Windows 10: Hyper-v default switch (NAT), no internet network

Discus and support Hyper-v default switch (NAT), no internet network in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a problem with my hyper-v default virtual switch. If I want to have an internet access on my Hyper-v win 10 virtual machine, i have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by bacekkk, Jun 16, 2020.

1. bacekkk Win User

Hyper-v default switch (NAT), no internet network

Hi all, I have a problem with my hyper-v default virtual switch.
    If I want to have an internet access on my Hyper-v win 10 virtual machine, i have to start (once) windows sandbox (workaround).
    After windows sandbox is started, new NIC is created in my win 10 virtual machine and DHCP gets correct IP address.
    Now my question is if there exists a fix for this issue?
    Thanks in advance.

I am running win 10 2004. I had the same issue before on win 10 1909.

:)

bacekkk, Jun 16, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Hyper-v virtual switch breaks my network

The default switch is somewhat problematic, I simply cannot understand why MS has decided that it can't be deleted and re-created, to resolve connection issues or simply because user does not need it.

Sometimes it simply does not work and as no apparent reason can be found, the only option user has left with is to disable Hyper-V feature, restart and enable Hyper-V again. This can in some cases lead to lost virtual machines.

That being said, I find it positive that there now exists an option to set up a VM using NAT networking. Default switch is an important feature, I just wish it could be managed as any other switch.

BTW, a workaround for those users who'd prefer not to create an external switch but also would prefer allowing full and easy networking between host and guest thus not wanting to use default switch is simply to set up an internal switch in Hyper-V Virtual Switch Manager, make VM to use it, and share host's Internet connection with this internal switch.

Hyper-v default switch (NAT), no internet network [​IMG]

3. Kari Win User
    Hyper-v virtual switch breaks my network

Since version 1709 (Fall Creators Update) you do not have to create external switches to get Hyper-V virtual machines connected to Internet. If you are OK with using NAT networking, forget external switches; set up Hyper-V and use the new Default Switch when setting up new virtual machines:

Hyper-v default switch (NAT), no internet network [​IMG]

4. kebero Win User

kebero, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Hyper-v default switch (NAT), no internet network - Similar Threads - Hyper default switch

2. Hyper-V VM's have no internet connection with default switch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hyper-V VM's have no internet connection with default switch: Hello,I frequently make VM's with hyper-v either to test things, or just for convenience's sake. usually with windows on them as well.But recently, any VM's I make or have previously made can't connect to the internet at all. I usually just use the "default switch", but that...
  3. Hyper-V "Default Switch" No Internet with Security Baseline

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper-V "Default Switch" No Internet with Security Baseline: Hi,I am managing devices with Intune and doing testing of the Microsoft Security Baseline being applied to Windows 10 devices. Functionality has been fine with the Security Baseline except for Virtual Machines running in Hyper-V and using the "Default Switch" do not get...
  4. Hyper-V VM Networking thru the default switch

Hyper-V VM Networking thru the default switch: Hello, I'm trying to get networking working in a VM using the hyper-v default switch. Eventually I want to run a Linux image, but I'm starting with Windows 10 'dev environment' image to work things out. The Windows image starts, and thinks it has an up adapter, got the...
  5. Can't enable Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch in Networking

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Can't enable Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch in Networking: I can find the dialog to enable the Hyper-V Extensible Switch for my network card but when I say OK then it says: "Your current selection will also disable the following features: Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch" Yes or No Either way the selection becomes...
  6. Hyper-V NAT (finally)!

Hyper-V NAT (finally)!: It looks like you can use Powershell to configure a NAT adapter in Hyper-V: Hyper-V Virtual Switch using NAT Configuration | Thomas Maurer 48253
  7. Hyper-v virtual switch breaks my network

Hyper-v virtual switch breaks my network: I’m not entirely sure if this should be in networking section. Sorry if this is wrong section. First little background. I have Raspberry Pi running Kodi. I also have Windows 10 computer with TV tuner card. I can watch TV on Kodi over the network as the Windows 10 machine...
  8. Hyper-V Default Switch Extension "Not operating correctly"

Hyper-V Default Switch Extension "Not operating correctly": Hello everyone. I just got force fed the 1709 Build 16299.64 update and I am having a problem with the new Default Switch that is a part of the Hyper-V. When I go to look at the settings I see an error about the Microsoft Azure VFP Switch Extension as it says down below "The...
  9. Hyper-V Virtual Switch

Hyper-V Virtual Switch: I cannot create a Virtual switch when using Hyper-V get this error message: [img] I am using a Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter and running Hyper-V with Admin Privleges. Laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio i7 with 8GB Ram running Windows 10 pro. Thanks...
  10. Win10 Accesses the Internet With Hyper-V's Virtual Switch

Win10 Accesses the Internet With Hyper-V's Virtual Switch: After adding Hyper-V to Windows 10 Pro, Windows now accesses the internet with the virtual switch I created for Hyper-V instead of my Ethernet connection. Why isn't Windows 10 using my Ethernet connection? 83247

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyoer-v default switch not working

2. hyper-v default switch nat do not working

3. hyper v no internet with default switch