't already to review this Microsoft documentation in regards to Hyper-V:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/virtualization...

Windows Server operating systems supported as guests include 2012, 2012 R2, 2016, and 2019. For more information:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/virtualization...

I hope this has helped you. If this is not what you are looking for, please reply and let us know and we would be happy to look into providing some different suggestions!

Regards,

-Ashton

Ashton W, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Hyper-V Automatically being shut down randomly by the guest operating system - Similar Threads - Hyper Automatically being

2. Credential Guard ON but not working in Hyper V guest.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Credential Guard ON but not working in Hyper V guest.: I am running a Windows Server 2022 Standard Edition Eval Build 20348 in Hyper V on a Windows 11 22H2 host machine. Even after enabling Credential Guard, I can see the NTLM hash. What am I doing wrong?The following is the screenshot from System InformationFrom Device...
  3. Credential Guard ON but not working in Hyper V guest.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Credential Guard ON but not working in Hyper V guest.: I am running a Windows Server 2022 Standard Edition Eval Build 20348 in Hyper V on a Windows 11 22H2 host machine. Even after enabling Credential Guard, I can see the NTLM hash. What am I doing wrong?The following is the screenshot from System InformationFrom Device...
  4. Fix No operating system was loaded error in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 News
    Fix No operating system was loaded error in Hyper-V: [ATTACH]While booting a Hyper-V virtual machine, if you get No operating system was loaded error, this guide will help you fix the issue. You cannot install your OS on the virtual machine unless or until you fix this problem since it without the ISO, it won’t load the...
  5. Installing operating systems under Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing operating systems under Hyper-V: How do I install MS-DOS in Hyper-V? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-operating-systems-under-hyper-v/66ed2c4c-433a-4621-bfc5-601c3419b785
  6. Hyper-V and Windows 10 Guest speed

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V and Windows 10 Guest speed: What are the best memory settings for a Windows 10 Guest on Hyper-V? 16 Gb of physical memory 127556
  7. Shut Down - Operating System not found

in Windows 10 Support
    Shut Down - Operating System not found: My PC HP Envy W10 home, just shut down on me. I can't remember the exact wording but it was followed the message 'Operating System not found'. I rebooted and it's started fine. Is this the first signs a future problem? 121820
  8. Cannot see option Install Operating System on HYPER-V

Cannot see option Install Operating System on HYPER-V: Hi there Cannot see any option on HYPER-V to INSTALL an OS ????!!. The management and configuration screens come up but HOW do I install the OS and Start the VM !!! Using WINDOWS 10 as HOST. Cheers jimbo 2281
  9. Hyper-V unable to configure network for guest OS - no network

Hyper-V unable to configure network for guest OS - no network: I am running Hyper-V on Windows 10 Pro and trying to install CentOS 6 on a VM. I define an external virtual switch, create a VM, specifying the use of the external virtual switch. I have 2 NICs on the host system, both with network access and internet access. The external...
  10. Hyper-V Default Switch Extension "Not operating correctly"

Hyper-V Default Switch Extension "Not operating correctly": Hello everyone. I just got force fed the 1709 Build 16299.64 update and I am having a problem with the new Default Switch that is a part of the Hyper-V. When I go to look at the settings I see an error about the Microsoft Azure VFP Switch Extension as it says down below "The...