Windows 10: Hyper-V causing blue screens even after disabling Nox Player

Discus and support Hyper-V causing blue screens even after disabling Nox Player in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a problem with Hyper-V causing BSOD on my system upon opening an Android emulator with Nox Player. Earlier today the situation was:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JaneMadelyne, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Hyper-V causing blue screens even after disabling Nox Player

I have a problem with Hyper-V causing BSOD on my system upon opening an Android emulator with Nox Player.

Earlier today the situation was: virtualization was enabled in the BIOS, but Hyper-V was disabled. I ran an android emulator via Nox which worked fine. Then I enabled Hyper-V because Android Studio asked for it. After restarting the pc, opening a single instance on Nox caused a blue screen crash. So when the pc booted back up I disabled Hyper-V in the same way I enabled it, restarted the computer, but the same thing happened: blue screen upon opening Nox.

Since then I have tried to do a system restore to before I enabled Hyper-V, as well as a system restore to a point three days ago. Problem persists. I have tried disabling virtualization in the BIOS and enabling it later, no change.

On the same note, for some reason Google Chrome also won't start anymore. I have no idea how this is related might be that the crash broke something but wanted to add that.

So what's bothering me is that when enabling Hyper-V caused the problem, I hoped that disabling it would fix it. That is not the case, and I'm not sure what else I could try right now. I am a little hesitant to mess around with drivers at the moment as it has caused trouble in the past.

My setup is:

Windows 10

AMD Ryzen 5 2600x

AMD Radeon RX 480

16GB memory

I'm not sure what other information I should add so please let me know if I'm missing something. Thanks in advance for your time.

:)

JaneMadelyne, Apr 30, 2020

2. Trying to Disable Hyper-V, Getting BSOD

I have been trying to disable Hyper-V so that I can use VirtualBox. Each time I attempt to remove Hyper-V through Windows Features, the OS shuts down, and then hits a BSODs during boot. I am then able to return to a restore point.

I have tried:

• Removing the Hyper-V features after a clean boot.
    • Manually disabling the Hyper-V service, manually removing Hyper-V network adapters, and then disabling Hyper-V in Windows Featuers.

I believe the issue might be similar to this (but not the exact same): Trying disable Hyper-V cause blue screen when windows restart

Brandon0000, Apr 30, 2020
  3. hpbaxxter Win User
    Nox causing BSoD !

When I open nox emu my pc gets a blue screen at 90% and restarts. What can i do to fix this?
    Note : the Virtualization is disabled in BIOS, even the Hyper VT in windows.

hpbaxxter, Apr 30, 2020
  4. canufrank Win User

Hyper-V causing blue screens even after disabling Nox Player

Nox causing BSoD !

I disabled updates for about 5 months in the hope nox would fix this. Sent a report to Microsoft as to why I was rolling back Windows. Sent a report to nox too. Problem is still there. I'm just looking to a new emulator.

canufrank, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Hyper-V causing blue screens even after disabling Nox Player

1. Hyper-V causing blue screens even after disabling Nox Player - Similar Threads - Hyper causing blue

2. Hyper-V running even after being disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hyper-V running even after being disabled: Hello,What would cause Hyper-V to continue to generate logs even after the software is disabled and feature turned off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/hyper-v-running-even-after-being-disabled/8d048265-d0d9-465d-b647-9e121ea059bf
  3. Disabled Hyper-V but Hyper-V is still there

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabled Hyper-V but Hyper-V is still there: I disabled Hyper-V using the optional features and restarted my computer, but when I run msinfo32.exe, it still says there is Hyper-V:How can I disable Hyper-V?...
  4. Disabled Hyper-V but Hyper-V is still there

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabled Hyper-V but Hyper-V is still there: I disabled Hyper-V using the optional features and restarted my computer, but when I run msinfo32.exe, it still says there is Hyper-V:How can I disable Hyper-V?...
  5. Disabled Hyper-V but Hyper-V is still there

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. enabling hyper-v after disabling it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    enabling hyper-v after disabling it.: Hi. I play cs:go and wanted to use a third party client (FACEIT) which told me to deactivate hyper-v in order to use their anticheat. I used this command bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off And now I cant get it to work. When I open the command line it tells me to...
  7. Bootloop after disabling hyper v

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bootloop after disabling hyper v: My laptop just got an infinite bootloop after i disabled hyper v to install an android emulator. It was running fine until i rebooted it. I attempted to boot to safe mode and tried orher ways online unsuccesfully. One of the solutions i found was to make a bootable media on...
  8. Trying disable Hyper-V cause blue screen when windows restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying disable Hyper-V cause blue screen when windows restart: I'm trying to disable Hiper-v in order to uninstall VMware, which cannot be uninstalled if I have Hyper-V enabled. After I've unchecked Hiper-V (all) and Windows Hypervisor Platform from Windows features, restart is required, I click restart and windows crashes with the blue...
  9. Got a Blue Screen after using Nox (android emulator) with tick in the Hyper-V box.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got a Blue Screen after using Nox (android emulator) with tick in the Hyper-V box.: Log Name: Application Source: Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP Date: 6/3/2562 13:00:29 Event ID: 8198 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-O4Q2ET1 Description: License Activation...
  10. Disabling hyper V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Disabling hyper V: I apparently need to disable hyper v in my updated windows 10 home to get my virtual box vms to work. Would disabling hyper v remove any other windows 10 features? In other words, is there a downside to disabling hyper v? 123407

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nox blue screen even with off hyper v