Windows 10: Hyper-V cannot install Windows 10

Discus and support Hyper-V cannot install Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to install a Windows 10 virtual machine through Hyper-V I selected Generation 2, ISO downloaded using media creation tool. However, I always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FelixWang-681, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Hyper-V cannot install Windows 10

I want to install a Windows 10 virtual machine through Hyper-V I selected Generation 2, ISO downloaded using media creation tool. However, I always encounter this error:

Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms. Make sure the installation sources are valid and restart the installation.

What should I do to fix it?

Thanks.

:)

FelixWang-681, Jul 28, 2020
  2. 'Mike P Win User

How to enable Hyper V windows 10

fwiw;

Operating System Requirements

The Hyper-V
    role can be enabled on these versions of Windows 10:

• Windows 10 Enterprise
    • Windows 10 Professional
    • Windows 10 Education
    The Hyper-V role cannot be installed on:

• Windows 10 Home
    • Windows 10 Mobile
    • Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise

'Mike P, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Can't Enable Hyper-V in Windows 10 Professional

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. As per my research the error code 0x800f0831 is generated when .Net Framework 3.5 is not enabled on the computer. I suggest you to try enabling .Net Framework 3.5 on the computer. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    4. Now, select the check box for .Net Framework 3.5 and click on
      OK.
    5. Restart the computer.

You can also check if Virtualization feature is enabled in BIOS or not, if it is not enabled, I suggest you to enable it.

You may also refer the troubleshooting steps performed by Jins Peter replied on August 13, 2019 in the thread

Hyper-V on Windows Pro wont install
    and see if that helps.

For additional information, you may also refer the article
    Step-By-Step: Enabling Hyper-V for use on Windows 10

Disclaimer: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee
    that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Hyper-V to assist you with the appropriate details.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Hyper-V cannot install Windows 10

Hyper-V

That's the problem that I cannot find Hyper-V in Windows Features list, hence I am not able to turn it on or off.

NarekGrigoryan, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Hyper-V cannot install Windows 10

1. Hyper-V cannot install Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Hyper cannot install

2. Cannot Uninstall Hyper-V on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Uninstall Hyper-V on Windows 10: I just upgraded my laptop to a Lenovo Thinkpad with a 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7 processor. It is running Windows 10 Enterprise with the 19022.1766 build. I cannot remove Hyper-V from this laptop. I have turned it off through the features as well as anything related to...
  3. Hyper-V cannot be installed on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Hyper-V cannot be installed on Windows 11/10: [IMG]Some users of Windows 10 are reporting that they cannot install Hyper-V. If you are also facing the same issue where you are seeing a Hyper-V cannot be installed error, this guide will help you resolve it, and then you can install it normally and use it. Hyper-V is a...
  4. Hyper V Platform cannot be installed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper V Platform cannot be installed: Ok so the error is that hyper v cannot be installed because virtualization is disabled in the firmware. But I Do enable the virtualization in bios and yet no result! It still says that virtualization is not disabled. Any idea of what might be wrong?...
  5. How To Install Emulator And Hyper V - Hyper V Won't Install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How To Install Emulator And Hyper V - Hyper V Won't Install Windows 10: Hello, i am having trouble installing the Windows 10 mobile emulator for Visual Studio 2015 First I got this message when I attemped to install the first time (see screenshot 1) Dropbox - install microsoft emulator 1st try.PNG So I went to the bios menu and seen...
  6. Cannot see option Install Operating System on HYPER-V

Cannot see option Install Operating System on HYPER-V: Hi there Cannot see any option on HYPER-V to INSTALL an OS ????!!. The management and configuration screens come up but HOW do I install the OS and Start the VM !!! Using WINDOWS 10 as HOST. Cheers jimbo 2281
  7. How to install Windows 10 on Hyper-V VM?

How to install Windows 10 on Hyper-V VM?: If there is a tutorial already, I cannot find it here as most of the hyper-V references are about getting Hyper-V working. I have: - Physical Notebook running Windows 10 Home (with key of course) - Physical Notebook running Window 10 Edu (with key of course) - Hyper-V...
  8. Cannot Install Ubuntu 17.04 in Hyper-v

Cannot Install Ubuntu 17.04 in Hyper-v: I am trying to install Ubuntu 1704 through Hyper V. It seems to go easily until I select the command to go ahead and install Ubuntu. Then things go wrong. I get the following error messages as shown in the attachment. It says that file...
  9. HYPER-V VM via RDP - Cannot install Pgms !!!!!

HYPER-V VM via RDP - Cannot install Pgms !!!!!: Hi there Trying to install programs while connected via RDP (the normal way of accessing your HYPER-V VM remotely). Cannot install programs. This seems a bit daft - I can't always be at the console of the HOST machine - I usually access VM's remotely anyway. cheers...
  10. Windows 10 and Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 and Hyper-V: I tried to install the preview as a virtual machine and everything went fine until after a reboot following the download and installation of the updates. Both 8.1 & 10 locked up with a strange crackling noise through the speakers every few seconds. One good thing about a...