Windows 10: Hyper-V Default Switch Repetitive Re-creation on Windows 10 1809 (10.0.17763)

Discus and support Hyper-V Default Switch Repetitive Re-creation on Windows 10 1809 (10.0.17763) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; On Thursday 2018-10-04 my host development PC + several guest Windows 10 machines all updated to the latest Windows 10 1809 feature release apparently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dave Stringer, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Hyper-V Default Switch Repetitive Re-creation on Windows 10 1809 (10.0.17763)

On Thursday 2018-10-04 my host development PC + several guest Windows 10 machines all updated to the latest Windows 10 1809 feature release apparently without incident.

My guest machines use the Hyper-V default switch for their NAT networking which has worked effectively for the past year.

I have just noticed however every time you reboot the host, the default switch is getting deleted and then recreated and hence allocated a new network identity and IP address (the Hyper-V default switch uses /28 network for its NAT network). The event log confirms the adapter deletion and re-creation events following a reboot.

The effect of this is that each guest is constantly seeing a new network following a host reboot. This is not correct behaviour and the in the past the identity of the default switches network adapter remained stable between reboots and consequently its assigned /28 network also remained stable.

I have some Windows 10 guest machines with Hyper-V installed within the guest (required for virtual device development). This guest machines also have a nested default switch which also exhibits the same delete/recreate behaviour following a guest machine restart.

I was tempted to roll back of the feature update on the host, but have since noticed I am beyond the 10 days grace period for feature roll back which seems a very short time.

Consequently I am stuck with the behaviour for the present.

I am hoping a fix for this will be available for this bug in the future.

As a side not I wish Microsoft would give us control of the IP address assigned to the Hyper-V default switch.

:)

Dave Stringer, Oct 22, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

Windows 10 Host -- Windows 10 Guest Hyper-V -- GPU not detected

I am using the Microsoft Hyper-V virtual machine software on 1 of my Windows 10 PCs and have all kinds of VMs (Guest OSes) under it.
    By default, Hyper-V gives very basic GPU capability to the VMs, without even 2D acceleration, but for Windows Vista or higher Guest OSes, an option to have some 2D/3D GPU/DirectX acceleration exists by adding a RemoteFX adapter to the Guest OS.

When I do this, then run GPU-Z on the VM/Guest OS, NO proper (or any) info shows, see screenshot:

Hyper-V Default Switch Repetitive Re-creation on Windows 10 1809 (10.0.17763) jae.png

Larger shot is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8kxya995jrn8io7/img-2017-02-23-10-18-28.png?dl=0

DxDiag info of GPU is here: https://s.mail.ru/36AR/US54QiCM5

Expected: Show Microsoft logo as videocard maker logo, list OS used (Windows 10 in this case, but could be Vista, Windows 7, 8/8.1/etc), and amount of memory of the GPU (such as 128 MB, 256 MB/etc).

Please add!

3. cereberus Win User
    Hyper-V Virtual Switch

Have you followed steps exactly as is this tutorial?

Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

cereberus, Oct 22, 2018
  4. 'Mike P Win User

Hyper-V Default Switch Repetitive Re-creation on Windows 10 1809 (10.0.17763)

How to enable Hyper V windows 10

fwiw;

Operating System Requirements

The Hyper-V
    role can be enabled on these versions of Windows 10:

• Windows 10 Enterprise
    • Windows 10 Professional
    • Windows 10 Education
    The Hyper-V role cannot be installed on:

• Windows 10 Home
    • Windows 10 Mobile
    • Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise

'Mike P, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

Hyper-V Default Switch Repetitive Re-creation on Windows 10 1809 (10.0.17763)

1. Hyper-V Default Switch Repetitive Re-creation on Windows 10 1809 (10.0.17763) - Similar Threads - Hyper Default Switch

2. Hyper-V "Default Switch" No Internet with Security Baseline

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper-V "Default Switch" No Internet with Security Baseline: Hi,I am managing devices with Intune and doing testing of the Microsoft Security Baseline being applied to Windows 10 devices. Functionality has been fine with the Security Baseline except for Virtual Machines running in Hyper-V and using the "Default Switch" do not get...
  3. Windows 10 Hyper-V "Default Switch" question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Hyper-V "Default Switch" question: Hi, The VMs on Windows 10 Hyper-V set to use the default switch on Windows 10 Hyper-V receive dynamic IP addresses. There is no setting to set it to static. I'm assuming there is NAT set up behind the scene that supplies those IPs. To get around this issue I have set up a...
  4. Hyper-v default switch (NAT), no internet network

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-v default switch (NAT), no internet network: Hi all, I have a problem with my hyper-v default virtual switch. If I want to have an internet access on my Hyper-v win 10 virtual machine, i have to start (once) windows sandbox (workaround). After windows sandbox is started, new NIC is created in my win 10 virtual machine...
  5. Hyper-V- Win 10 1809: Permanently Delete Default Switch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper-V- Win 10 1809: Permanently Delete Default Switch: Good day, In prior versions of Windows 10 I was fairly certain my deleting of Default Switch was permanent. When the Default switch is deleted it almost instantly is recreated. I cant for the life of me understand why this switch is mandatory. I have used Hyper-V...
  6. Windows 10 Education 17763 (1809)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Education 17763 (1809): Hi! My Windows 10 Laptop is running very slow. I am running Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 5025-u @ 2.00 Ghz, 2 GB AMD Radeon Graphics card and 4 GB RAM. Can anybody help me? My model is HP Notebook 14-ac153TX. I tried deleting temp. files, freeing up disk space and a fresh, clean...
  7. Hyper-V VM Networking thru the default switch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hyper-V VM Networking thru the default switch: Hello, I'm trying to get networking working in a VM using the hyper-v default switch. Eventually I want to run a Linux image, but I'm starting with Windows 10 'dev environment' image to work things out. The Windows image starts, and thinks it has an up adapter, got the...
  8. Hyper-V Default Switch Extension "Not operating correctly"

Hyper-V Default Switch Extension "Not operating correctly": Hello everyone. I just got force fed the 1709 Build 16299.64 update and I am having a problem with the new Default Switch that is a part of the Hyper-V. When I go to look at the settings I see an error about the Microsoft Azure VFP Switch Extension as it says down below "The...
  9. Hyper-V Virtual Switch

Hyper-V Virtual Switch: I cannot create a Virtual switch when using Hyper-V get this error message: [img] I am using a Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter and running Hyper-V with Admin Privleges. Laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio i7 with 8GB Ram running Windows 10 pro. Thanks...
  10. Windows 10 and Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 and Hyper-V: I tried to install the preview as a virtual machine and everything went fine until after a reboot following the download and installation of the updates. Both 8.1 & 10 locked up with a strange crackling noise through the speakers every few seconds. One good thing about a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1809 hyper-v default switch

2. windows 10 1809 hyper-v switch

3. hyper-v default switch new connection every time

4. hyper-v 1809 default switch dhcp,
  5. windows 10 1809 missing hyper v default switch,
  6. hyper-v cant use default switch more than two PCs,
  7. Windows 10 1809 Hyper-V unable to create default switch,
  8. windows 1809 hyper-v default switch not connected,
  9. windows 10 1809 default switch,
  10. windows 10 build 1809 default network switch,
  11. hyper-v windows 10 1809 vmswitch