Windows 10: Hyper-V Cannot be installed: Virtualization is disabled in the firmware

Discus and support Hyper-V Cannot be installed: Virtualization is disabled in the firmware in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have installed windows 10 education on Macbook using Boot Camp Assistant. I have problem with running windows server using Hyper V, because I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ssdd2, Oct 30, 2018.

1. ssdd2 Win User

Hyper-V Cannot be installed: Virtualization is disabled in the firmware

I have installed windows 10 education on Macbook using Boot Camp Assistant. I have problem with running windows server using Hyper V, because I cannot select one of the options from window "Turn Windows Features on or off." When I try to select Hyper-V Hypervisor I get information like this: "Hyper-V Cannot be installed: Virtualization is disabled in the firmware". I have found some help, its about BIOS, but still Im not able to do anything because its Macbook. Can anyone help me?

:)

ssdd2, Oct 30, 2018

2. Hyper-V disabled in firmware

New to the community and my first post. I am trying to activate HyperV in optional features but Hyper-V Hypervisor is grayed out Hyper-V platform. When I hover the mouse over it reads as follows: "Hyper-V cannot be installed: Virtualization support is
    disabled in firmware.
    "

I have a Lenovo E570.

Would like to get this activated so I can create a virtual machine running either Windows XP or Windows 7. I have a program called Monarch Pro that I need to run on this virtual machine since I cannot install it on Windows 10 Pro, it requires Internet Explorer
    version 4.01 Service Pack 2 or higher. So I figured using a VM would work. I also have another ancient program called Multi Edit that I have not tried to install but figure I might not be able too.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Vito A. D., Oct 31, 2018
  3. jbl1985 Win User
    Importing Virtual PC -> Hyper V

Thank you. I followed the instructions below, and when I go to hit the action menu to install Integration services, of course, there is no such option under the Action Menu. The instructions seem so simple but I'm still missing something...

Step 4: Install or upgrade integration services

Hyper-V includes a software package for supported guest operating systems that improves integration between the physical computer and the virtual machine. This package is referred to as integration services. To learn more, see Integration
    Services

This step can't be automated or done within a Windows PowerShell session.

To install integration services

• Open Hyper-V Manager. From the Server Manager Tools menu, click Hyper-V Manager.

• Connect to the virtual machine. Right-click the name of the virtual machine and click Connect.

• From the Action menu of Virtual Machine Connection, click Insert Integration Services Setup Disk. This action loads the setup disk in the virtual DVD drive. Depending on the guest operating system installed, you may
      need to start the installation manually.

• After the installation finishes, all integration services are available for use.

jbl1985, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Rex99ny Win User

Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Hyper-V Cannot be installed: Virtualization is disabled in the firmware - Similar Threads - Hyper Cannot installed

2. Hyper-V need to disable but cannot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V need to disable but cannot: Hello,I am trying to load a virtual machine of Windows XP via VMWare Player so I my use some car diagnostic software built for Windows XP.I experience the error - VMware Player and Hyper-V are not compatible. Remove the Hyper-V role from the system before running VMware...
  3. Hyper-V need to disable but cannot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V need to disable but cannot: Hello,I am trying to load a virtual machine of Windows XP via VMWare Player so I my use some car diagnostic software built for Windows XP.I experience the error - VMware Player and Hyper-V are not compatible. Remove the Hyper-V role from the system before running VMware...
  4. Disabled Hyper-V but Hyper-V is still there

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabled Hyper-V but Hyper-V is still there: I disabled Hyper-V using the optional features and restarted my computer, but when I run msinfo32.exe, it still says there is Hyper-V:How can I disable Hyper-V?...
  5. Disabled Hyper-V but Hyper-V is still there

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabled Hyper-V but Hyper-V is still there: I disabled Hyper-V using the optional features and restarted my computer, but when I run msinfo32.exe, it still says there is Hyper-V:How can I disable Hyper-V?...
  6. Windows Sandbox cannot be installed, Virtualization support is disabled in the firmware

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Sandbox cannot be installed, Virtualization support is disabled in the firmware: [ATTACH]This post will guide you if you receive error message Windows Sandbox cannot be installed, Virtualization support is disabled in the firmware in Windows 10. […] This article Windows Sandbox cannot be installed, Virtualization support is disabled in the firmware first...
  7. Virtual network is not created in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual network is not created in Hyper-V: Hi guys, I enabled Hyper-V feature in Windows 10 but unable to create a virtual switch. I tried to create private and internal types of virtual switch but every time the process stuck on "Applying changes". What could be the reason of that? Thank you. 61906
  8. Hyper-V Virtual Switch

Hyper-V Virtual Switch: I cannot create a Virtual switch when using Hyper-V get this error message: [img] I am using a Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter and running Hyper-V with Admin Privleges. Laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio i7 with 8GB Ram running Windows 10 pro. Thanks...
  9. Cannot Install Ubuntu 17.04 in Hyper-v

Cannot Install Ubuntu 17.04 in Hyper-v: I am trying to install Ubuntu 1704 through Hyper V. It seems to go easily until I select the command to go ahead and install Ubuntu. Then things go wrong. I get the following error messages as shown in the attachment. It says that file...
  10. Cannot use Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot use Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch: Hey, new here. I wasn't sure if this should go in Network and Sharing or Programs and Apps, so I apologize if this is in the wrong category. Anyways, while trying to set up a virtual switch I discover I need to install the 'Hyper-v Extensible Virtual Switch' network...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyper v cannot be installed disabled firmware

2. hyper v cannot be installed firmware

3. hyper v is disabled in the firmware

4. hyper v cannot be installed virtualization,
  5. hyper-v cannot be installed,
  6. windows sandbox cannot be installed: Virtualization support is disabled in the firmware,
  7. hyper-v cannot be installed: virtualization support is disabled in the firmware,
  8. hyper-v virtualization disabled in firmware,
  9. hyper-v cannot be installed firmware,
  10. hyper v virtualization disabled in firmware,
  11. why is virtualization support disabled on firmware,
  12. hyper v disabled in firmware,
  13. hyper v cannot be installed disabled in firmware,
  14. hyper-v platform disabled in the firmware,
  15. hyper v cannot be installed virtualization is disabled